Fit Freak Newbie / FAQs New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted. FAQs will also be answered here.

My 2007 FIT LX

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2012, 08:19 PM
My 2007 FIT LX

Well , here it is, my "NEW"2007 FIT LX with 48 000km, she's in realy good shape and taken good care of. Only down point, the water infiltratin in the spare tire boot and the less than poor FM reception.

mod i've done, tinted windows and paint protection in the front.

Mod to come; rear sway bar, drop (eibach pro kit),15 inch wheels, new speakers and some weatertec mats.

Here it is in picture.
Name:  Fit-3.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  98.2 KB

Name:  Fit-2.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  85.5 KB

Name:  Fit-1.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  112.6 KB

excuse my writing, english is not my first language.

Old 11-20-2012, 08:29 PM
Ho yeah, I already have a set of OEM Foglight that i will instal next spring.

Old 11-20-2012, 08:57 PM
5 Year Member
First off, welcome to the forum and congrats on purchasing your Fit.

Secondly, no worries on your writing. Its actually better than some of the posters on here at times. haha

As for the water leaking inside the car, I would visually inspect the rear hatch's rubber gasket for any signs of tearing or cracks as well as look for any trails/traces of where the water could be entering from.

If you cannot find a clear point of entry for the water then I'd recommend drying out the spare tire well and having someone sit in the rear of the car to watch for water enter.

Take a water hose and slowly wet the gap between the roof and the top of the hatch from the center of the car then follow that groove as far to the right/left as that groove goes. If no leak found, do the same slow movement but on the left and right sides of the hatch starting from the top down.

Some other areas to run water across to leak check are the tail light areas, rear hatch glass gasket, and the hatch garnish (the color matched plastic that has a hole for the rear wiper).

Old 11-20-2012, 09:54 PM
Thanks for the tips, I did find a post on that subject and I’m kind of thinking it come from the cracked sealant under the roof track (black rubber strip) the dealer will take a look at that next week. Since I did notice some water there when I bought the car but de sales man told me it must came from the two hole in bottom of the boot (my guess is that the previous owner did those holes to get the water out..) So the dealer will pay to do the fix.