Fit Freak Newbie / FAQs New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted. FAQs will also be answered here.

New here!

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2022, 11:16 AM
New here!

Hi everyone!

just picked up an 09 fit sport 5 speed manual w/ Navi that needs love. Haha

I usually track my C63s but now for the past 2 months I’ve been wanting to give the merc some rest before it really gets expensive and find something that I can track on the cheap side and have fun at the same time. I’m not about getting great PB’s because I’m still fairly new at it but again just in it for the fun and thrills.

for the past 2 months I’ve been wanting a fit and I finally found this one for $2,200 w/ 141k.
a/c compressor is shot so I found a drive belt that’s the right fitment to delete the a/c. If anyone is interested in doing the same: autozone part number 350k5 (35” belt 5 rib)

so far I may need to replace the engine as it has a very minimal bearing noise my dad just says for now to use a heavy engine oil but I will be replacing it later.

other issues are the front bumper tabs are broken on the sides completely so I’ll be replacing the front bumper and just getting that whole front end fixed completely. It did come with type 2 full suspension so that’s cool I’ll be getting that back to factory settings once I have time and I’ll order some tires for it since the ones that it has are shot to shit.. lol interior is just dusty and can be cleaned out quickly.

other than that here it is!

Old 03-01-2022, 08:33 AM
Nice fit, and welcome!

You may want to have a honda dealership look at it if you have a few dollars to spare (these are also fairly noisy engines, and it could be timing chains, valves, or maybe it is the journal bearings making the noise). The old adage of "heavier oil" to fix rattles may introduce other problems due to increased load due to viscosity not fitting in engineered tolerances.

Likely the "add heavier oil" debate is a good one for forums, and I'll be curious to read what others have to say on the matter.

Old 03-02-2022, 01:12 AM
Welcome! Love the side markers. Can we see a picture of the back?

Last edited by GrE8_Fit; 03-02-2022 at 01:15 AM.
Old 03-02-2022, 02:24 AM
Originally Posted by knope
Nice fit, and welcome!

You may want to have a honda dealership look at it if you have a few dollars to spare (these are also fairly noisy engines, and it could be timing chains, valves, or maybe it is the journal bearings making the noise). The old adage of "heavier oil" to fix rattles may introduce other problems due to increased load due to viscosity not fitting in engineered tolerances.

Likely the "add heavier oil" debate is a good one for forums, and I'll be curious to read what others have to say on the matter.
I see. I’ll look into it thanks man!

Old 03-02-2022, 02:27 AM
Originally Posted by GrE8_Fit
Welcome! Love the side markers. Can we see a picture of the back?
unfortunately they don’t work. I looked and it’s missing the actual light plug and there’s no wiring to them.

plan is to “restore” it. It’s an eye sore at the moment.

and I’ll see if I have any.

Old 03-02-2022, 02:32 AM
AC clutch came in I’ll be tackling that job this weekend.

headlights came in (Depo black housing)
driver side CV axle came in.

bought a new unpainted front bumper and placed an order for the driver side front fender. Should come in by Friday.

suspension went back to stock found a similar year Fit at the junkyard and I took the suspension, spare tire, and misc nuts and bolts.