Fit Freak Newbie / FAQs New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted. FAQs will also be answered here.

Weirdness?!?

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2008, 07:12 PM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by JDMchris.com

lets take a deep breath guys!
*Takes a deep breath*
Thanks bro.

Tyler

Old 02-29-2008, 07:14 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
The rev limit is normal. Or so Ive on other cars. Its a safety thing Im sure. In cause the car jumps out of gear or something. Its like a 2-step. My friends RSX-S has it, I used it as an advantage at the track.

It also prevents doing neutral to drive burnouts. I really think thats what its for, and preventing redline hits. In case people kick it out of gear, and while flooring the gas they drop it in drive. Less strain being at a lower rpm than redline.

As for revving in park and neutral, I dont think its as bad as everyones saying. Of course its not good but doing it here and there isnt going to shorten the life of the engine.

Originally Posted by Manxman
If you go to ANY drag strip, race track, even motorcycle racing events-- walk around before the race. If you are lucky enough to have a pit pass at any of these events-------- LISTEN HARD. NO ONE is revving anything at or even near red line. There is absolutely no advantage to the racer to just make noise, and only excessive wear and accidental breakage will be the result. When it is YOUR signature on the car payment check out of your own checking account, that your job generates the deposits to make those payments, you will have a better appreciation of the value of proper operation of machinery. Sooner or later, acting like a "big shot" to impress your friends is going to cost you some serious money. But that's okay- it happens to everybody.

If you ever get professional training in any form of machinery repair or design, you will be horrified at your own behavior and-- guess what?-- ignorance.

At the age of 16, I owned a '55 Chevy wagon with a '68 Buick Roadmaster V-8 and 3 speed trans. A schoolmate that I didn't even like asked if I could burn rubber with it, and I said "sure- watch!". Then I watched as my drive shaft went rolling down the street when the trans. output yoke and differential U-joint sheared right off when I popped the clutch. I never showed off like that again.
I know the motors are completely different, but being that you said you would find NO BODY revving in the staging lanes isnt entirely true.

Rotary engines. Thats how theyre tuned; tuned by revving the motors. When revving the cars, if they rev clean with no bogs or choking it means the tune is good.
Ive also heard plenty of bike owners revving at the track.

Old 02-29-2008, 07:30 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Mx6GT89
The rev limit is normal. Or so Ive on other cars. Its a safety thing Im sure. In cause the car jumps out of gear or something. Its like a 2-step. My friends RSX-S has it, I used it as an advantage at the track.

It also prevents doing neutral to drive burnouts. I really think thats what its for, and preventing redline hits. In case people kick it out of gear, and while flooring the gas they drop it in drive. Less strain being at a lower rpm than redline.

As for revving in park and neutral, I dont think its as bad as everyones saying. Of course its not good but doing it here and there isnt going to shorten the life of the engine.

I know the motors are completely different, but being that you said you would find NO BODY revving in the staging lanes isnt entirely true.

Rotary engines. Thats how theyre tuned; tuned by revving the motors. When revving the cars, if they rev clean with no bogs or choking it means the tune is good.
Ive also heard plenty of bike owners revving at the track.
But nobody revs to the limit repeatedly just to impress people. THAT is the main point behind my posts, and is not meant to insult anyone. I told one of my own "how to break your machine through dumbass stunts" to illustrate that you can either learn through your mistakes (maybe get a Darwin Award as a result) or learn through education, and then improve on the education by adding experience, and after that YOU WILL STILL MAKE MISTAKES.

No one here is STUPID. EVERYONE here is ignorant. I am less ignorant than Tyler because of education, experience, and not winning a Darwin Award for any of my thousands of mistakes. I do, however, have 11 healed bone fractures, and I sure do remember THOSE lessons clearly.

Old 02-29-2008, 07:30 PM
5 Year Member
did you guys know that on teh B series and D series VTEC engines, you can't go into VTEC with it in neutral? also, VTEC won't engage if the engine is cold. just ways HONDA made safeguards against ignorant people

Old 02-29-2008, 08:03 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by manxman
But nobody revs to the limit repeatedly just to impress people. THAT is the main point behind my posts, and is not meant to insult anyone. I told one of my own "how to break your machine through dumbass stunts" to illustrate that you can either learn through your mistakes (maybe get a Darwin Award as a result) or learn through education, and then improve on the education by adding experience, and after that YOU WILL STILL MAKE MISTAKES.

No one here is STUPID. EVERYONE here is ignorant. I am less ignorant than Tyler because of education, experience, and not winning a Darwin Award for any of my thousands of mistakes. I do, however, have 11 healed bone fractures, and I sure do remember THOSE lessons clearly.
I guess thats true. He said he did it, so what? Because of this post and mainly what you have said he wont do it ever again Im sure.
And theres a lot of people that rev countless times for no apparent reason. Yes its stupid but nothing is going to stop them from doing it. Even if their motor falls apart. They wont believe that revving caused the problem.

People always ask me to rev my Mx-6. I RARELY do it. Theres nothing to hear. I purposely have a quiet exhaust and BOV. I didnt want to hear them all the time.

Originally Posted by solbrothers
did you guys know that on teh B series and D series VTEC engines, you can't go into VTEC with it in neutral? also, VTEC won't engage if the engine is cold. just ways HONDA made safeguards against ignorant people
Not sure, but doesnt having a chipped ECU remove this feature? Because at the track Hondas and what not are always pushed throughout the staging lanes. If theyre cold during running that would cause poor 1/4 miles times right? (Could explain some of their times. Hahhha!)

Im saying this because a friend of mine had a modded 99 Si. She pushed it through the lanes her first 2 runs. Ran horrible 15.5's. The last run she let it run the whole time with the hood open. Clipped a 14.7.

Old 02-29-2008, 08:10 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Mx6GT89
Not sure, but doesnt having a chipped ECU remove this feature? Because at the track Hondas and what not are always pushed throughout the staging lanes. If theyre cold during running that would cause poor 1/4 miles times right? (Could explain some of their times. Hahhha!)

Im saying this because a friend of mine had a modded 99 Si. She pushed it through the lanes her first 2 runs. Ran horrible 15.5's. The last run she let it run the whole time with the hood open. Clipped a 14.7.
ive never heard of people pushing their car through staging. although, fox mustangs often "ice" their intake plenum before runs. they literally place a bag of ice on the aluminum intake plenum before a run to get that cold air. a similar idea to the mugen (or spoon, i can't remember) "head-to-intake manifold gasket" that you can buy for most engines. doing this "icing" of the intake has proven to produce up to or more than 20 WHP. but, then again, dyno graphs and dyno numbers lie.

a cold engine is not the best for performance. a hot engine is not good for performance. but a warmed up engine is good.

Old 02-29-2008, 08:24 PM
Banned
MX6-

I'm happy to see that one of the mods actually has some mechanical tech. background. I confess to having absolutely no talent for communicating with immature people who take themselves too seriously and pretend to have education and experience that they do not have. I only challenge their posts, and have the "appearance" of attacking them, to prevent their ignorance from luring other noobs into following them into the same mistakes. Again, no attack on Tyler.

I do sincerely, and with malice, attack in self defense, those who can only resort to name calling (none of that yet in this thread) when they cannot argue against me with scientific and accepted engineering fact.

Old 02-29-2008, 08:25 PM
Retired Moderator
MX6-

I'm happy to see that one of the mods actually has some mechanical tech. background. I confess to having absolutely no talent for communicating with immature people who take themselves too seriously and pretend to have education and experience that they do not have. I only challenge their posts, and have the "appearance" of attacking them, to prevent their ignorance from luring other noobs into following them into the same mistakes. Again, no attack on Tyler.

I do sincerely, and with malice, attack in self defense, those who can only resort to name calling (none of that yet in this thread) when they cannot argue against me with scientific and accepted engineering fact.
Please explain how that isnt an attack on me. Ill listen.

Tyler

Old 02-29-2008, 08:30 PM
5 Year Member
LOL!!!!!!!!11

internet: serious business

Old 02-29-2008, 08:36 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by TOOL
Please explain how that isnt an attack on me. Ill listen.

Tyler
Tyler,
We know each other. You have a habit of misunderstanding me. Remember all the b.s. on ncff? If you want to pursue this, take it to PM's. My posts don't just apply to you. If they did, they would be PM's. Snap Fit keeps trying to horn in, and a lot of my comments are also meant for him. Either PM me or give it a rest.

Old 02-29-2008, 11:02 PM
Eh...do whatever you want. Just make sure your car doesn't break down when you need it most. There's always K20 swaps in the future when the engine goes away and you have enough money to cover it... That's why I say "Do whatever you want" as long as it doesn't land you in deep trouble. It's your money/decision/risk for you to decide. And there's no real sense of being rude to those who abuse their cars, just make sure you don't buy that car off them when they try to resale it. It's nice to know that people on the forum warn each other about hazards, but then there's some people that won't listen. I say just tell them and let them decide for themselves if they want to listen. And if they don't, it's their problem if their car breaks down.

At least Tyler didn't do something completely stupid like rev up to 5K and then accidently REVERSE into his cousin. I think that's way I would be yelling at him...

Old 02-29-2008, 11:13 PM
hmmmm....*stretches fingers*

WOW!!!!

I just looked through the link that solbrothers provided earlier, wow!
That seems mostly mean spirited.
I am so happy this is the only online community that I subscribe to.

moving on from that
manxman- here are some more colors for you!
r u going to be ok?

So congrats to being the first and only person to say something outrightrude to me on this forum. I expected it sooner or later and mostly from people who act like you. So thanks for being so predictable.

You seem to make a point of being hypocritical in many of your posts.
so lets here it! Why?
1)Is it that you dont actually have a clue what is comming out of your mouth/fingers? I highly doubt it as you seem relatively bright.
2)Is it that you just get pleasure out of antagonizing others?
3)Is it that you get bored of posting helpful post, and feel the need to change things up a bit?
4)Is it that you just want to force people into saying something that you feel comfortable arguing?
5)Is it that you want to show people by example how not to act?
6)Is it that you enjoy people posting/quoting your hipocrisy?
7)Is it that you want me to post this so you can try and say something pseudo intellectual and say that you dont listen to "immature people who take themselves too seriously". Look in the mirror buddy!
8)Or is it that you just have a fetish with your usage of the word "ignorant"and need to make your quota?

What do you have to gain from being RUDE???
Knock it off show your age!(what ever that supposedly is) It is unappreciated and dissliked by many.

I would much rather be "Forums Buffoon" than The "Forums ANTAGONIST"
I have seen you actually make good posts, usefull ones, even some funny ones. So whats wrong with that....why not continue?

Old 02-29-2008, 11:22 PM
Banned
Thanks for the colors. I am sure that you will recover from my rudeness.

Old 03-01-2008, 12:50 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by solbrothers
More ignorance showing. On the Jazz/fit you CAN engauge Vtec in neautral. You just have to be showing some vehicle speed on the VSS. Like rolling in neautral (even 5 mph) and then rev it presto VTEC.

Loven this thread.

Old 03-01-2008, 02:07 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by claymore
More ignorance showing. On the Jazz/fit you CAN engauge Vtec in neautral. You just have to be showing some vehicle speed on the VSS. Like rolling in neautral (even 5 mph) and then rev it presto VTEC.

Loven this thread.

nowhere in my post did i talk about the honda fit's L series engine. that's why i specifically posted B series and D series VTEC engine

Old 03-01-2008, 02:33 AM
Banned
Same thing with them you just have to be getting a reading on the VSS.

Old 03-01-2008, 10:23 AM
"Dang" how about everyone take a f*CKin pill. This was a simple thread until everyone made it complicated. The question from Tyler is easy. Did he mess anything up. Yes or no would be just fine. He says that he doesnt do it all that often. So lets believe him on that. Thats it. A yes or no answer. If you guys want to argue take it somewhere else. Enough people have been banned( no offense Claymore) this month and no more should over a silly gripe. This is a simple buddy buddy type forum so lets keep it that way. Everyone act your age and lets continue like adults and people trying to help people instead of getting out of hand.

Yes this is to everyone not just one or two people. Mods not mods we are all here for the same thing. "takes a deep breath" Sorry if i upset anyone but enough sillyness and lets get back onto topic.

Last edited by jdjohnson9; 03-01-2008 at 12:09 PM. Reason: I used a bad name. JC is not what i should have said. My bad guys. Sorry
Old 03-01-2008, 10:53 AM
5 Year Member
Wow. This is one interesting thread.
Anyways, I still think it's like a safety feature. Like the people who rev up in neutral and start to peel out that way.(kinda lame I think, tears up the tranny)

Old 03-01-2008, 11:41 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by jdjohnson9
Jesus christ how about everyone take a f*CKin pill. This was a simple thread until everyone made it complicated. The question from Tyler is easy. Did he mess anything up. Yes or no would be just fine. He says that he doesnt do it all that often. So lets believe him on that. Thats it. A yes or no answer. If you guys want to argue take it somewhere else. Enough people have been banned( no offense Claymore) this month and no more should over a silly gripe. This is a simple buddy buddy type forum so lets keep it that way. Everyone act your age and lets continue like adults and people trying to help people instead of getting out of hand.

Yes this is to everyone not just one or two people. Mods not mods we are all here for the same thing. "takes a deep breath" Sorry if i upset anyone but for christ sake enough sillyness and lets get back onto topic.
jd:

Good post. Thanks for not jumping on the "kill claymore" bandwagon, or dissing anyone else.

No, Tyler didn't hurt his engine. Yes, you can rev a 2-stroke engine higher and longer without damage, for the reason that its lubrication is carried in the fuel mix, and all parts are made with better balance, better bearings, and more precision tolerances. The balanced and blueprinted engines in all forms of auto racing also have much higher precision and strength in their components. But the people who build those engines know what treatment they can take without damage. The drivers of Honda Fits do not know any of this about their own engines, EXCEPT for the very few (1? 2?) members who have actually built their own Fit engine. And my bet is that those people do not needlessly rev their hand-built engine. All machines have limits, beyond which they will all break.

I publicly apologize to Tyler for appearing to attack him- my words were not intended that way. It did not occur to me that discussing his age and lack of experience would embarrass him, since he has discussed those personal details in his own posts. But I can be as big a dumba** as anyone else- I am human too, therefor I make mistakes. Hurting Tyler was an unintentional mistake, and again Tyler I apologize.

The following is not aimed at Tyler. To Whom It May Concern, or as the old saying goes: "If the foo shits--".

The people who hide behind a false persona that they have created on the Internet, in order to claim knowledge and experience that they do not actually have, will sooner or later make the false claims as obvious as a neon sign by their own words.

Old 03-01-2008, 11:55 AM
Manxman

I gave you a rep for being the bigger man and doing what you thought was right and apologizing for your actions. It takes nuts to do that on a public forum. Im not in nor do i want to get into this altercation so dont take this as me trying to mediate but just wanted to say this out loud.

Back to the subject. Tyler i think its safe to say that what occured was just a limiter set in place by Honda and everything should be just fine. If you are really feeling like its something else then maybe change your oil to be on the safe side but imo you should be aj squared away.

jd:

Good post. Thanks for not jumping on the "kill claymore" bandwagon, or dissing anyone else.

No, Tyler didn't hurt his engine. Yes, you can rev a 2-stroke engine higher and longer without damage, for the reason that its lubrication is carried in the fuel mix, and all parts are made with better balance, better bearings, and more precision tolerances. The balanced and blueprinted engines in all forms of auto racing also have much higher precision and strength in their components. But the people who build those engines know what treatment they can take without damage. The drivers of Honda Fits do not know any of this about their own engines, EXCEPT for the very few (1? 2?) members who have actually built their own Fit engine. And my bet is that those people do not needlessly rev their hand-built engine. All machines have limits, beyond which they will all break.

I publicly apologize to Tyler for appearing to attack him- my words were not intended that way. It did not occur to me that discussing his age and lack of experience would embarrass him, since he has discussed those personal details in his own posts. But I can be as big a dumba** as anyone else- I am human too, therefor I make mistakes. Hurting Tyler was an unintentional mistake, and again Tyler I apologize.

The following is not aimed at Tyler. To Whom It May Concern, or as the old saying goes: "If the foo shits--".

The people who hide behind a false persona that they have created on the Internet, in order to claim knowledge and experience that they do not actually have, will sooner or later make the false claims as obvious as a neon sign by their own words.

Quick Reply: Weirdness?!?