Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

Aftermarket alarm, finally.

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2009, 02:55 AM
Aftermarket alarm, finally.

So I finally put my alarm in at work last night. My boss was nice enough to let me pull it into the bay and set to work. Didn't take too long, only about 4 hours. I installed a Viper 5701V. Great alarm with long range (2000ft), remote start, 2-way, and 5 auxiliary hook up.

I have a manual, and I did do the remote start on it. I never ever ever park in gear, and I'm the only one that drives the Fit, so I'm not worried at all about it being in gear. I ran the Neutral Safety Switch to the ground on the parking brake, since (as far as I know) the Fit doesn't have the neutral safety built into it.

Most of it was cake. Almost all of the wires needed are located next to the fuse box. They're bundled in there pretty tightly, so I ended up unplugging the ones I needed and putting them back in after I tapped the wires. Ignition harness was pretty easy, once again a little tight but I made it work.

Next I will be purchasing the 530T modules that will allow me to control my windows, and also roll my windows up when I arm the alarm. I will also be hooking up the rear defrost to one of the aux in order to control that from the remote.

The was done on a Base GD3 manual transmission. I'll be doing my mom's new GE8 this next week, so I'll let you know what the difference is as far installation goes. Feel free to ask any questions.

Old 08-29-2009, 02:39 AM
wanna help me out with my 07 GD3 base, with the viper 5701? ill pay you for labor!

Old 09-03-2009, 12:37 AM
5 Year Member
Where you able to retain the stock blinking red light on the dash?

Old 09-03-2009, 01:44 AM
Originally Posted by danger69
Where you able to retain the stock blinking red light on the dash?
Yes. Mainly because it doesn't have anything to do with any security system as far as I know. It's simply a theft deterrent. But I did replace the stock head unit the other week, so now the blinky red light is gone. But thats fine, I have a blinky blue light now!

Old 09-04-2009, 06:46 PM
A bit of an update. My work is offering an accommodation for Directed Electronics products at a very good price. So I'll be picking up my two 530T modules (the power window control mods) and a new Bit Writer as my last one seems to have been left in a customer's car. Since I haven't seen anything about a DIY on power window control through an alarm, I'll be writing one up. It'll probably be a few weeks till I have the mods, so it'll be a bit before you hear about this again.