Fit Freak Newbie / FAQs New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted. FAQs will also be answered here.

Just drove off with a new (used) '09 Sport M/T

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2012, 01:10 AM
Just drove off with a new (used) '09 Sport M/T

Hi freaks! Thought I'd introduce myself. Today is day one.

Storm Silver, 34K mi.
Certified Pre-owned
$14K and change OTD.

Coming from a 2005 Element EX 4WD, which I loved for its practicality when I was freelancing, but with a 35 mile, stop-and-go, mostly city commute, it was not so practical anymore. In any event, a guy in a minivan, with 3 kids in it, who didn't feel obligated to let me onto the highway, forced me into this decision early when he cut me off (we're talking by maybe 3-4 FEET) and stopped hard while I was doing 50mph. Thanks, a$$hat! Luckily, I walked away with just a nasty airbag burn, and the other car (and everyone in it) was fine. The Element was less lucky. Total loss.

The Fit was one of only a few options for me since I needed a fuel sipper with lots of cargo room to hold my musical gear (I'm a software engineer by day, upright bass player by night). It's a little pokey on the top end compared to the E, but perhaps the crash should be a lesson to me on that subject. Time to start driving a little more conservatively.

Looking forward to hearing all of your tales and tips.

Old 06-19-2012, 08:24 AM
Welcome! I'm sure you will really enjoy this little car and its gas sipping. Any mods you are looking to do?

Old 06-19-2012, 08:40 AM
Thanks!

As much as the Fit is begging for mods, I probably won't do any for lack of time/money/energy. Between the 3 hr commute (altogether), the wife, the kid, the dog, the freelance projects and the band, little is left! Plus I have no garage.

But who knows. Anything is possible. There is a slight chance of an audio upgrade somewhere down the road if the stars align.... the Element EX had a pretty great stereo for what it was, including a beefy sub. It needed it with all the road noise. Hard to part with that. Meanwhile, I'm happy just looking at all the wild stuff other people do to theirs.