Fit Freak Newbie / FAQs New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted. FAQs will also be answered here.

Upgrading a Base to Sport?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2007 | 03:17 PM
Originally Posted by WhatFreshHell
Link to after market Cruise control -> Honda Fit 2007

WOW!!!!!!! thanks

Old 04-06-2007 | 11:56 AM
|
Welp - I put down a hold deposit on an orange sport 5MT that is supposed to arrive in 4 weeks, so hopefully all this base model upgrading pain won't be necessary.

Old 04-11-2007 | 02:11 PM
Pain? Thats one of the things that makes owning a Fit fun. The fact that there are endless combinations you can do with a base Fit. My reasoning for not getting a Sport is because I wanted to buy a car I could modify. Sure I'm spending more money in the long run but it will be modified the way I want it instead of how Honda wanted it(aka Sport model).

But alas people buy Fit's for many different reasons. Most being gas mileage and practicality. If you don't have any plans of modifying the exterior, then I guess a Sport would be better in your case.

Old 04-11-2007 | 02:59 PM
Originally Posted by jay_cee_in_da_house
Welp - I put down a hold deposit on an orange sport 5MT that is supposed to arrive in 4 weeks, so hopefully all this base model upgrading pain won't be necessary.
good luck i know guys that still did not get there fit yet some going on 15 weeks were i am in n.j there one AT Sport model there and thay want $21.000.99 it list for $15.600.99

Old 04-11-2007 | 04:27 PM
|
Originally Posted by FatFit
Pain? Thats one of the things that makes owning a Fit fun. The fact that there are endless combinations you can do with a base Fit. My reasoning for not getting a Sport is because I wanted to buy a car I could modify. Sure I'm spending more money in the long run but it will be modified the way I want it instead of how Honda wanted it(aka Sport model).

But alas people buy Fit's for many different reasons. Most being gas mileage and practicality. If you don't have any plans of modifying the exterior, then I guess a Sport would be better in your case.
I hear ya...

Yea, I'm not much of a modder. Just looking for a good practical car for hauling my woodwork and gets great gas mileage...and happens to have alloy wheels (my one exterior weakness).

I ended up with a silver sport 5MT, which I've been driving for a couple of days and really enjoying.

Cheers - J

Old 04-11-2007 | 05:07 PM
|
Originally Posted by gamemaster
good luck i know guys that still did not get there fit yet some going on 15 weeks were i am in n.j there one AT Sport model there and thay want $21.000.99 it list for $15.600.99
That's insane. I definitely saw some markup in San Diego, but nothing like that. I had a hold on an Orange sport 5MT for $500 over MSRP, but then a couple of days ago another dealer's internet department called me and said they had just gotten a Silver sport 5MT that they would sell me for MSRP (plus $100 wheel locks, but whatever). I was all over it like a cheap suit.

Old 04-11-2007 | 05:14 PM
good luck with your new fit

Old 04-16-2007 | 08:16 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by CB19
You can drive the 5AT Sport model either manual (in M all the time) like any other standard vehicle (the only difference is the location of the shifter, from the traditional location to the steering wheel), automatic (in D all the time) or mixed by switching btwn manual (M) and automatic (D)... so, if are in love with MT you will forget about the automatic mode (D) and always drive the 5AT in the standard mode only... 5AT is MT, AT and MT/AT all in one, letting the driver to decide how to operate the vehicle and this is for me very very
Chris
Does your Fit have a third pedal? .... No? Well then it is not a MT. The paddle shifters may be neat, but they are no substitute for a real MT.

Old 04-16-2007 | 09:38 PM
Originally Posted by LegendLover
Does your Fit have a third pedal? .... No? Well then it is not a MT. The paddle shifters may be neat, but they are no substitute for a real MT.
I HATE MT, no MT in my life since I left Europe, so who the hell said that 5AT Sport is an MT??? MT is a vehicle with clutch, there is no clutch with any AT vehicle, but this 5AT Sport can be driven like an AT, MT (with the paddle shifters in M YOU change gears anytime you want) or AT and MT (my way, upshifting is done with the + paddle shifter, 1 to 2, 2 to 3, 3 to 4 and 4 to 5, so I do not let the regular AT do its own routine, I always keep the rpm bellow the 3K so I burn less gas, but because I'm still in D d/shifting is done by the regular AT)... OK now?
10 years I was forced to drive MT only, freaking Europe is a closed chapter in my life, do you think I crossed the Ocean to still "dream" of Europe?
Chris
Edit: MT=European way, AT=American way

Last edited by CB19; 04-16-2007 at 09:40 PM.
Old 04-17-2007 | 04:18 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by CB19
I HATE MT, no MT in my life since I left Europe, so who the hell said that 5AT Sport is an MT??? MT is a vehicle with clutch, there is no clutch with any AT vehicle, but this 5AT Sport can be driven like an AT, MT (with the paddle shifters in M YOU change gears anytime you want) or AT and MT (my way, upshifting is done with the + paddle shifter, 1 to 2, 2 to 3, 3 to 4 and 4 to 5, so I do not let the regular AT do its own routine, I always keep the rpm bellow the 3K so I burn less gas, but because I'm still in D d/shifting is done by the regular AT)... OK now?
10 years I was forced to drive MT only, freaking Europe is a closed chapter in my life, do you think I crossed the Ocean to still "dream" of Europe?
Chris
Edit: MT=European way, AT=American way
I'm sorry that I was offensive towards you in my original post. My point was that, for those of us who do like to drive MT cars, there isn't a replacement for that. I am fully aware of how the automatic transmission in the sport works and that it is a great alternative for people like yourself who don't want to hassle with a MT, but who would still like to have more control over their vehicle than a conventional automatic transmission would provide. Again, I am sorry for my original post and for the fact that I must've touched on a nerve somewhere.

Last edited by Craiggers; 04-17-2007 at 08:22 PM.
Old 04-17-2007 | 07:54 PM
Originally Posted by LegendLover
I'm sorry that I was so offensive to you in my original post. My point was that, for those of us who do liketo drive MT cars, there isn't a replacement for that. I am fully aware of how the automatic transmission in the sport works and that it is a great alternative for people like yourself who don't want to hassle with a MT, but who would still like to have more control over their vehicle than a conventional automatic transmission would provide. Again, I am sorry for my original post and for the fact that I must've touched on a nerve somewhere.
Don't worry my friend, nothing happened, the only thing is that I'm a redneck and with rednecks, you know... anything is possible don't worry, we're buddies now, but really, I LOVE driving with paddle shifters, it's something unique, very helpful especially for upshifting, very neat as well... plus I love how the Sport body look like, bottom line I LOVE this little car, enjoy it very much...
How is life in the Peach Tree State? I've been to Atlanta in 09/03 and Savannah couple of times, very nice... but Charleston, SC is my favorite Southern place!
Take care now,
Chris

Last edited by CB19; 04-17-2007 at 07:57 PM.
Old 04-17-2007 | 08:29 PM
5 Year Member
Life is good in Georgia. My grandparents live in SC and we've been to Charlestown a few times, it's a nice town, but boy do you have to watch out for the bad drivers in SC! Next year is my senior year in high school and after that I plan on attending college at either the University of Georgia or Georgia Tech. Looking at getting a Fit next year; this summer is going to be hell in my Legend without AC. Glad there are no hard feelings.

Later!