Fit Freak Newbie / FAQs New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted. FAQs will also be answered here.

First fit forum noob from kentucky

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2013, 10:19 AM
First fit forum noob from kentucky

Hey All,

I've only driven Hondas since I was 19 yrs old, I'm about to turn 35 I just put a deposit on a 2012 Fit sport and will be picking it up next Saturday. I'm psyched and have been looking for one that fit(no pun intended) my criteria for 2 months. These things are a hot commodity!

I picked up a 2012 Fit sport manual in Polished Metal Metallic with 13,850 miles on it. I'm in Lexington KY and had to get this thing out of Charlotte NC. I found this site while looking for an armrest and it appears you guys have alot of solid members and support.

Looking forward to making your E*quaintances.

Cheers,
Josh

P.S. I will post some pics when I get some.

Old 01-28-2013, 10:09 PM
5 Year Member
Welcome to the Forum, look forward to seeing pictures of your ride. The hardest thing to get seems to be a manual transmission.

Old 01-28-2013, 10:25 PM
Originally Posted by cjecpa
Welcome to the Forum, look forward to seeing pictures of your ride. The hardest thing to get seems to be a manual transmission.
Thanks alot! Yeah it took me a minute to find one that met all my criteria(i.e. milage, color, certified, no mods, not sold before I could put down a deposit lol). In the end I just paid a little more and got everything I wanted, and the dealer is flying me in to pick it up!

Old 01-29-2013, 12:32 AM
5 Year Member
Welcome to FitFreak!

Please post pics of your car as soon as you get it. I would also suggest that you make a progress thread of your car so we can see your car's transformation.

Old 01-29-2013, 07:35 AM
5 Year Member
I think the dealers like used Fits since the margins are so low on the new ones and limited supply means used price margin have a better profit. Have fun driving the car back home.

Old 01-29-2013, 10:05 AM
Originally Posted by jmsplitfyre
Welcome to FitFreak!

Please post pics of your car as soon as you get it. I would also suggest that you make a progress thread of your car so we can see your car's transformation.
Thanks for the welcome! I might post pics from the dealer and my trip home but I'm afraid a progress thread may be slow and boring. I made a promise to some friends that want me to go racing with them that I wasn't going to mod the Fit until I got the Civic on the track this year. Plus, I don't want to void my Honda Certified warranty cuz I need to DD the shit outta this thing since I now live 30 miles from my job. So if I do modify it, it will probably be some cosmetic things for about 5 years or so. Or at least that's what I keep telling myself. LOL

I think the dealers like used Fits since the margins are so low on the new ones and limited supply means used price margin have a better profit. Have fun driving the car back home.
Yeah, I've never seen a car that the dealers really won't budge on. I had a few dealers that wouldn't help me anywhere on pricing, shipping, taxes or anything. They pretty much get what they ask for. Plus I was sceptical of "awesome" deals because I knew there were alot of flood damaged vehicles saturating the market and I wanted to avoid northern cars. But persistance(and a bigger loan) paid off!

As for the drive, I just did it last June or July from Concord NC and it should be a blast. I'm interested in milage and handling especially.

Old 01-29-2013, 10:48 AM
5 Year Member
I drove my Fit after one month of ownership from Binghamton NY to Atlanta, GA 1,600 miles round trip. Next trip Dallas in May 2013. Was not bad, initially the AC was a little weak but seem to kick in after I shut it off and on. Dealers do not have to budge with the limited supply and the reviews the car gets from magazines like Consumer Reports on top of that if you want a manual transmission it gets even harder to find one.

Good Luck.

Old 01-29-2013, 10:33 PM
5 Year Member
I know how it feels having another project before the Fit. You gotta do what you gotta do. But I'm telling you, modding is inevitable.

Old 01-30-2013, 03:53 PM
I love my fit! welcome sir!

Old 01-30-2013, 07:05 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Congrads on your new Fit and welcome to the forum.

Old 01-30-2013, 11:15 PM
I drove my Fit after one month of ownership from Binghamton NY to Atlanta, GA 1,600 miles round trip. Next trip Dallas in May 2013. Was not bad, initially the AC was a little weak but seem to kick in after I shut it off and on. Dealers do not have to budge with the limited supply and the reviews the car gets from magazines like Consumer Reports on top of that if you want a manual transmission it gets even harder to find one.

Good Luck.
Thanks and tell me about it. I'm so grateful to have found mine even if it is a 6 hr drive, but that's ok because I needed a road trip!

Originally Posted by jmsplitfyre
I know how it feels having another project before the Fit. You gotta do what you gotta do. But I'm telling you, modding is inevitable.
I will not mod my fit...
I will not mod my fit...
I will not mod my fit...
Atleast til it's out of warranty!

Originally Posted by t.schultz
I love my fit! welcome sir!
Thanks and good talking to ya sir.

Originally Posted by Cat
Congrads on your new Fit and welcome to the forum.
Thank you. I've been cruisin' around the site and it seems you have a great bunch of folks here and I'm glad to be a part!

Old 01-31-2013, 12:03 PM
5 Year Member
The changes I did initially to my Fit is mostly OEM accessories like, (1) sills,(2)visors, and (3) hood and rear bumper protection. I like road trips 6 hours will not be bad I drove to Dallas on Christmas night 24.5 hours straight.

Old 02-04-2013, 10:58 AM
Here she be!

Name:  FF8044FC-CBB0-4AEA-BEA6-B69CAF6C9008-2197-000002B24A51A71A_zps2b73c97d.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  380.5 KB

Old 02-04-2013, 09:21 PM
5 Year Member
Back home or on the road? That color was my second choice on my list behind white ended up with red.

Old 02-05-2013, 08:37 AM
That pic was my first stop on my way home. I had to fuel up on energy drinks and junk food. Yeah I really happy with the color but the salty ride home and the weather here is crap, so it is super dirty right now. I'm trying to be on top of keeping this thing clean. Usually my DD's get no love but they are usually shit boxes too.

Old 02-05-2013, 10:38 AM
5 Year Member
My car is always dirty due to the salt up here they drop a ton with every dusting of snow. Car usually ends up white until I wash it. This is my DD that is why when I look at aftermarket wheels it does make sense to buy anything expensive.

How was your gas mileage? What is the gas prices down there here it is between 3.90 to 4.00 a gallon makes me happy with my choice of vehicle.

Good Luck

Old 02-06-2013, 10:34 AM
My car is always dirty due to the salt up here they drop a ton with every dusting of snow. Car usually ends up white until I wash it. This is my DD that is why when I look at aftermarket wheels it does make sense to buy anything expensive.

How was your gas mileage? What is the gas prices down there here it is between 3.90 to 4.00 a gallon makes me happy with my choice of vehicle.

Good Luck
On the way home from NC I got 33mpg (calculated)which wasn't to bad considering the terrain. I relized I drove the whole way with my defroster on, so I'm sure that didn't help. I drove to work the other day(both highway and city driving) and I got 36mpg(gauge) My guage seems pretty accurate so far. I pretty happy with every aspect of the car so far. Our gas prices are $3.54 today.

I DD mine too so aftermarket wheels aren't huge on my list. I'd rather take something OEM from a different car then go aftermarket. Bent my fair share of rims but never an OEM.

Old 02-06-2013, 07:31 PM
5 Year Member
Your gas is about 40 cents a gallon less then here. My mpg is around 31.5 lately but real cold here so I let the car warm up. I got a few new parts in my garage JDM OEM taillights, Progress RSB and STI lip that I am going to try to install in the spring. Most of my modifications can be removed. Good luck.