Fit Freak Newbie / FAQs New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted. FAQs will also be answered here.

New Fit owner

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 11:37 AM
New Fit owner

Hi everyone, I'm (relatively) new to the site and have had my Fit Sport MT for about a month and a half. It is my first brand new car, and I love it. I was without a vehicle for about a year and a half prior to getting it, the car before that was a Civic Hatchback. Just wanted to say hello to everyone and hope that you guys love your fit as much as I love mine.

Old 01-24-2008, 11:39 AM
Retired Moderator
Congratz on the new ride! Happy to hear your loving it!
Welcome to FitFreak.

Tyler

Old 01-24-2008, 03:42 PM
WELCOME AND CONGRATS!!!
This site rocks! ENJOY!

Old 01-24-2008, 09:46 PM
Avid FitFreak Poster
5 Year Member
Sup bro!!! Welcome, this site is off the chizaine. hhahahahahahaha Enjoy your fit XP

Old 01-25-2008, 08:57 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FractalJackal
hope that you guys love your fit as much as I love mine.
man, i really do love mine! like seriously! it's even my damn username! lol!

Old 01-26-2008, 11:27 PM
5 Year Member
More than half a year into owning ours, my wife and I are both very happy with our Fit Sport (MT BOM if anyone cares). It was an excellent purchase and continues to satisfy. Glad you like yours as well.

Old 01-27-2008, 01:45 AM
We just got our Fit Sport AT today! Had 4 adults in the car to go to dinner and no lag at all! Very impressed. Can't believe the cargo and passenger capacity for the overall size. Why does anyone by anything else in this segment???

Old 01-27-2008, 02:28 AM
Originally Posted by Perihelion
We just got our Fit Sport AT today! Had 4 adults in the car to go to dinner and no lag at all! Very impressed. Can't believe the cargo and passenger capacity for the overall size. Why does anyone by anything else in this segment???
CONGRATS!!!
WELCOME the FitFreak...
I am more of an aphelion kinda guy...atleast thats how I feel...(well only for a portion of the year....HAHAHAAaa...

I dont want to hijack theFractalJackal's thread...

Old 01-27-2008, 10:54 AM
Talk about apehelion, its -35 C with the windchill today up here. We get to snow test our Fit for the first time.

Old 01-27-2008, 11:46 AM
5 Year Member
Grats guys and Welcome To Fit Freak! Hope you guys are enjoying your cars as much as i am xD

Old 01-27-2008, 12:27 PM
5 Year Member
Well, as to why people buy others in the segment (as I see the "segment" - I don't really know how they are classified by auto pros) but there are options with better gas mileage (e.g. Prius) or a higher perceived level of refinement (e.g. Rabbit) or they want to "buy American" (whatever that means these days). I think the Fit is an first-rate car, and hope we get to see generations of refinement in its design. We are certainly happy with the one we have.

Speaking of buying American, this Christmas I rented a "compact" while visiting family and got a Dodge Caliber. I hated it and couldn't wait to get back to my Fit. It's like the designers tried to make a compact feel (drive like, handle like, look like) an SUV. It wasn't very compact, didn't yield good gas mileage, was in my opinion kinda ugly, handled poorly (like a boat - actually, it reminded me most of the "Indiana Jones" ride at Disneyland) and smacked of cheapness - no power mirrors (since when do rental companies choose cars without power mirrors?) and, unbelievably, manual locks all around. My wife laughed and kept wondering if we were in the 1980's again. Why anyone would choose a Caliber over a Fit is a mystery to me. I guess the SUVishness makes them feel "safer." I'm sure someone - perhaps even someone reading this board - has traded their Fit for a Caliber and is glad to have made the change, but I don't get it.

Old 01-27-2008, 07:17 PM
Well, made the trip down from Edmonton, Alberta to Calgary, Alberta this afternoon. Blowing snow, whiteout conditions, -35 C weather (with the windchill).

Here's the summary.

1. Great traction in the loose snow on factory all season bridgestones.
2. Great visibility due to lots of large windows.
3. ABS is very capable, even on black ice with high speed cross wind.
4. Didn't buffet too much despite lots of cross wind and tall stature.
5. Even at this temperature, it only took about $14 of fuel to make the trip down from the far north side of Edmonton to the deep south of Calgary.

Very impressed!

Old 01-27-2008, 07:27 PM
Smile

Great choice of CAR!!

Old 01-28-2008, 10:00 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone, and I don't mind a good thread jack.
Great to hear the fit performs well in the snow, I have a feeling I will get a chance to find out pretty soon here near the Nations Capitol. I also can't imagine why anyone would buy another car in this segment, the fit has it all, mileage, style, performance, even comfort. See you in the threads!