Fit Freak Newbie / FAQs New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted. FAQs will also be answered here.

what's up ff?!

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2008, 12:38 AM
what's up ff?!

hey my name is jer, or if you prefer, slip. i'm 19, a homeowner, and going to college for a bachelor's in applied sciences in business management.

unfortunately, on wednesday april 16, my house burned down, and so did my beloved civic. luckily, i have hoi, and work with the best - statefarm. my insurance policy is the best offered, so i'm covered. unfortunately, my car is insured with the worst policy (liability ftl) so i'm ****ed on that part. here's a link for pics and a description.
Honda-Tech.com: General Discussion and Debate: my whole life just changed. (pic extensive! 56k gtfo)

coincidentally, that same exact day i purchased a fit (will be in around second week of may straight from japan ftw), but am now locked down in a 60mo/$285 contract ftl. anyway, i've been around here for a few weeks doing research. today i took the time to register and introduce myself. here are some plans for the fit....

vbp (mt) fit (acc. include navi, blue trim, cargo cover, door sill, etc)
progress rear sway (any suggestion for what mm?)
pro-c coilovers @ 8kf/7kr rates
zeta dead pedal
zeta center console

obviously this is all in speculation, but money definitely isn't an issue.

and no, i'm not a snobby teenager who gets all their money from their parents. my mom died when i was 12 and my dad died when i was 13. that's a bitch huh. i've been working since the day i turned 16, and now make 14.50/hr as a supervisor (not that impressive, but hey, i'm only 19 ) for a local company. i work 37-45 hour weeks and also go to school full time. on top of that, i made the smartest move in my life and invested in toyota back in '05 when shares were ~53.22/share and sold a majority of them in '07 when it was ~121.77/share. i purchased a great amount of shares, but at 16 how could one have that much money? marginal account ftw.

anyway, i dont want to get into my personal life too much. we're all here for the same reason: we love the fit. i've never driven one but just had the craving to buy one so i did.

if there's a general info site about the fit's suspension and how everything works etc please link me to the page. i read that the fit has a torsion beam style in the rear, and have no idea wtf that means. i'm not a nub to cars, and the fit is a whole new field, so i'd love to learn as much as possible before working on it, so if there's anything else i need to know, or can read about, i'm open to learning so please help

anyway. i'm jer. please call me slip. i hope to get to know you guys and i plan on being around for a while !

Old 04-26-2008, 01:11 AM
RDS
First off, you're 19 and had your own house. Sorry to hear it burned down but while being 19 and having your own house sounds impressive, I'm more impressive by the fact that you write unlike any 19 year old I've ever known....with intelligence. lol

Don't sound like you've had an easy time with everything you have going on, but I admire your optimism. I'm a business owner and have gone through some really rough times getting where I am now. So your story is inspiring to me.

Anyway, welcome to ff

Old 04-26-2008, 01:27 AM
thanks rds! i didn't know what kind of responses to expect here because on honda-tech, people would normally flame for such a story. :P writing with intelligence??? not so much. i'm not even using proper capitalization.. spelling, grammar, and punctuation is correct as far as i know, but no capitalizing because my pinky is *** and won't press the shift button at this time of night

thanks again for the welcome! glad to see your business is working out for you!

slip

Old 04-26-2008, 01:43 AM
Retired Moderator
Welcome to FF.net!

Tyler

Old 04-26-2008, 11:02 AM
5 Year Member
sorry to hear about your house bro. DAM you own your own house! thats pretty badass. i was thinking about buying a house last year, but in san diego for some reason all the houses are F-wording expensive. so if i ever decide to buy a house it would have to be in another state unfortunately.

but on that note, welcome to fitfreak.net. hope everything works out for you man.

Old 04-26-2008, 01:16 PM
thanks guys!
right now i'm in a town house and will be going back to my real house in 1 year - when it's habitable again. renovating is going to take forever =[