Fit Freak Newbie / FAQs New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted. FAQs will also be answered here.

New Member, checking in....

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 01:34 PM
New Member, checking in....

I just wanted to say "hi" and thank you all for such a great board. It is really nice to read all the posts and hear about your experiences. I hope to be able to contribute frequently.

I bought my Fit last July and I am still as happy as I can be today. My husband bought a Civic the week before mine and I was jealous because I felt like I wasn't going to drive it much. It is a stick and I prefer an AT. He told me that if I could get my own car for less than $300 a month then I should start shopping (sweetheart). I had seen the brochure for the Fit when we were shopping for his Civic but the dealer said they were rare and they did not have one to look at. I looked at a Yaris (cheap, no power and uglier than they look in the commercial). I was determined to find a Fit so I could see it up close. After calling numerous dealers I found one! They told me that it was not available to sell because it was damaged in transit but I asked if I could just come see it. We drove 50 miles and when the salesman walked us out to the back lot I could see it waaaaay in the back and I was smitten right away with the color (BOM). It was still covered with the shipping gunk and plastic and the damage was minor (front bumper broke loose). The salesman finally let us sit in it to get an idea about space. I begged him to let me drive it, just around the lot. He agreed and we all piled in (3 adults and two kids) and off we went. I was absolutely in love.

I asked him "what will it take to get me into this car today?"

2 days later I was driving my "Penny" home. I actually thought the color looked like a shiny new penny, hence her name.

This winter was brutal here in Denver, tons of snow, so I drove my 4X4 truck most days. I was nervous about all the snow and ice on the streets. I worried that the low clearance could result in damage. She was garaged alot all winter. I only have 2500 miles on it so far. The weather is much better now and all I want to do is drive, I feel a road trip coming on....

I will get some photos up soon and I will check in with you all often. Are there any other Denver Fit owners out there? Give me a shout...

Thanks again,

I am Heather and my Fit is GO!
(Honda needs a better slogan, IMHO)

Old 10-05-2007, 02:22 PM
Ritzbury
I'm in denver. Often seen in littleton and denver west area/arvada

Old 10-05-2007, 02:34 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
welcome to the site! Have fun and if you have any questions ask away!

Old 10-08-2007, 02:52 PM
Retired Moderator
Sweet, have fun with the Fit!