Fit Freak Newbie / FAQs New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted. FAQs will also be answered here.

Hello and possibly goodbye for now

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2023, 01:26 PM
Hello and possibly goodbye for now

Hi everyone!

I am a 22-year-old who has been driving my family's 2008 Honda Fit Sport (w/ manual transmission) since I was 17. This summer I joined the fit forum and I never got around to posting yet but I had intentions of starting to do some minor modifications to my fit and putting some love into my car. A few weeks ago someone who stole a car rear-ended me running from the police and totaled my fit (it was estimated to cost about $8k in repairs and I don't have the time or skills to try to do it myself). This has honestly been embarrassingly hard for me because it was my first car and I also grew up with my dad driving it since we got it in 2013.

RIP

I am really trying to find a Honda Fit with a manual transmission to buy but a lot of things are up in the air and used cars are expensive right now so I'm not sure what I'll end up with. Anyway, looking for advice in finding used Fits for sale. I also think this will help me get closure even though it sounds dumb. I just wanted to be part of the fit community for a little bit in case I can't get another one.

Old 11-20-2023, 02:30 PM
I'm sorry things ended so sadly and suddenly for you. It was a rear-end accident; not something you could do anything about. Hopefully you'll find another Fit and you can introduce yourself positively.