Fit Freak Newbie / FAQs New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted. FAQs will also be answered here.

Fit on the way... few questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2006, 09:46 AM
Fit on the way... few questions

I have a BOM Fit on the way, ETA 4-6 weeks but I'm feeling lucky so maybe sooner. I have been reading about the Fit for weeks straight and remember a discussion about the undercoating. Is this something that has to be requested from the dealer or is it Standard from the Honda manufacturer? I would assume it was standard but I think I remember someone mentioning otherwise? Also I have had the chance to see 2 Sports at my nearby dealer and although both cars were sold and unavailable for test drive, they both had scraping damage to the front end. Is this just a careless driver who is loading the car or is it an unavoidable hazaed. I fully intend on being cautious on steep entrances and such but these cars barely have a mile on them and are already damaged a bit. Anyone having a problem with too much scraping?

I appreciate any help and if anyone wants to throw in some advice about how they broke their car in I'd appreciate that too. Thanks

Old 09-09-2006, 10:17 AM
5 Year Member
I have 7000 miles on my Sport - not a scratch.

I am VERY careful when it comes to parking blocks, and steep driveways, etc.

Mine isn't "undercoated" from the factory. The dealer can do it or have it done, if you feel it is necessary.

Good luck on the wait - I wasn't that patient!!

Old 09-09-2006, 01:21 PM
sam
Super Moderator
Thumbs up

Just sharing my understanding and perspective. Others surely have better opinions
Originally Posted by MisterFit
discussion about the undercoating. Is this something that has to be requested from the dealer or is it Standard from the Honda manufacturer? I would assume it was standard but I think I remember someone mentioning otherwise?
Some people mentioned getting undercoating to reduce road noise. The same stuff they sell to "protect from rust". Don't coat the front wheel wells which I would not expect to help much with noise anyway- you'll need to get in there to change headlights or something.
Originally Posted by MisterFit
scraping damage to the front end. Is this just a careless driver who is loading the car or is it an unavoidable hazaed. I fully intend on being cautious on steep entrances and such
My front has scraped a couple times. It is annoying and generally easy to avoid. The damage for me has been pretty superficial and the plastic under the gouge is still silver.

Old 09-09-2006, 11:22 PM
5 Year Member
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-interior-modifications/7662-what-fits-fit.html
scraping the front end is easy to do. the plastic is black, if you go deep enough.

Old 09-13-2006, 04:33 PM
Watch out for Car washes, mine won't be going back. Got a gouge in the drivers side skirt from the alignment guide. These things sit really low and are super easy to drag on parking blocks, steep driveway transitions etc. It's the most fun I've had with a car since my '90 crx si, but you have to think about what you're driving.

Old 09-29-2006, 02:39 AM
Banned
someone slid/ran a key across my hood and two pieces of wood came down on my bumper leaving marks .
I park away from everyone else except when my hood got damaged