Fit Freak Newbie / FAQs New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted. FAQs will also be answered here.

First car, newbie fit owner

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2012, 05:41 PM
5 Year Member
First car, newbie fit owner

hi everyone my name is jenoh and ive been around in the forum since i bought my Fit 2012 base TW, its kinda embarassing but i admit that i dont know anything about cars since this is my first car. since i dont have friends who know about cars, im hoping to find some friends here that can guide me the right way .

i've been lurking around the forum eversince. trying to learn me some basic stuffs and found me some interesting mods i can set up with my car like plastidipping my airdam, getting some window visors, smoking headlights, getting some JDM tail lights, lowering my car, getting some new set of wheels and tires, and few more others well possibly i forgot LOL .

but i have a few questions with the detailed parts most of them in getting the right wheels and tires for me. im interested in getting me some 16" wheels but i am worried about fender rubbing, not having the same ride, and gas mileage i dont know what tires i can get to have the same exact ride as with the stock. if you could give me some options on what sizes tires/wheels i would really appreciate it.

FYI i already bought T1R s-coils springs as promised to drop at 1.3-1.5"(i think?) and i really dont want to get all flashy with my car i just want it to look out of the ordinary and cool.

Old 08-10-2012, 05:55 PM
Welcome aboard man!
For rims that match your stock ride height use this..... type in what you have now on the left and match it with the sizes on the right with what you want and it will tell you how tall they are. Its a very usefull tool.

Custom rims, wheel tire packages for your ride - RIMSnTIRES.com

Old 08-10-2012, 06:40 PM
Welcome RocketBerger... its ok not to know man your not the only one so ull be ok.
i think T1R lowering springs would be a great start on moding your car and for rims 16s or 17s would be your best choice for size on a GE just dont go lower than +40 offset if you dont want rubbing issues

Old 08-10-2012, 07:10 PM
5 Year Member
thanks guys for the warm welcome, one question though if i lower my car with T1R lowering springs and get 195/45-17x7.5et45 wheels/tires will i experience any rubs or will my ride not be same anymore?

i apologize for bombing you guys question, i really wanted to know more before i get wheels/tires for my Baby.

Old 08-25-2012, 06:51 PM
As long as you stay within the area of I would sayy +40 you should be fine. Anymore and you will rub slightly

Old 09-05-2012, 10:18 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
Depends on tire you choose too. Summer performance tires have wide shoulders. Even if the width is the same on paper, in reality some are super wide. That said, you might want to stick with all season performance tires or accept fender rolling running grippy summers.

If you stick with ET45 and 7inch width, 205 size tires, you will most likely be safe from rubbing.
I think the front rubs before the rears.... GL.

Depending on where the front is rubbing, if on the outer sidewall, camber bolts will definitely help.
Hell, the car needs more camber on the from imho....