Fit Freak Newbie / FAQs New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted. FAQs will also be answered here.

New Freak...

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 12:42 PM
New Freak...

Hi everyone,
I am a new owner of a used '07 LX which I pretty much bought on a whim.
I decided last month enough was enough and I needed a commuter car to save on fuel costs. I had narrowed the search down in seconds to the Fit or the Yaris. Within a couple of hours of doing so I had a deal going on a Yaris. I had to go home for some paperwork and to arrange a ride back in the morning. To my favor the salesperson didn't ask for a deposit and another salesperson called me selling a Fit. I slept on whether to go ahead with the Yaris or go see the Fit. In the morning I decided to go see the Fit with my wife. I knew she was sold by the grin on her face when she sat in it, I was pretty much sold when he opened the first door, which was the back hatch!
No regrets so far and looking forward to doing a few mods down the road.
TTYL

Old 12-17-2012, 08:23 PM
5 Year Member
Congratulations and welcome to the forum. Not sure what the LX version, is we only have the base and sport

Old 12-17-2012, 08:35 PM
5 Year Member
Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the forum.

What kind of modifications do you have in mind for your Fit if you don't mind me asking?

Originally Posted by cjecpa
Congratulations and welcome to the forum. Not sure what the LX version, is we only have the base and sport
The Canadian LX is basically our US spec Base. There is a DX in Canada with even less standard equipment just for the record.

Old 12-17-2012, 09:49 PM
5 Year Member
I remember when DX, LX and EX was the different levels in the USA market with the Civic and Accord I don't even know if they still do it today.

Thanks

Old 12-17-2012, 10:12 PM
5 Year Member
They still do in the states, its just in most models the "Base" model be it called a Base or not is essentially a LX.

Old 12-18-2012, 10:45 AM
Yes the LX is pretty much a Base fit. I don't know the difference between the LX and the DX is, but maybe the LX has cruise and A/C?
To confuse everyone a little more, my LX is badged as an SE because the original selling dealer added tinted windows and swapped the 14" steel wheels for aftermarket 205/40/16 tires and wheels.
As for the mods I won't be getting too carried away as I did with my 2000 Civic. I've already added the factory foglights and plan on adding a rear spoiler to the hatch. I would really like to get the lower lips and sides, yeah, I know I should have just found a Sport model!
Also on the list will be Intake, axleback exhaust and header but I plan to be a bit more calculated in choosing those parts.

Old 12-18-2012, 11:06 AM
5 Year Member
The DX has only two speakers for the radio opposed to the LX/Base's 4. The DX also does not have A/C, however the DX-A does. Cruise control might be standard on the LX but I'm not 100% sure on that, it is definitely not on neither the DX or DX-A.

Just for the record, the dealership (or whoever) put the tires on your LX put the wrong size tires (unless an alternate tire size had to be ran due to the specs of the aftermarket wheels). The tire size is actually supposed to be 205/45R16 just for the record.

As for mods, that's not a bad start. Definitely good to wake up that little 1.5L under the hood a little bit. ^.^

Old 12-18-2012, 12:42 PM
5 Year Member
I did not know that you could buy a car without a/c. You use to be able to get the earlier Miatas' without a/c or powersteering or both eliminated.

Old 12-18-2012, 12:55 PM
5 Year Member
Yep... The last Honda that I know of state side you can "delete" or buy without A/C was the S2000 CR model. A/C and a radio was optional.

Old 12-18-2012, 01:11 PM
5 Year Member
You can buy the Canadian market belt to delete the A/C on your Fit.

Old 12-18-2012, 04:16 PM
Originally Posted by Hootie
The DX has only two speakers for the radio opposed to the LX/Base's 4. The DX also does not have A/C, however the DX-A does. Cruise control might be standard on the LX but I'm not 100% sure on that, it is definitely not on neither the DX or DX-A.

Just for the record, the dealership (or whoever) put the tires on your LX put the wrong size tires (unless an alternate tire size had to be ran due to the specs of the aftermarket wheels). The tire size is actually supposed to be 205/45R16 just for the record.

As for mods, that's not a bad start. Definitely good to wake up that little 1.5L under the hood a little bit. ^.^
I have a friend that has an LX of the same year, he doesn't have cruise on his, either it's an option or he's mistaken and has a DX.
Thanks for the heads up about the tires, it's possible the original owner replaced them as they are kind of newer looking. I don't mind them being a little smaller, it'll give me a little more low end torque. I wonder what my actual odometer reading would be?

Old 12-18-2012, 05:39 PM
5 Year Member
Cruise is the one item I can do without even when I drove a automatic never used it. I think back on the Miata it was more for weight reduction when the car had the 1.6l not sure now how much of a reduction you would see on today's cars. I cannot remember the last time I drove a car without power steering.

Last edited by cjecpa; 12-18-2012 at 05:42 PM.