Fit Freak Newbie / FAQs New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted. FAQs will also be answered here.

Weirdness?!?

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2008, 12:56 PM
Banned
Have it you way Tyler. Your real education will begin when you pay the bills yourself.

Old 02-29-2008, 01:28 PM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by manxman
Have it you way Tyler. Your real education will begin when you pay the bills yourself.
Haha ok..

YouTube - James Stewart
Do you hear all the revving going on in the air??
While in the air revving actually effects your pitch and when learning how to jump a motorcylce the highly encourage you to rev with clutch in while in the air to help flaten your pitch.

Tyler

Last edited by TOOL; 02-29-2008 at 01:33 PM.
Old 02-29-2008, 03:49 PM
Wow sorry to hear about your old ride! Manxman....ugh!

So true that bad things can happen with little to no notice, Yikes! I like the times when there is a tiny bit of a heads up from machinery before it gives up the ghost

I dont think anyone here lives to just rev the engine though. I also dont think there is any good reason other than ridiculously obscure ones to constantly rev an engine while under no load.

BTW how easy is it just to say that something is not a good idea and/or to just give reasons for it rather than personal attacks ?(for lack of a better term at the moment)

And since I am relatively new to this online community thingy, I have not quite figured out why people type in ways that would rarely reflect how you would actually represent yourself to someone in person.

Maybe people feel protected or safe to say things of the slightly less savory tone because they are not doing it in person online. Idunno...

and example would be how people treat each other when they are in their cars.

Last edited by Snap Fit; 02-29-2008 at 03:50 PM. Reason: forgot that ever so helpful question mark...ahaahaahaa
Old 02-29-2008, 04:05 PM
Retired Moderator
Tyler-

If you go to ANY drag strip, race track, even motorcycle racing events-- walk around before the race. If you are lucky enough to have a pit pass at any of these events-------- LISTEN HARD. NO ONE is revving anything at or even near red line. There is absolutely no advantage to the racer to just make noise, and only excessive wear and accidental breakage will be the result. When it is YOUR signature on the car payment check out of your own checking account, that your job generates the deposits to make those payments, you will have a better appreciation of the value of proper operation of machinery. Sooner or later, acting like a "big shot" to impress your friends is going to cost you some serious money. But that's okay- it happens to everybody.

If you ever get professional training in any form of machinery repair or design, you will be horrified at your own behavior and-- guess what?-- ignorance.

At the age of 16, I owned a '55 Chevy wagon with a '64 Buick Roadmaster V-8 and 3 speed trans. A schoolmate that I didn't even like asked if I could burn rubber with it, and I said "sure- watch!". Then I watched as my drive shaft went rolling down the street when the trans. output yoke and differential U-joint sheared right off when I popped the clutch. I never showed off like that again.
Snap Fit-Are you talking about this post^
I dont really listen when he says things that are kinda saying im "Ingnorant"..
I dont think he means it? I got pissed a few times, and to be honest that post i qouted pissed me off a bit..Just becasue hes kinda saying i dont give a shit because im not paying for the car yet and its my parents my money that i dont give a shit about. Hes very wrong..But like i said i try to ignore..

Tyler

Old 02-29-2008, 04:11 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Snap Fit
Wow sorry to hear about your old ride! Manxman....ugh!

So true that bad things can happen with little to no notice, Yikes! I like the times when there is a tiny bit of a heads up from machinery before it gives up the ghost

I dont think anyone here lives to just rev the engine though. I also dont think there is any good reason other than ridiculously obscure ones to constantly rev an engine while under no load.

BTW how easy is it just to say that something is not a good idea and/or to just give reasons for it rather than personal attacks ?(for lack of a better term at the moment)

And since I am relatively new to this online community thingy, I have not quite figured out why people type in ways that would rarely reflect how you would actually represent yourself to someone in person.

Maybe people feel protected or safe to say things of the slightly less savory tone because they are not doing it in person online. Idunno...

and example would be how people treat each other when they are in their cars.
I was not aware that anyone was personally attacked in this thread. I know Tyler personally and consider him a friend. To the best of my knowledge, Tyler still doesn't have a driver's license, so if I were in the habit of personally attacking him, his dad may have issues with me when he drives both of them to our local meets. Do I worry? Not a bit.

Tyler knows that he needs education- just look at the title of this particular forum. I am happy to give him some.

Old 02-29-2008, 04:15 PM
Retired Moderator
I was not aware that anyone was personally attacked in this thread. I know Tyler personally and consider him a friend. To the best of my knowledge, Tyler still doesn't have a driver's license, so if I were in the habit of personally attacking him, his dad may have issues with me when he drives both of them to our local meets. Do I worry? Not a bit.

Tyler knows that he needs education- just look at the title of this particular forum. I am happy to give him some.
When you say im ignorant and that i dont care about my parents money it hits a nerv...And yes i would consider that a personall attack which IS against the rules...
Whatever though, i dont think you mean for it to sound the way it sounds..
Dont worry about my dad getting mad..Im the only one getting mad here..

Tyler

Old 02-29-2008, 04:18 PM
Originally Posted by TOOL
Snap Fit-Are you talking about this post^
Tyler
not necessarily in particular

Old 02-29-2008, 04:21 PM
Banned
This is my last post here, like solbrothers, I give up. Once again, EVERYONE is ignorant. You can argue about that fact, but it does not change the fact, and your argument simply reinforces the original statement.

What in any of my posts here did I say that was untrue? Do you make the car payments? When you do, you will consider your actions with it more carefully than you do now.

As I said, I give up- have better things to do.

Old 02-29-2008, 04:28 PM
Retired Moderator
This is my last post here, like solbrothers, I give up. Once again, EVERYONE is ignorant. You can argue about that fact, but it does not change the fact, and your argument simply reinforces the original statement.

What in any of my posts here did I say that was untrue? Do you make the car payments? When you do, you will consider your actions with it more carefully than you do now.

As I said, I give up- have better things to do.
Is it really necassary for you to mention those things on a PUBLIC forum??
Yeah, ok go do your better things, instead of trying to cover up the RUDENESS of your first post..
And if you really consider me a "friend", you dont treat your "friends" with much respect.

Tyler

Last edited by TOOL; 02-29-2008 at 04:32 PM.
Old 02-29-2008, 04:29 PM

Oh Im sorry people I meant Antagonize, I hope that helps .
I am truly sorry I posted all that in the same post as most of it deserves to be just in general.

There is education and there is help.
there is officious and there is providing information,
there is semantics and there is simple clarification

about the age thing....
oh geez i keep forgetting to care

Old 02-29-2008, 06:38 PM
5 Year Member
Tyler, don't listen to Dave. "don't believe everything you hear on the internet".
/sarcasm.

really though tyler, im not here to sway people into hurting their cars. i treat people on this forum like family. wehn i post, i will tell you when im not sure of something.

Old 02-29-2008, 06:50 PM
Banned
Snap Fit:

In case this went over your head, "solbrothers" is agreeing with me, and neither one of us is "attacking" TOOL. But feel free to continue with your hectoring, and I look forward to your next lesson. SOMEBODY has to fill the role of "Forums Buffoon" and I vote for you. Please keep posting in all the pretty colors.

Yes, I lied before, it wasn't my last post on the thread.

Old 02-29-2008, 06:52 PM
5 Year Member
HEY!!! you got it all wrong dave!! you're agreeing with ME!!!! :P :P

Old 02-29-2008, 06:53 PM
Banned
Yep, you are right Matt.

Old 02-29-2008, 06:54 PM
5 Year Member
:group hug:

Old 02-29-2008, 06:55 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by solbrothers
:group hug:
Careful- getting off topic here!

Old 02-29-2008, 06:58 PM
Retired Moderator
Ok..Originally i was not asking "Does revving hurt engines".
Solbrothers, Manxman, i dont think you two understand what i originally posted about. Go read it again if you have to. Im not that noob to think that revving is a good thing, ok?
Getting personal only makes things worse, i dont know if you understand that(not saying any names). If i came t o you and posted to you how you post to me, you wouldnt feel all that great about it either. I have a brain inside my head. Yeah im young, but im not stupid...Ok? Im not intrested in getting lectured on this forum.

Tyler

Old 02-29-2008, 07:00 PM
5 Year Member
:runs and hides:

Old 02-29-2008, 07:02 PM
Retired Moderator
This thread is lame..It needs to get locked and trashed..

Old 02-29-2008, 07:04 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member

lets take a deep breath guys!

Quick Reply: Weirdness?!?