Fit Freak Newbie / FAQs New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted. FAQs will also be answered here.

tuner noob

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2006, 09:21 PM
tuner noob

alright the fit is going to be my first car, and it will also be the first car i mod. what are some good performance parts for the fit? and can you guys give me some names of manufacturers etc. thnks

Old 09-27-2006, 10:39 PM
5 Year Member
SEARCH

And to answer your question:
haha...well that depends on how much you want to spend, bro?

Old 09-27-2006, 11:06 PM
ive done the searching and ive seen alot and people say its all good but i want to know whats the best out of them all, price doesn't matter but im not going to change the whole engine out :P

Old 09-27-2006, 11:24 PM
first you gotta decide what you want from your car. what kind of performance are you looking for? then you should get into that type of racing or whatever and see what others are doing to get an idea of what parts work and dont work. i recomend just driving your car stock at first to really learn what it is capable of and not capable of. learn the limits of your car and work from there.

Old 09-27-2006, 11:27 PM
Retired Moderator
modding is totally up to the owner. what one guy thinks is better or looks cool is different from someone else. it's all personal preference. Always remember, you usually get what you pay for, so if you buy cheaper stuff like Ractive, don't expect it to last. There isn't a best of them all persay. Depends on what you are looking for...

Old 09-27-2006, 11:27 PM
im looking for something that will up performance, and maybe up mpg, currently im checking out the spoon mods

Old 09-27-2006, 11:41 PM
performance can mean a lot of things. but im guessing you're just talking about hp. and there are many routes you can go with that. like illusive said its all preferance. and he's right you do get what you pay for, its always better to just do things right the first time instead of just going for the quickest bang for your buck. and stay away from ebay.

Old 09-27-2006, 11:42 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by firstshadow
im looking for something that will up performance, and maybe up mpg, currently im checking out the spoon mods
OK, first car and first car you mod?

Then no matter what, I would suggest signing up for driving school- not your routine driver's ed school but real performance driving school.

They teach skills for high speed driving and car control techniques that are useful for street and for competition driving.

If you really like driving I would suggest trying out autocross sponsored by the Sport car club of america. There are local events in every major city.

The more you can keep your car stock the better. Skill counts alot more than mods. Your FIT already is well designed and you have to learn how to drive it to it's full potential.

When adding mods you will be adding to this performance potential but if your skills are not sufficient then you cannot realize the benefit you seek.

When doing autocross it is always best to start out in stock class and learn more before modding and forcing your car out of stock class and into very competitive modified classes (where the experienced drivers are). You can have fun no matter which class you choose. You can get some instruction from other drivers at autocross. You only need a helmet and drivers license. Entry fee is less if you are a member of Sport car club of America.

Old 09-28-2006, 12:03 AM
oh yeah btw i have a silver sport metallic base automatic

Old 09-28-2006, 12:18 AM
Banned
Your 14 and unlimited money wit a Sport Base Auto
Play video games not people!

Old 09-28-2006, 12:23 AM
psh money isnt unlimited, its like common sense, you buy one thing once in a while over time, and its a base non sport auto and you can never start too early on learning about cars

Old 09-28-2006, 12:23 AM
5 Year Member
I agree, realistically, if you do anything...
Do things that will make the car more enjoyable to you. get some lowering springs SOME GOOD ONES don't cheap out YOU'LL REGRET IT!..and some class, sporty wheels. Maybe tint the windows...throw an INJEN intake and a rear section. then just cruise around in a sweet little honda.

Old 09-28-2006, 12:49 AM
5 Year Member
I'm selling my Eibachs for cheap. Can't go wrong with those.

Old 09-28-2006, 12:50 AM
Banned
Now then before you go out and get yourself killed trying to drive like your'e playin Grand Tourismo or some video game take drivers ed like I did. Learn common courtesy and safety techniques.
I learned how to drive on a VW stick in a 3rd world country suggest the same for anyone.
What I have my eyes set on is a Fujita SRI and a catback exhaust both
will give good gains of both HP and fuel and both sound killer.
Yeah,Yeah lets start the old SRI-vs-CAI We both have auto Fits and if anyone had insight to make a CAI to fit an AUTO FIT then of course the CAI would be better.
CAI= cold air intake, feeds cooler outside air to the engine
SRI= short ram intake, just as name implies but city driving and hot engine temp could impede performance gains.

Old 09-28-2006, 12:52 AM
ive been driving my dads car in the mountains when we go on road trips so ive got some experience, and grand tourismo isnt so great anymore LoL

Old 09-28-2006, 12:55 AM
Banned
The Fujita comes with a cool hat and a duffle bag and some stickers I really wanted the Secret Weapon just for the name !but I have seen more bad reports about Weapon R Secret Weapon than anything else.

Old 09-28-2006, 12:58 AM
Retired Moderator
You're gonna need more than a few trips in the mountains to be a good driver slick The city is different from the mountains...multiple lanes of traffic, crazy raging drivers, big arse SUVs that think they own the road...I totally agree with zonianjohn, go take a drivers training course, I did, and you learn a lot about being a courteous driver and how to driver properly in the city. Put your modding on hold until you can drive...it takes at least a year or two...don't be so hasty

and AEM CAI FTW!!!

Old 09-28-2006, 01:20 AM
Banned
I've driven deliveries in rush hour traffic in ATL, an Armored Car in New Orleans,
and through the jungle and rain forrest in the wet season played at Rally in the north georgia hills (flipped into a ditch) and insane speeds for back country Alabama and Florida roads in my F150 5.7l.
All of which I do not reccomend ESPECCIALY NOT in a new car.
My first vehicle was a Honda 50 Trailboss when I was 12 My first car was a 10yo beat up VW BUG which I painted Battleship Grey redid the interior Grey courdoroy Put a new radio with 6x9's Sheep skinseat covers on the front
and a Cherry Bomb muffler that shot flames when I downshifted.
Experience comes don't rush, be safe and have FUN

Old 09-28-2006, 01:37 AM
5 Year Member
Dude GT4 is awesome what are you talking about...

Just go to an Autocross and wreck shop..you'll likely enjoy that.. A LOT!

Old 09-28-2006, 03:21 AM
Father of the Wasteland
5 Year Member
First thing you need to do is look in the mirror and say i will not street race..Second buy a cheap CRX and learn on that you dont want to be ****ing up your brand new car.

Quick Reply: tuner noob