Fit Freak Newbie / FAQs New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted. FAQs will also be answered here.

Hey Guys, new here. 2013, Crystal Black Pearl.

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2012, 08:41 PM
Hey Guys, new here. 2013, Crystal Black Pearl.

Hi all,

I just thought i'd make a post to introduce myself. I just picked up my fit a little under a month ago as my first new car. Previously i was driving a 99 Accord Coupe and before that i had a B18 swapped EF Hatch.

First Pic i have of the car

I probably wont post a lot since I usually post to ask questions when things start to break. I do miss the tuning bug but i don't plan on modifying the Fit until after the warranty is up. Before that the only thing i would consider are cosmetic mods. Using her as my daily driver and thinking about autocrossing next summer if there are any local events.

If i get around to getting some better pics I'll post them up, not that we haven't all already seen a black fit sport.

Old 11-30-2012, 08:49 PM
Actually that is the first black one I've personally seen. I'm guessing it will be close to my blue color in regards to keeping it clean but looks great!

Old 11-30-2012, 09:31 PM
Originally Posted by DaveInWoodland
Actually that is the first black one I've personally seen. I'm guessing it will be close to my blue color in regards to keeping it clean but looks great!
Thanks man!

I'm in PA and it snowed last week... it's SO dirty right now. I need to make a habit of washing it in the winter. I let my old cars go but they really weren't in great shape to begin with.

Old 11-30-2012, 10:51 PM
Welcome

COngrats! You will be pleased. That little workhorse wont dissapoint

Old 12-01-2012, 01:27 AM
5 Year Member
welcome to the site and congrats on the new ride!

Old 12-01-2012, 02:06 AM
Welcome to the site!

Love the Black Crystal Pearl!

Old 12-01-2012, 02:29 AM
June 2007 3rd Place Fit of the Month Winner
5 Year Member
I told myself that I wouldn't mod until after warranty. That shortly changed once I modified one small thing. Then you get bit by the bug.

Old 12-02-2012, 02:03 AM
Originally Posted by pokems23
I told myself that I wouldn't mod until after warranty. That shortly changed once I modified one small thing. Then you get bit by the bug.
There's a few things i have in mind, but nothing huge. I gotta admit that I'm always cruising through the modification forums looking for any cool new parts.

Power Mod's don't really seem to exist and i was reading the bolt on's aren't that great on our car since the ECU just recalibrates for fuel economy so i probably wont waste money there except maybe a cat back or axle back if i decide i want a sportier sound. A few years down the road, if any company comes out with a decent tuning solution for the GE8 I would love to get it boosted, but that's all talk I probably won't have money for that.

I would like a stiffer suspension. It's been a few years since I've driven anything that didn't have aftermarket suspension and the body roll makes me really nervous. It makes me feel like the car is going to roll over if i tried to put it hard in to a corner. I don't want to dump her though because I've done that on previous cars and it really doesn't work in my area. My Accord couldn't go over speed bumps and i had to plan trips around what roads i would actually be able to get to. At one point it was so low that i actually ripped the exhaust off on an un-noticed man hole cover. Low looks cool but I've had my fill until i move somewhere with flat roads like Florida. It seems like the Swift springs are popular around here and people seem to agree that they still maintain daily driveability. I could see myself getting those and a nice strut set up once my OEM set up needs replacing.

What i'm pretty much left with really wanting to do are mostly cosmetic Mod's. I want Tint. I was looking at the JDP carbon duckbill spoiler and the carbon front spoiler. I was also thinking about a taller shift nob if i can find one i like because the stock one feels a little out of reach in fourth and fifth gear. I was also considering a simple Type R style knob or a round Mugen Nob for the looks but i doubt they would help the reach-ability problem. I was also looking at the Mugen Short Shift kit but every website i see it listed on only lists it up until 2012 so i wasn't sure if it fit the 2013 or not. I'd also like nicer seats but i guess if we take our seats out we get stuck with an SRS light so i probably wont do that.

I actually wanted to save up a few grand and buy another EF Hatch to fill the void left from not modifying the fit, but they are getting really hard to find in decent shape.

Last edited by luciusad2004; 12-02-2012 at 02:07 AM.
Old 12-02-2012, 09:57 PM
5 Year Member
Hi and welcome.Enjoy your new toy and have fun driving it.....