Fit Freak Newbie / FAQs New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted. FAQs will also be answered here.

New Member and New Jazz Owner

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2005, 02:56 PM
New Member and New Jazz Owner

Hi I'll be picking up my 1.3L Jazz Mon or Tues from the dealer. I drove all the models including the 1.5L CVT and since the more powerful 1.5L M/T won't be available until sometime in October, I decided to go with the 1.3L as it has better economy and traffic is Cebu is pretty bad and consistant, plus I didn't want to wait. The 1.5L does have disc brakes on all 4 wheels, more comfy seats and some other goodies like a more agressive suspension and Goodyear tires that seemed to grip the road better I just drove the CVT but the manual should have gobs of power. I tested the cars in the mountains to get a feel for the power and the 1.5L even with the CVT was incredible for an economy car.
Oh I live in Cebu City, Philippines.

Old 09-06-2005, 02:23 PM
how do you like the car so far?

Old 09-07-2005, 09:04 AM
New Jazz Impressions

I really like it but truthfully being a power fiend I'd go with the 1.5L as the brakes are miles better and the power is so strong. Plus the handling is much crisper, but not available at this time. Also I really need an economy car that gets good economy and I've been very easy on the car yet the needle seems to drop really fast. I'm not worried because I have no idea how much gas the dealership put in it. I would expect it to get progressively better economy as it gets around and over 1000K. I will be putting 20 litres of gas in it and drive it til the light comes on. It might take me a few days to get it down to the light tho.
My suggestion for you is try the 1.3L and the 1.5L if they have both models where you are and see if you really want the power or the economy.
Supposedly the new Suzuki Swift is pretty intense and my friend just got the dealership for Cebu City. I'll drive one in a few days and see how it is but he swears it's much better, so we'll see. I know this, Hondas last a long time and I've owned 5 Suzuki Swifts/Geo Metros in the States and they don't last more than 3-4 years.
Would I buy a Jazz again? Yes, but the 1.5L
I hope that answers your question. :-)
Steve

Old 09-07-2005, 05:42 PM
thanks for the replys.

gas here are so expensive here. i bet the little fit got the best non-hybrid gas mileage car out there.

the car is not here yet so i'll have to wait and see. i'm pretty sure US will carry 1.5 vtec and that will be the one i want.

Old 09-11-2005, 05:40 PM
For what it's worth a friend of mine had a Honda Insight. I drove it part way on a long highway trip, not bad but after you do the math the Jazz i think would come out ahead. Now if they put a diesel in the Insight it would solve it's low torque problems, better economy as well.

The Jazz for my uses really needs the 1.5L I am going to speak to the dealer about upgrading my unit when they become available in October. I just hope I don't have to take too big a loss on this car. I have to drive outside the city enough that the lack of power is disconcerting. The 1.5L would solve all those problems for me. For certain the US will get the 1.5L in order to compete with the new Suzuki Swift 1.5L. I will be driving a Suzuki this week and compare the 2 cars.