Fit Freak Newbie / FAQs New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted. FAQs will also be answered here.

Evo owner considering Fit as second car

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2010, 05:20 PM
5 Year Member
Well if u want a cheap good DD thats good on gas the Fit is the way to go. I use to daily My VIII had over 80k hard driven miles on her with no problems when i lived in San Diego. I also had more than one car. And now i look back and think why did i do that at the time. I owned both of the cars but i wasted alot of money paying them both off i feel like. I did not mean to try and give you advice you did not want. Just me woundering what goes on in peoples heads to make them think the way they do. I see it alot where people will try and get a second car to keep miles down on the first and not have any money in saivings. To me a car is a car now there is more to life to me than a car that gets me from point A to point B. But what are u looking for in a second car that will help you decide what kind of car you need and help all of us give advice. I also like the scion XB even though some may not.

Old 09-06-2010, 12:18 PM
5 Year Member
^ Thanks for the clarification on your original post.

In terms of what I was looking for in a second car, I do a lot of parallel parking into smaller spots because I live in Newport Beach. I can get by with my car, but obviously a smaller car can squeeze into a lot of smaller spaces that are sometimes created if a massive truck ends up parking nearby and eats up into what would've been a good space for a normal-sized car.

I was also looking at the new Toyota/Scion iQ, but those aren't out yet. But again, I'm not going to buy anything anytime soon.

Old 09-08-2010, 11:05 AM
5 Year Member
Man the Fit would be good for you than. I use to get all kinds of good parking spots in down town due to the Fit being so small. Or a smart car there tiny but not my style.

Old 09-08-2010, 07:34 PM
5 Year Member
^ Yeah, I'd rather get the new iQ over a Smart Car if I were going that route. The iQ has more power, better fuel economy and room for an extra person or so (depending on the size of that fourth person).