Fit Freak Newbie / FAQs New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted. FAQs will also be answered here.

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2014, 12:08 PM

Hi Everyone! I'm new to the forums, but not new to Honda. I'm currently thinking about making the move to a 2015 Fit EX-L (just did a test drive on Saturday), and I found this forum via my research.

So far, I'm really enjoying all of the information and opinions that everyone has to share.

I worked at a Honda dealership the year that the Fit first came to the US, and I almost bought the Fit over the Accord. However, I was coming from a Sentra (only non-Honda I've owned, and regretted it) and felt that I needed a step up. Instead, I bought an 07 Accord V6 EX-L.

Last year, I traded in the 07. I currently own a 2013 V6 EX-L Accord. While it is a lovely car, I haven't been able to bond with it (Does that sound crazy? Wait, don't answer that.) I really miss the 07 Accord, and I still haven't been able to shake my wanderlust for the Fit.

I was seriously impressed with the Fit after the test drive. I still can't get over the roominess and functionality, and coming from an Accord, I think that's impressive. It did not feel like a subcompact to me. It has all of the tech that's in my Accord, which is the main reason I traded in the 07 for the 13.

And that is what brings me here. I'm seriously considering trading in my Accord for the Fit.

Old 07-03-2014, 02:57 PM
It's Official!

I took delivery of my 2015 Passion Berry Pearl EX-L w/Nav last night. I am so pleased with this car.

I do not miss the Accord at all. I was afraid that I would miss the V6, but after carefully monitoring my driving habits, I rarely needed to unleash the beast except for merging onto the interstate. I also rarely had the chance to let it fly, seeing as how I live in a major urban area with lots of traffic.

I was also getting tired of the $50+ tank fill ups (17 gal tank).

I now feel like an official part of the community!