Fit Freak Newbie / FAQs New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted. FAQs will also be answered here.

Rockin' a 07 Jazz

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2013, 01:58 PM
LM_
Rockin' a 07 Jazz

Hi fit/jazz owners!

I'm Cheng from the Philippines but currently working and living in the UAE. I bought a used honda jazz 2007 1.5 vtec in March that runned for 80km. So I took it to Honda for the 80km major service. The owner said that only the breakpads needed to be changed but I was told by the service advisors in Honda that I need to also change the rotor discs both sides and engine mounting left hand side needs to be changed and also all four tyres since the stock tyres were never changed. I spent these things already and after a month, I was told that my wheel bearings front and back also needs to be changed because its making a humming sound when I'm driving especially at high speed. Since I have discounts on parts and labours because I work for that dealership (different brand, Toyota), I choose to change them in Honda. Now last time I went in Honda, they told me there's also a problem in my transmission and I need to change the whole thing. I feel disappointed that this car has a defective transmission that can't last long (or the last owner rarely changed the cvt fluid). The service advisor told me the price which cost the same or little less than what I paid for to buy the car, he said I should just sell it and buy another one. Wth?! I like this car and having fun driving it. Is there another thing I could resort to except selling my jazz? I sometimes feel vibration when reversing and engine sounds noisy when driving at high speed sometimes, so should I change the transmission? Or change cvt fluid every 20k and do something else instead of buying a new transmission? One technician outside of Honda also told me that the vibration on reverse could be caused by the engine mounting in the right hand side.

I really want to keep this car and I spent a lot already. I have also many plans to make this car look good in the road (not that it doesn't look good already lol).

I've read somewhere here that the coils packs (some or all of them) needs to be changed? I don't think the last owner changed that...

Any tips on making my jazz drive well on the road and smooth at high speed. I drive one hour non-stop high way to get to work. It takes only 1month to get to 5km and do the service, so I've decided to put synthetic oil and do the change oil every 10km. Is this a good idea? I should change spark plugs every 20km and air filter every 40km? Cvt fluid every 20km?

I have many questions. Sorry but I really want to know about car maintenance and good car performance, not only on this car

Thanks!

Old 04-12-2013, 01:55 AM
Banned
CVT's are very sensitive to the fluid used. Be sure to use the VERY LATEST formulation of HONDA only CVT fliud as if was made to cure problems like yours.

Unless there are any other major problems driving your CVT I would just keep driving it after changing to the newest version of the fluid. And I'm pretty sure there is an extended warranty covering this also.

Engine mounts CAN cause a problem like yours but they are easy to check so why don't you crawl underneath and check them.

GD Jazz had a problem with wheel bearings and there is an extended warranty for them your dealer SHOULD have known that and done them under warranty.

Sounds like your dealer is pushing things that don't really be needed to be done. Any other honda dealers there you could try?

Old 04-12-2013, 02:47 AM
LM_
That's the only dealer we have here and I work for the same company. More than 3 years warranty is unheard of, at least in that dealership.

It's just funny of them to never offer to me the idea that there may be an extended warranty on these issues when I work for the same company.

I'm a lady and it's just frustrating to see that labour cost in the service stations would cause too much even with discount and going to some outside garage here in the UAE is doubtful. The simple changing of spark plugs, oil, oil filter and cvt fluid will cause me much. If only I could do it myself, I would have.

Old 04-12-2013, 11:48 PM
Banned
Well the dealer MAY not know about the "extended HIDDEN warranties". Honda doesn't advertize them because if they did then everybody would want their cars fixed and not have to pay for the repairs so they keep them quiet.

It's too bad but ladies seem to get taken advantage of at may car repair places.

Old 04-27-2013, 12:16 PM
LM_
On my next service, I would ask about the extended warranty on the gear. Do you think that the mounting and wheel bearing seems a little too early to be changed in a car that runned for 80km?

The road condition in dubai is excellent compared to my home country and the last owner drove the car mostly nside the city so I don't think that caused these parts to break down.