Fit Freak Newbie / FAQs New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted. FAQs will also be answered here.

New Fit EX in Anaheim (and advice on KARR)

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2014, 03:17 PM
New Fit EX in Anaheim (and advice on KARR)

Hello, new Fit family!

I'm a long-time Honda owner. My previous, (still have it, actually) car is an '89 Prelude Si. I bought it 15 years ago with 150,000 miles on it and it's got about 350K now. Needless to say, I haven't been shopping for a new car in a while.

As the subject line hints, I got talked into the KARR alarm for $599. The way it was pitched, I thought I was activating upgraded features of the factory alarm. Too late, I realized what I was actually getting. I know this has come up often in this forum, so I won't bore you.

A couple days after the purchase, the salesman came by to drop off my second key fob. I expressed my concerns to him that I felt like I hadn't gotten what I'd expected and then asked him "How do I even know this upgrade has been activated?" You should have seen the surprised look I got back. "Let's got see your car," he says.

To the garage we go and, here's where it gets good, he shows me that the KARR alarm wasn't even installed! So, sales guy heads back to the dealership to see what happened and I get a call from the sales manager. Long story short, he knows there's a mistake to correct, and he knows I've changed my mind on activation, but he says that if the paperwork has already gone to corporate, the only thing to do if I don't want the system (and I don't) is to get the equivalent in accessories. Does this seem as bogus to you as it does to me? if I'd wanted other accessories, I would have added them at the outset. I'd rather have that $599 back and buy my own accessories.

Other than this hiccup, everything else has been great. Glad to be here. Looking forward to spending more time with fellow Fit Freaks.

Old 10-15-2014, 12:12 PM
KARR Update

If anyone's interested in the outcome of this, I called the dealership and spoke with the Finance Manager. I was concerned at first, because when I mentioned the situation, it was obvious the Sales Manager hadn't spoken with him as he said he would. I wasn't really surprised, so I launched into my tale of woe, expecting to have a fight on my hands. Nope. Said he'd take it right off and that I should expect to see it on the statement. Even emailed me a confirmation so that I have documentation.

I'll still feel better once I see the actual total off the statement, but, for now, I'm happy with the outcome and loving my new Fit.

Old 11-02-2014, 09:36 AM
That's kinda crazy!

BTW what dealer was this? I'm going shopping for a Fit today and I'd like to avoid this dealer if at all possible.

Also how happy are you with your new car?

Thanks.