Fit Freak Newbie / FAQs New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted. FAQs will also be answered here.

A New Fit is Go!

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2007, 11:29 AM
A New Fit is Go!

I wanted to take a second and introduce myself as I am a brand new Fit Owner. Last week I picked up a brand new 5 speed Sport Fit in the Storm Silver Matallic color. I must say that I love the car so far. I test drove several other cars in the price range but I kept coming back the the Fit. The Fit really impressed me with the features that you get and the overall build quality for the price.

The Fit will be serving as my daily driver as well as my weekend racer. This year I started participating in my local Dallas SCCA club. As I am just a rookie, I am competing in the Novice class this season. I had run my old Mazda Protoge5 int the NHS class with very decent results for my first times. With the Fit, I will be stepping right back into the NHS class that I am already familiar with.

So far I am very impressed with the handling of the Fit. It is surprisingly nimble for a "budget" car. It easily handles as well, if not better, than my old Zoom-Zoom Mazda. The lower torque, compared to my old car, seems to be noticeable as it does not pull out of a low speed corner with as much grunt as I'm used to. Hopefully the lighter weight and agility of the Fit should allow me to maintain higher speeds. I am also curious to see how well I can make the rear end swing around a tight corner with the proper tire pressures.

The next Dallas SCCA event is July 15th. I can't wait to go. If anyone has some Fit auto crossing advice, I'd love to hear it.

Old 06-30-2007, 03:11 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Welcome to the Fit Family! The Silver is a pretty car and doen't show the dirt like the other colors - my last two vehicles were both Silver so this Fit I am driving is a real difference (Milano Red) ! Post some pictures when you can and are you planning any mods? Let us know when you go to your first race and how it ran against the others. We have a similar car club in our city and I would like to get involved with that. Sounds like fun!

Cat :x

Old 06-30-2007, 04:15 PM
5 Year Member
welcome! hope you enjoy the family here

Old 07-04-2007, 07:56 PM
welcome to the club, silver is definitely nice and always a solid choice. great choice of vehicles and you cant beat Honda reliability and never mind the resale value down the road. enjoy !!!

Old 07-20-2007, 05:40 PM
Well I took the Fit to the auto cross last Sunday and I have to say that it exceeded my expectations. I rolled into the track with a tick under 1500 miles on the odometer. I was surprised how much attention the car received through out the day. People with much nicer, and more expensive, cars were interested in seeing how it would run. It was apparently the first time that a Fit has been at a Dallas SCCA event and they seemed to have high expectations.

The course was pretty easy that day but the challenge was trying to get used to the car while attempting to get a good time. I found the car was very well balanced, had an impressive amount of grip, and really inspires a lot of confidence around the corners. The engine really impressed me too. I was able to keep enough speed through the corners to keep the RPMs up and the engine in its sweet spot. I was really able to move through the course - even the tighter sections. I like the short length of the car as well. The cones in the slalom have never felt so far apart.

Unfortunately I never had a clean run. I managed to kill 1 cone every time due to getting comfortable in the car and pushing a LITTLE too hard. In spite of that I still managed a 3rd place for the day out of 37 others in my class. I consider that pretty good for having a two second cone penalty added to my time. All-in-all I am pretty happy with the day. I look forward to getting more seat time in the future. I think a lot of others were impressed by our great mini pocket rocket!