Fit Freak Newbie / FAQs New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted. FAQs will also be answered here.

Greetings, all!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2015, 03:26 AM
Greetings, all!!

Hey all,

I just purchased a new-to-me 07 Vivid Blue Fit Sport. Currently has 90k miles and no maintenance issues, hooray!

I actually purchased this car from my brother who needed a proper family vehicle (he bought a new Pilot today), and I was in need of a good but fun commuter car (my 04 S60R car gets horrendous gas mileage).

As this will be my daily, I'm not looking to do too many crazy things to the car, but I do plan on modding as I go along. After doing a lot of DIY on my 04 Volvo, this thing ought to be a breeze to work on in comparison.

I do have a couple of initial questions about the Fit in general.

1. I have the AT in mine. Are power upgrades even worth it, and how much additional hp/tq can the drivetrain safely handle?

2. Any "must do" mods for these cars? Every model seems to have at least one or two mods that should have come stock from the factory.

3. I know Hondas are known for their reliability, but any glaring maintenance concerns I should know about on these cars in particular?

Anyways, I look forward to participating here and getting to know you all!

Phil

(Yes, pics to come shortly, but seriously, it's a Vivid Blue Fit. You know what they look like. )

Old 07-26-2015, 08:51 AM
5 Year Member
Welcome to the forum

Originally Posted by PhilCo
2. Any "must do" mods for these cars? Every model seems to have at least one or two mods that should have come stock from the factory.
Yes! Sticky tires and lowering :-)

Old 07-26-2015, 11:54 AM
Originally Posted by GolNat
Welcome to the forum

Yes! Sticky tires and lowering :-)
Well, naturally. It's actually got a decently new set of good all-seasons on it, and a set of steelies with new winters, so it might be a while before i can justify some new sticky rubber for it.

I am amazed at how inexpensive aftermarket parts are for these cars. Granted, the Volvo aftermarket and community are much smaller than that of Honda (and virtually every other car community, ha!), but I didn't realize that things would literally cost half as much or less than what I'm used to paying.