Fit Freak Newbie / FAQs New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted. FAQs will also be answered here.

Hello everybody!

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2013, 12:09 AM
Thumbs up Hello everybody!

Hi all. Im wade and im new to the fit. Just bought a 09' fit sport with the deep purple color...which is fitting (no pun intended lol) cause I owned a purple civic that I built a d16a6 block w/ y7 head that had 233whp N/a. So im not new to tuning as I tune all kinds of vehicles including my own.

My fit has just over 26k on the clock. So I may wait a little longer to start modding the motor. The suspension will definitely get the upgrades first. I was writing this car off as a possible daily driver, but after a test drive that reminded me of my old civic...I went for it. I must say that I thoroughly enjoy driving it around.

Sorry for the rambling and long read. Pretty much all that to say hello and hope I can contribute some positives. And as soon as I dive into the inner workings of the ecu, I'll gladly share my knowledge.

Old 12-16-2013, 12:13 AM
5 Year Member
Awesome! Congrats on the purchase! I'm sure you'll love the car as most of us here do. Happy Holidays

Old 12-16-2013, 10:56 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
yah, wat i like most about these Fits is that they do remind me of my old civic hatchback i had back in the 90's.

Old 12-16-2013, 12:00 PM
5 Year Member
When I first read the title of your post, my first reaction was to write back with:

Hi Doctor Nick (8 ^ (l)

Anyway, welcome to the board.

Old 12-16-2013, 12:46 PM
Welcome to the boards

Originally Posted by mightyjoefit
I built a d16a6 block w/ y7 head that had 233whp N/a.
Details on this? I find it hard to believe but am interested because if we were to really have someone on this board that made something like this happen it'd be really nice.

Old 12-16-2013, 02:01 PM
5 Year Member
Welcome to the forum post up up some pictures when you get the chance.

Old 12-16-2013, 02:16 PM
well here ya go: (warning- long read and may give you a boner depending on how much of a car guy you are...)

Block mods:
i ran an a6 block for the iron main caps (stronger than the z6/y7/y8's) at 75.5mm, srp block guard(a piece to keep the sleeves in place at the 8k rpm i was running), srp 11:1 pistons, eagle h-beams, acl race bearings, arp everything, i notched the block to fit the h-beams, opened up oil and water passages in the block, high volume oil and water pumps, decked the block .015

Head mods:
Y7 head, personally ported the intake and the exhaust ports (polished the exhaust to a near mirror finish), dual valve springs, custom length/oversized valves (hardened of course), new bronze guides/retainers/keepers (went with steel over titanium for durability purposes. ti retainers are lighter, but wont last as long), exospeed race a6 282* at first in my a6 head(great cam by the way) and then went with a regrind from Delta cams at 292*(freaking nasty cam!), shaved the head .040 for a grand theoretical comp ratio of 12.2-12.4:1

Bolt-on's:
crap, where do i begin lol...i'll start from intake filter to tailpipe.
k&n cone filter, 3.5in tubing, 62mm tb, skunk2 pro series intake manifold(i also ported and polished as well as deburred), 24lb/hr injectors, aem fuel rail/fpr, iridium plugs gapped @ .038, heddman 4-2-1 header(still needed some low-mid torque), high flow cat, 2.25in exhaust, turbo flow muffler(it sounded like a 350z, soo smooth)

Transmission:
i swapped out the little and pathetic a000 dx tranny for the much improved B000 si tranny from the si hatch(for the shorter 5th gear). the gearing was much shorter and perfect for my application...which was autocross/road course duty. i used a xtd stage 2 pressure plate w/ an exedy organic plate. great combo by the way, everybody told me i would fry it but never did. I also add the lightest flywheel on the market(at the time) 6.7lb zex flywheel w/ replaceable friction surface. It revved like a crotch rocket. A throttle blip was an idle rev to 4k and back to idle in about 1 second. Just awesome!

Suspension:
i pretty much bought stock in megan racing here lol. Megan racing- lca's, adjustable upper a-arms, camber kit, coilover springs, tokico blue dampers, new bushings thru out. You would think it would ride hard or bouncy but it didn't! It was firm yet smooth. Def not a kidney buster by any means. lowered about 1.5-1.8 all around, it tucked just the tip top of the tire...looked soo good!

Interior/weight savings:
sound deadening materials separated from carpets, no spare/jack, gutted back seat(back rest only as it was a pig and the seat part was very light), 1 racing seat(driver side of course) stock passenger seat, a/c didnt work so i took it all off(even wiring) and the 5 ball from a billiard set for a shift knob lol

Wheels/brakes:
Rota Subzero's white in color 17x7.5 with 215/40's, 2 piece rotors with ebc green stuff pads

Electronics/tuning:
two a-pillar guages(oil press and aem afr), socketed and chipped po6 ecu, i tuned it on crome pro using p30 code(much better than the p28 code), launch control, 2 step rev, cel shift light...i tuned it pretty much using my ass and the wideband guage along with hulog. took it to the dyno and fine tuned it myself again. it layed down 233whp i believe around the 6800-7100 range. Been so long since i talked about it.

Pretty much it...i think?...been so long, i cant remember ALL the little mods too.

But i dont have it anymore. Sold it a few years ago to pay off medical bills from my son's surgeries. It was fun while it lasted...which was about 4 months after completion before i sold it.

Old 12-16-2013, 02:26 PM
And thanks for the warm welcome yall. I see my first mod with this car...the clutch master cylinder! Damn that delay!! lol

Old 12-18-2013, 12:56 AM
[IMG]https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/[/IMG]

My civic i mentioned above. It wont a looker, but damn if it didnt run!

Old 12-18-2013, 01:07 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mightyjoefit
And thanks for the warm welcome yall. I see my first mod with this car...the clutch master cylinder! Damn that delay!! lol
That's on my list too, shit is driving me crazy.