Fit Freak Newbie / FAQs New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted. FAQs will also be answered here.

Got my SSM Sport Manual Fit

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 06:23 PM
5 Year Member
Post Got my SSM Sport Manual Fit

Officially belong to the Fit-Freak.net Now..
picked up my SSM Sport Manual last monday....

Drove it home and found out that the Dealer didn't prepped it well.. the detailer put some scratches on the window sills(under the triangle window, driver window, rear driver window) I believe it's from wax applicator..
I was gonna b*tch but I am too lazy to do that because that means I have to drive the car back to the dealer (30 miles one way)

NEXT TIME.. I don't want any prep done. just take the car off the truck and slap in the inspection sticker, let me drive it and wax it myself.. LOL..

Anyway... after breaking in the Fit.. I rate my satisfaction of the Fit as an 8 out of 10.

This is purely based on my own judgment and preference.. so it doesn't apply to everyone.

My basis for comparison is compared to my previous purchases of Honda/Acura (Fit is my 9th Honda)..

my complaints:
- It is quite sluggish and not as nimble.. I just think it's a bit too tall..(109 HP and OEM suspension doesn't help either.. )
- Engine wise.. I wish the RPM goes to at least 7300 RPM.. cut off at 6500 is too short..
- Shifting to 5th is not distinct compared to older Honda models.. (I thought I shift back to 3, but it's indeed 5).. this needs to get used to..
- Drive by wire.. I thought this supposed to make MORE responsive throttle but so far I feel it's not the case..(could be my imagination)
- Too much nose-diving during hard braking..(again, suspension)
- Driver seat is not supportive around the lower back.. I feel kinda sucked into the seat around that area..
- AC setting at 1 is almost wind-less..

my kudos:
- my Test during some slalom is fun, so this car has some potential! (but the body leans too much with OEM suspension, making me scared)..
- Door is closing with a good THUMP instead of "prakkkkk" sound.
- Quiet cabin, oh.. finally one of my Honda is quiet!!
- Though with Drum at the back, the brake is good (for street at least)
- Steering turning ratio is probably the shortest among all my other Hondas.

The Fit at 8/10 is not bad at all.. I rate my 1992 Integra GS as a 7/10 because of lack of VTEC, annoying auto seat-belt, etc..
but I rate my 1994 Civic SI hatchback as 9/10 because it's nimble, got SOHC VTEC, and not that much of nose diving during hard braking.

My best purchase so far is still my 2000 Integra Type R...
Aside from the noise.. the steering response, braking ability, power, handling, etc.. everything is just so precise and it's fun to drive.

I guess I'm just a purist...

I know I shouldn't compare the Fit to Integra (let alone a Type R).. but I can't help it. haha..
(besides, Spoon like Honda Fit so there must be something going on with the Fit)

Overall my SSM Sport Fit is a good purchase..
I hope to save a little $ on gas but probably not that much since my daily driver 94 SI still got 33MPG average.. (I want the FIT to get 40MPG)

Mods are coming soon.. and the first is gonna be the GREATEST suspension available for the FIT..

Old 06-21-2007, 08:12 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Welcome to the Fit Family! Sorry about the swirls - I made the dealership promise that there would be no swirls and they detailed my car to perfection. It looked great! Yes, I had to get use to the little stall in the Fit when you are not giving it gas! The brakes are different too. My first import - but I am truly in love with this car. It is so nice to drive - once I got use to the little things that make it special - it was no problem. The pros out weigh any cons when it comes to the Fit.

Cat :x