Fit Freak Newbie / FAQs New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted. FAQs will also be answered here.

New member from wisconsin/texas

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2012, 09:38 PM
New member from wisconsin/texas

New owner of a 2013 base with a 6 speaker system, window tint, and chrome tip free of charge.

So far so good, only mod is a 2 gauge ground for the battery.

Plans are to install my jvc kw-nt300, and find sets of the alpine spr-60//60c to hook up to my SSL 90rms per channel amp.

Going to also be building a nice box for my oldschool heart stopper/kick-starter Fusion Powerplant FPW-1000 subwoofer. Amp undecided, my pioneer 760watt might not be enough as the sub will be run to 8ohms.

Exterior-wise, no plans til the car is at least 50% paid off. only plans are to upgrade as things wear out. when the tires go, my buddy is gonna sell me his fake enkie RPF1's (rota's) and might step to a 205 or 215 with those.

When the brakes go sour, Im gonna break out the measuring tape and compare my mother's crz brakes to my fit and see if a hybrid solution is possible.

This fit feels cheap in all honesty. My dozens of previous civics/integras/accords/ppreludes all felt like a much higher quality car.

Being reading up on the battery issues, gonna solve that with a kinetic HC600 battery. ebay has them right now for $70 shipped! Might grab 2 and hide them under the rear seats while I come up with something stupid crazy in the distant future!!

I see lots of talented folks on here! Looking forward to meeting you guys, and perhaps in teh summer I can attend a few meets once the ball gets rolling on this car!!

For now, Im keeping an eye out for some sheets of aluminum to make an underbody paneling setup. Visiting wisconsin for the winter holidays has shown the car will pack on hundreds of pounds in snow weight if left unwashed!!

thanks all

-Matt

Old 01-05-2013, 10:53 PM
5 Year Member
Hi Matt and welcome to FF.Hmmm....Nice and heavy sound system on your ride my friend.I install 4 6 1/2" Kenwood 3 way speakers plus one 10" Rockford sub with a 4 channel amp on the rear.This was install to the OEM factory stereo system and it sound loud for me.Yours must sound GREAT!!! When have some time upload some pictures.Here in FF we love pic.Take care,welcome and happy new year Matt....

Old 01-06-2013, 08:23 PM
5 Year Member
Welcome to the forum. I think not until recently subcompacts or mini cars started to improve on the interiors with more models becoming available.

Post some pictures.

Happy New Year.