Fit Freak Newbie / FAQs New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted. FAQs will also be answered here.

Weirdness?!?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2008, 11:56 AM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by manxman
jd:

Good post. Thanks for not jumping on the "kill claymore" bandwagon, or dissing anyone else.

No, Tyler didn't hurt his engine. Yes, you can rev a 2-stroke engine higher and longer without damage, for the reason that its lubrication is carried in the fuel mix, and all parts are made with better balance, better bearings, and more precision tolerances. The balanced and blueprinted engines in all forms of auto racing also have much higher precision and strength in their components. But the people who build those engines know what treatment they can take without damage. The drivers of Honda Fits do not know any of this about their own engines, EXCEPT for the very few (1? 2?) members who have actually built their own Fit engine. And my bet is that those people do not needlessly rev their hand-built engine. All machines have limits, beyond which they will all break.

I publicly apologize to Tyler for appearing to attack him- my words were not intended that way. It did not occur to me that discussing his age and lack of experience would embarrass him, since he has discussed those personal details in his own posts. But I can be as big a dumba** as anyone else- I am human too, therefor I make mistakes. Hurting Tyler was an unintentional mistake, and again Tyler I apologize.

The following is not aimed at Tyler. To Whom It May Concern, or as the old saying goes: "If the foo shits--".

The people who hide behind a false persona that they have created on the Internet, in order to claim knowledge and experience that they do not actually have, will sooner or later make the false claims as obvious as a neon sign by their own words.
Thank you Dave for the apologie. I really appreciate that man.
And i do apologize for any thing i may have done that was somewhat out of hand.
Like JD said, i just wanted to know if i hurt my engine. Nothing more.
From all this i learned something. Dont make threads about revving engines lol.

Tyler

Old 03-01-2008, 11:59 AM
Originally Posted by TOOL
Thank you Dave for the apologie. I really appreciate that man.
And i do apologize for any thing i may have done that was somewhat out of hand.
Like JD said, i just wanted to know if i hurt my engine. Nothing more.
From all this i learned something. Dont make threada about revving engines lol.

Tyler
Nice... Well i guess its time for a group hug then. Sorry i couldnt help myself.

"Edit" Sorry for typing JC i didnt even realize it came out. I hope that that didnt upset any religious individuals. I didnt mean it in a bad way even though i typed it. My bad everyone. I will edit it so that it is less offensive.

Last edited by jdjohnson9; 03-01-2008 at 12:06 PM. Reason: apologizing for my prior post.
Old 03-01-2008, 12:15 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by jdjohnson9
Nice... Well i guess its time for a group hug then. Sorry i couldnt help myself.

"Edit" Sorry for typing JC i didnt even realize it came out. I hope that that didnt upset any religious individuals. I didnt mean it in a bad way even though i typed it. My bad everyone. I will edit it so that it is less offensive.
jd,
Damn right!!!! I was highly incensed by your callous disregard for religious sanctity. Shame, shame, and be gone with your blasphemy!

"May you smother in the smegma of ten thousand camels" ( a classic, real, Soudi curse).

Old 03-01-2008, 01:11 PM
Originally Posted by manxman
jd,
Damn right!!!! I was highly incensed by your callous disregard for religious sanctity. Shame, shame, and be gone with your blasphemy!

"May you smother in the smegma of ten thousand camels" ( a classic, real, Soudi curse).
Wow i had to get a dictionary to figure out that one. haha. Im just a simple bullet sponge remember

Old 03-01-2008, 01:53 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by jdjohnson9
Wow i had to get a dictionary to figure out that one. haha. Im just a simple bullet sponge remember
You are a man of discernment. I figured that you had a dictionary and could both recognize a joke, and take it in good fun.

Old 03-01-2008, 07:09 PM
5 Year Member
Talking

Oki, I have read this thread a few times and want to tell that just for fun I wanted to test it on my own car a few month back. Yes, I have paid it with my own money and I dont want to ruin it (yet).

I have a Jazz 1.4LS CVT, and wanted to see if the CVT was able to "burn som rubber". But since I dont have a clutch pedal, I did not know how to rev the engine and then suddenly get it in gear.

First I thought of Park and slam it in to D, but I then have to go pass R. And I also experienced a rev limiter when in P.
So then I tried N, no rev limiter there except for red line...
So I tried to slam it into D from N, and off I went with spinning and whining wheels!!
YIHAAAA!!!

It was so funny because I have never thought the 83hp car with a CVT tranny ever would be able to do that!!

It probably ruins my tranny if I do this more, so I will never try it again. I have not noticed anything after the test. It still works perfectly. Probably taken a few month away from the life of the tranny, but what the heck, it is MY car

Old 03-01-2008, 08:33 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by F0NIX
Oki, I have read this thread a few times and want to tell that just for fun I wanted to test it on my own car a few month back. Yes, I have paid it with my own money and I dont want to ruin it (yet).

I have a Jazz 1.4LS CVT, and wanted to see if the CVT was able to "burn som rubber". But since I dont have a clutch pedal, I did not know how to rev the engine and then suddenly get it in gear.

First I thought of Park and slam it in to D, but I then have to go pass R. And I also experienced a rev limiter when in P.
So then I tried N, no rev limiter there except for red line...
So I tried to slam it into D from N, and off I went with spinning and whining wheels!!
YIHAAAA!!!

It was so funny because I have never thought the 83hp car with a CVT tranny ever would be able to do that!!

It probably ruins my tranny if I do this more, so I will never try it again. I have not noticed anything after the test. It still works perfectly. Probably taken a few month away from the life of the tranny, but what the heck, it is MY car
Hey FONIX! Vikings- REPRESENT!!

Nice to hear from you again! NO! Don't do it again!! NEVER!!
Since you are not a black, inner city American, you probably won't understand the first line, but it was not an insult (I have to be careful in this thread remember). It was actually humorous!

Yanks- Canucks- imagine Richard Pryor doing stand-up in Norway. If he weren't already dead, he'd kill himself.

Old 03-05-2008, 01:35 AM
5 Year Member
LOVE that IGNORANT PIc..

Originally Posted by claymore
More ignorance showing. On the Jazz/fit you CAN engauge Vtec in neautral. You just have to be showing some vehicle speed on the VSS. Like rolling in neautral (even 5 mph) and then rev it presto VTEC.

Loven this thread.

Yo mama!!! Another IGNORANT post...

Last edited by bluecivic107; 03-05-2008 at 05:51 PM.
Old 04-07-2008, 09:30 PM
5 Year Member
Smile oh jeez.....

this thread is soo off topic. it would be very helpful to everyone who reads this "thread" if an intelligent, respectful, and KNOWLEDGABLE person could kindly explain exactly WHY.
why is it that when you rev your motor without load that it causes damage? AND FOR THE LOVE NOOOOOOO SARCASMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!
thanks guys.

Old 04-07-2008, 10:00 PM
5 Year Member
Rev Limiter. 'nuff said. Does that on most, if not all, AT cars. It did the same thing on my previous car, an '06 Civic.

Old 04-07-2008, 10:25 PM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by cojaro
Rev Limiter. 'nuff said. Does that on most, if not all, AT cars. It did the same thing on my previous car, an '06 Civic.
Thanks for the simple staright foward answer. If we could have go that earlier we would have been 3 less pages of nonsense lol.

Tyler

Old 04-07-2008, 10:28 PM
Yes but it was fun and i lol'd everytime i entered the thread. haha. Glad you finally got your answer Tyler. To bad it took so long.