Fit Freak Newbie / FAQs New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted. FAQs will also be answered here.

hello from sydney australia!

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2010, 02:00 PM
Smile hello from sydney australia!

hii!
i earlier this year i bought a brand new honda jazz! id show u pics but to be honest, im sure you all know what a 2010 jazz/fit looks like in black.

anyways its my first car, im 22 and i never really needed to drive until now, so i got my licence a little late.. its embarrassing i know..

anyways, i was wondering how do i actually go about modifying her?
i already got the darkest legal tint on the windows, and im thinking about tinting the rear tail lights but im sceptical on the legality of it all

also i had a tire blow out a few months back, and it was really expensive to get the same tire because apparently its some strange rare size and i could get a much cheaper set of tires that are more standard in small cars... im using the stock spare tire atm, so the next flat i get i'll have to change the whole set.

well thats all i got..

Old 03-31-2010, 03:28 PM
5 Year Member
You picked a great little car to start out with, most of us that got cars when we were first old enough to drive started out driving crappy old hoopies..... There is a ton of after market companies making all kinds of products so you can find plenty of different routs to choose from to personalize your car or even better improve the way it performs and handles.... My favorite modification is lighter wheels and tires. That is the one thing that is an improvement that affects the ride comfort, handling, acceleration, fuel mileage, and adds longevity to the brakes, drive train, steering and suspension components...... Welcome to fitfreak.

Old 03-31-2010, 04:10 PM
yer, im still a novice driver you see, and the main thing for me is safety - tis why i opted for like a million airbags. Statisticly i will have an accident.. being a male under 25.. so any modifications made need to be like, the highest quality

Old 03-31-2010, 05:46 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
kamakaze? so you call your self a ghey wind?

Old 03-31-2010, 05:57 PM
i changed the i to an a because the short-form of it as kama sounds better than kami

Old 03-31-2010, 07:11 PM
5 Year Member
Just put a O before kama and you're prefect.

Old 03-31-2010, 07:22 PM
5 Year Member
Welcome to FF and congrats on getting your first car!

Old 03-31-2010, 08:14 PM
5 Year Member
Lighter wheels and tire that are a good match for the environment and type of driving you do will improve you chances of avoiding an accident..... Some of the light wheels look very nice as well.

Old 04-05-2010, 03:20 PM
K̛̓̅͑̉ͦ͒̓̃ͪ͒̅҉͈̹͓̮͓̺́å̷͚͇̲̣͓̮̭̅ͮͧͣͮ̅Ṁ͛ͯ̀̃ͧ̈̎҉͏̸̨̗̪ ̟͕̹̺̗̺̥̤̲͉̻̜̣̝a͆̂̓̐̿̒́̋̑͆̔͂̈́̚͢͏̶̩̞̼̤̜̣̫k̡̨̭͕̞̤͙̗̘ ͔͕̣̬͎̯͉̃ͧ̏͒̌̓̅ͨͣ̆ͬͩ̀ͭ͘͢a̮̖̦̤̖̪͇͕͉̲̫̺̦̼͇͉͔͍̙̍̋ͤ̓̄̀ͥ ͥ̔̾ͧͧͪ̽̑̚͢͠͞Ž̨̨̦̞̗̙̫̆̋̌̆̀eͪ̆̔͒̉̾͛ͧͪ̈̋̇͐̌͑̋͏́͏̖̥̺̹̭ ̗̤̟̺͈̪̠͇̫̤̮̱

Old 04-05-2010, 03:43 PM
5 Year Member
okamakaze, i dont think we fully understood what you wrote.

btw, any picts of your new ride?

Old 04-05-2010, 04:35 PM
hm.. i should get some pics..
i haven't really taken any yet

Old 04-05-2010, 08:47 PM

here i took a pic with my phone.. ignore the P.. means im a newbie driver

Old 04-05-2010, 09:01 PM
5 Year Member
Sydney looked like a wild place to drive many years ago when I was there.... Not nearly as many signal lights and stop signs just steady moving traffic... Kings Cross was a cool place to be for a 19 year old Marine Corps combat veteran.... Very few young people there had cars then but it was a great place to walk, look at lovely young women in mini skirts and not have to worry about being killed.

Old 04-05-2010, 09:16 PM
depends where u are i guess, i live pretty far from the CBD.

im sure the cross was a "cool" place for a 19 year old.. wink wink...

Old 04-05-2010, 09:21 PM
5 Year Member
I have heard that the area has become a less desirable place to be than what it was then.

Old 04-05-2010, 09:25 PM
sowed your wild oats ehh? lol wink wink.. few little half Texans running around?

nah i kid i kid.. lol

Old 04-05-2010, 09:41 PM
anyways what should i do to my car?
i want to get new wheels, but i like the ride height as it is, since i scrape the rubber thing under the front all the time already.. ><

ive never modified a car before.. i dunno how to even start :/

i was thinking in like a few months i could get something like this:
CARMATE Honda Jazz 2008-up "COOL-PLASTIC Style" Front Lip - bodykits aero kits spoiler bodykit and much more carbon body kit spoilers

and you know when everyone here says jdm and usdm and stuff.. what does australias version come under? can i use jdm stuff?

Old 04-05-2010, 09:56 PM
5 Year Member
Wink Didn't see that com'n did ya Tex?

Originally Posted by kamakaze
sowed your wild oats ehh? lol wink wink.. few little half Texans running around?

nah i kid i kid.. lol
Your kill'n me Kamakazi, now that's funny
Your okay you just "fit" right in

Welcome

Old 04-05-2010, 10:26 PM
5 Year Member
Tex is right about the handling, stopping and taking off from a stop. The less the rim/tyre combo weighs the better your car will respond! We here seem to like the bigger rims 16,17"ers and the lower profile or side walls at 50 to 45mm. I did not want to buy new rims and lower my car. I've got the kids to spend rim $ on (4 girls) and me bride so 1.5k on wheels won't fly around here, but the wheel spacers did.
So the roads you drive, bumpy or smooth? need to keep the suspension travel? or do ya want to "rice 'er out" by lowering the car? We have alot of pix here of wheels and tires if you see what you like just cut and paste the pic back here and someone will be able to tell ya everything about them.
PS nice front lip mod.

( little 1/2 Texans runnin around the Land From Down Under) LOL ur kill'n me with that 1 Kamakaze!

Last edited by Perrenoud Fit; 04-05-2010 at 10:30 PM.
Old 04-05-2010, 10:28 PM
5 Year Member
I believe that the cars being imported to Australia and most of the Southwestern Pacific are made in either Thailand or Taiwan , damned if I can remember which, but they don't have the extended front and rear like we get stuck with here...You get the real deal J.D.M. style body.... I am with you on the lowering thing but cars do look a lot better lowered.... As far as wheels and tires, I like 15X7 Enkei Racing RPF1 mainly because of how light they are, which is an obsession of mine.... Since you are a new driver maybe a lesser priced heavier wheel would good and there are a lot of really beautiful ones on the market.... You can just check out threads on this and other sites to see what kinds of things are being done to other cars for ideas and very often advice and instructions.... Be careful though, automobile addiction can be worse than hard drugs as far as keeping your pockets empty of cash..... It was funny to me that Aussies really liked Texas and Mexican food back then. I had never met so many people from different countries as I met there and haven't since in as short a time.

Quick Reply: hello from sydney australia!