Fit Freak Newbie / FAQs New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted. FAQs will also be answered here.

Hi, I'm TRYING to buy an '08 Fit Sport a/t

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 01:44 AM
Hi, I'm TRYING to buy an '08 Fit Sport a/t

Hey everyone I'm JJ. Right now I drive a 2004 Dodge SRT-4, but I don't like it anymore. There's nothing wrong with the car, it's just that I don't care about speed/racing anymore. Also, the car is expensive to insure, gets relatively poor gas mileage, and can only use 93 octane gas. I want the Fit b/c I want something economical nowadays.

I'm from the St. Louis area and I've been trying to find a Fit Sport a/t for a while now. I was looking at '07s, but now that the '08s are out I hear that they have a TPMS standard, so I want the '08. My problem is that we have about 8 or 9 Honda dealers around this city, but none of them ever have Fits. All the dealers tell me that Honda just simply does not produce enough of them for the American market to meet demand. The dealers say that when they do get one on their lots that people will get into bidding wars with each other over one. They said the best thing to do is to put a deposit down and order one, but that takes up to 8 weeks, so I guess that's what I'll have to end up doing, so wish me luck. I either want one in Storm Silver or the new Tidewater Blue.

Why doesn't Honda produce more of these things for our market? One dealer told me they only produced about 60,000 to be sold in the US in 2007. It seems like Honda could sell about three times that amount easily. All the dealers have tried to steer me toward Civics which they have in abundant amounts on thier lots, but I prefer the Fit b/c I like the 5-door hatch body style & the Civic is no longer made in hatch form. Anyway, I look forward to getting to know you all here.

Old 09-06-2007, 02:11 PM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by J2THEJ
Hey everyone I'm JJ. Right now I drive a 2004 Dodge SRT-4, but I don't like it anymore. There's nothing wrong with the car, it's just that I don't care about speed/racing anymore. Also, the car is expensive to insure, gets relatively poor gas mileage, and can only use 93 octane gas. I want the Fit b/c I want something economical nowadays.

I'm from the St. Louis area and I've been trying to find a Fit Sport a/t for a while now. I was looking at '07s, but now that the '08s are out I hear that they have a TPMS standard, so I want the '08. My problem is that we have about 8 or 9 Honda dealers around this city, but none of them ever have Fits. All the dealers tell me that Honda just simply does not produce enough of them for the American market to meet demand. The dealers say that when they do get one on their lots that people will get into bidding wars with each other over one. They said the best thing to do is to put a deposit down and order one, but that takes up to 8 weeks, so I guess that's what I'll have to end up doing, so wish me luck. I either want one in Storm Silver or the new Tidewater Blue.

Why doesn't Honda produce more of these things for our market? One dealer told me they only produced about 60,000 to be sold in the US in 2007. It seems like Honda could sell about three times that amount easily. All the dealers have tried to steer me toward Civics which they have in abundant amounts on thier lots, but I prefer the Fit b/c I like the 5-door hatch body style & the Civic is no longer made in hatch form. Anyway, I look forward to getting to know you all here.
Hey dude hope you find a Fit soon! If you have to order one thats not bad either cause then you get exactly what you want!In 09 the Fit is coming out with a full redesign due to the fact that they cant make enough of this model to deal with the U.S market, at least that what i heard. So Honda is doing something to fix the lack of Fits in the U.S..Im just hoping that the 09 isnt to ugly and that it doesnt loose all of its quality due to higher production rates. Anyway i think your making the right decision by going with the 08! Good Luck, and keep us posted!

Old 09-06-2007, 08:30 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Welcome to the Forum. You'll find this helpful while your waiting for your car to be delivered. Decide what you want and call your local Honda Dealers and see if they can locate the Fit you desire from anyone in or out of state. Most dealerships will be happy to help you out. The 2008 may not be out for a while but they will well be worth the wait. No much changes from the 2007 except for the tire monitors and some new color choices.

Hope you get your car soon - your going to love it.

Cat :x

Old 09-07-2007, 08:40 AM
5 Year Member
Talking Like-Wise

I also ordered my Millano Red Fit sport m/t. It was built August 13th. Hopefully i'll receive it at the end of september. Can't wait to start modding and posting.