Fit Freak Newbie / FAQs New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted. FAQs will also be answered here.

New 2013 Fit Sport Owner

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2013, 10:18 PM
wub
New 2013 Fit Sport Owner

Hey all,

I've been lurking and reading off and on for a few weeks now. I just got a 2013 Fit Sport in Polished Metal Metallic last Tuesday. My husband and I have had an eye on the Fit for a couple of years now but we tend to drive our car until they're dead so we had to wait... In this case, my husband's 96 Accord was rear ended in a freak May snowstorm so that made the new purchase imminent. He's a sweetheart and is now driving my 99 Toyota Camry Solara while I get the Fit.

Anyway, coming from a loaded Solara, I've gotten used to driving something with a bit more plush. I just ordered the all PVC Clazzio seat covers in black/black/black from Bean Garage after reading about their great service! Our Solara has leather and I really grew to prefer the smooth feel. I also ordered the seat warmers which is something I never had and am quite excited - I live in Minnesota so this is kind of a big deal.

I never really got into modding my car before but I'm a big geek so I'm really quite inspired thanks to this forum. I'm a software engineer by profession (and passion!) and a bit of an electronics hobbyist so the technical stuff doesn't scare me... I'm looking forward to learning from all of you and having fun with the new Fit!

Planned Mods
1. Bought and installed Honda accessories from Amazon (all weather floor mats, cargo liner and cargo cover)
2. Clazzio seat covers and seat warmers (in progress...)
3. Clear bra - hood/bumper protection
4. Window tint (MN only allows 50% - anyone have shop recommendations or photos of how this might look?)
5. DIY lower grille screen protection
6. Rear bumper applique
7. Interior light mods!

I'm also considering a second set of rims with snow tires. I never felt the need driving the Solara but it's a heavier car.

Old 06-05-2013, 11:26 PM
Welcome and congratulations w/ the new 2013 FIT! I just bought the 2013 Sport Fit myself in Alabaster Silver in March and I'm loving it! I'm missing my Subaru but the FIT is a great replacement especially with the MPG's!

I did the DIY mesh grill and also bought some adhesive film to protect the foglights. I also got the Husky floor liners all around and loving it so far. I had also bought the hood/bug shield guard but have not installed it yet. I'm debating if I like the look or not. I had the FIT tinted 35% in the rears & back windows and 50% in the front side windows. I really like the subtle look of the tint. I'll take a photo for you tomorrow. (Edit: Photos below; 50% front side/ 35% back side & rear window).

I know, kind of tacky but I just ordered a I-Vtec/SOHC decal as well destined for the rear doors.

Have fun modding your car!

Name:  IMG_1827.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  50.5 KB
Name:  IMG_1826.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  51.2 KB
Name:  IMG_1825.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  49.0 KB
Name:  IMG_1824.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  47.5 KB
Name:  IMG_1823.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  51.3 KB
Name:  IMG_1822.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  47.2 KB

Originally Posted by wub
Hey all,

I've been lurking and reading off and on for a few weeks now. I just got a 2013 Fit Sport in Polished Metal Metallic last Tuesday. My husband and I have had an eye on the Fit for a couple of years now but we tend to drive our car until they're dead so we had to wait... In this case, my husband's 96IAccord was rear ended in a freak May snowstorm so that made the new purchase imminent. He's a sweetheart and is now driving my 99 Toyota Camry Solara while I get the Fit.

Anyway, coming from a loaded Solara, I've gotten used to driving something with a bit more plush. I just ordered the all PVC Clazzio seat covers in black/black/black from Bean Garage after reading about their great service! Our Solara has leather and I really grew to prefer the smooth feel. I also ordered the seat warmers which is something I never had and am quite excited - I live in Minnesota so this is kind of a big deal.

I never really got into modding my car before but I'm a big geek so I'm really quite inspired thanks to this forum. I'm a software engineer by profession (and passion!) and a bit of an electronics hobbyist so the technical stuff doesn't scare me... I'm looking forward to learning from all of you and having fun with the new Fit!

Planned Mods
1. Bought and installed Honda accessories from Amazon (all weather floor mats, cargo liner and cargo cover)
2. Clazzio seat covers and seat warmers (in progress...)
3. Clear bra - hood/bumper protection
4. Window tint (MN only allows 50% - anyone have shop recommendations or photos of how this might look?)
5. DIY lower grille screen protection
6. Rear bumper applique
7. Interior light mods!

I'm also considering a second set of rims with snow tires. I never felt the need driving the Solara but it's a heavier car.

Last edited by patfit; 06-06-2013 at 02:43 PM.