Fit Freak Newbie / FAQs New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted. FAQs will also be answered here.

Another new Fit owner!

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 10:37 AM
Smile Another new Fit owner!

Hello everyone. I brought home my new Fit Sport MT in Blackberry Pearl Sunday night! Her name is Violet. This is my very first new car, so I'm really excited. My husband has a '99 Accord coupe, so we are very excited about the cargo space. He doesn’t know how to drive a standard so I said I’d teach him, but now I’m thinking I might just want to keep her to myself for a while!

I actually had my heart set on a Mini Cooper, but I decided to test drive the Fit too because it got good reviews in Consumer Reports. Even though I adore the look of the Mini, I really didn’t enjoy driving it. I found the controls to be really counter-intuitive and I felt really uncomfortable in it. I felt great in the Fit on the other hand, so that is what I went with, even though it killed me a little bit. But I think I made the right decision! Financially the Fit is much more appealing as well.

I’m looking forward to learning more about this car from all you seasoned Fit owners!

Old 03-04-2008, 12:06 PM
Retired Moderator
Awesome. Congratz on the new car!
Welcome to FitFreak!

Tyler

Old 03-04-2008, 03:57 PM
Congrats and Welcome
Great choice of color btw, not too many of those around.

Being a classic mini freak I really was thinking of finally just getting the new mini to satisfy some of my cravings...but in the end I could not justify it considering how much more versatile the Fit was for my needs and how close they were to each other in the fun factor. No big deal though, as its that classic mini that will be the compliment to my Fit.

Old 03-04-2008, 05:04 PM
The good thing about being less-than-thrilled with driving the Mini is that I no longer sigh wistfully when I see one go by. If they ever improve the dash/controls I will give it another chance, but the current setup is really annoying to me. You can't really beat a Honda for ease of driving!

I waited six weeks to get a MT Fit in that color (I was originally told two), but after looking around here I guess that isn't all that unreasonable.

Old 03-04-2008, 05:35 PM
Welcome Moomily I considered the blackberry because I love purple, but I didn't want a dark color.
We have a friend in R.I. that has a mini and she takes it to the track all the time. Riding with her from the airport I was convinced she always thinks she's at the track!!

Old 03-04-2008, 05:54 PM
Welcome. I also considered the Mini before the Fit,but I thought the last mini copper had better line's and more personality.The Fit is also alot more reliable then the copper(I've owned 4 Honda's no real problem's)and has much better gas mileage,which will come into play on people's wallet this summer.If you have any other question's we will be glad to help you.

Old 03-04-2008, 06:48 PM
5 Year Member
Welcome, enjoy your Fit(I know I am)!

Old 03-04-2008, 10:13 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Congrads and welcome to the Fit Family - post some pictures of your car when you can. I think you'll be happier with the Fit - and you picked a great color choice!

Cat :x