Fit Exterior Modifications & JDM Styling Discussions about about exterior modifications, body-work, body-kits and JDM body styling

tail gate garnish...

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 12:22 PM
5 Year Member
OK, I have to ask where you got the silver tailgate garnish *underneath the Honda symbol*... that would look great on my BOM fit! Also, how much was it? Thanks!

Old 07-16-2007, 12:51 PM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by wrkoutgrl1
OK, I have to ask where you got the silver tailgate garnish *underneath the Honda symbol*... that would look great on my BOM fit! Also, how much was it? Thanks!
Its a chrome piece. You can find it on eBay or Zeta Products here on the forum.

Old 07-16-2007, 08:39 PM
ok, so the garnish you ordered works with the usdm rear? i didn't see an answer...a possible test fit shot?

Old 07-16-2007, 09:07 PM
you can get the garnish from hondafittuner.com that place is owned by my friend and my fit is their show car. the garnish was made for the usdm bumper and the holes are for production so they can hang it with hooks or whatever during production.

i think those are the major questions most people ask on here

Old 07-16-2007, 09:18 PM
Retired Moderator
Just picked mine up from the post office, woot!

Old 07-17-2007, 09:08 PM
Retired Moderator
Well I finally got around to unpacking my garnish. It looks good when I put it up against the car, can't wait get get it on. Came well packed...only gripe, mine was all scratched up and the corner was freaking broken off! I hope my bodyshop can fix it. took out a small chunk the size of a small pebble right on the corner at the top right where it goes against the tailgate. I don't care if it is elsewhere since you can fill it with bondo, but the corner will take shaping...dammit...

Old 07-18-2007, 02:22 AM
5 Year Member
Can you post us some pix from different angles? How well does it line up with the bumper? How much is it costing to get painted?
Got the decals-Thanks!

Old 07-18-2007, 09:54 AM
Retired Moderator
I'll see if I can get some decent pictures tonight. I think my bodyshop will end up doing a bit of work on it to make it fit nicely. From what I can tell right now, it looks like it lines up pretty well. To get it painted for me will be cheaper, the bodyshop I use is actually owned and operated by a friend's father, so I can't give you an accurate price. If I was to guess, I'd say $100-$150 with no problems such as filler, chipped pieces etc. (doubt it, I have a broken corner, you'll see how horrible it is later today, others reported chipped pieces as well). If I was a betting man, I'd estimate it at $200-$250 to get it painted properly with good fitment and all of the chips and scratches filled in properly.

Old 07-24-2007, 06:57 PM
I just got mine, will this thing even hold? I'm scared it will fall off or something...it just pastes on?

Old 08-05-2007, 01:38 AM
Retired Moderator
Hey guys, for those who've installed it, did you just use the double sided tape? My installer here said that it won't hold it since it is so heavy. He advised me to use some super adhesive that the windshield guys use. Apparently it will rip the paint off if you try and remove it, so I was thinking about 3Ming the area and then applying that crap. What you guys think?

Old 08-05-2007, 10:14 AM
Originally Posted by Illusive
Hey guys, for those who've installed it, did you just use the double sided tape? My installer here said that it won't hold it since it is so heavy. He advised me to use some super adhesive that the windshield guys use. Apparently it will rip the paint off if you try and remove it, so I was thinking about 3Ming the area and then applying that crap. What you guys think?
I say you try it, I'm getting mine back from the paint shop next week but i'm a little wary about installing it, it does seem to be too heavy for the tape they provided.......and i may accidentally put force on it if i need to close my trunk ..then it may rip off..

Old 08-05-2007, 11:35 AM
Retired Moderator
yup exactly! I peeled off my 3M on the foggies before painting them, and they are super super tacky and it took quite a bit of force to actually pull them off. I would assume that this would provide a good barrier between the adhesive and the paint that will still hold despite the added weight...

Old 08-07-2007, 01:39 AM
Trunk Garnish

Sup people. I just have some simple questions. Where can I get a trunk garnish and do I have to modify it to fit the USDM Fit. Im going for the VIP look and this piece completes the rear
Heres a picture of what im needing. Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.

Old 08-07-2007, 02:06 AM
i think hondafittuner.com has one that would fit the USDM Fit.

Old 08-12-2007, 08:19 AM
installed mine yesterday, check out the pics in https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...irst-pics.html

Old 08-12-2007, 03:14 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Topnotchracerx
Sup people. I just have some simple questions. Where can I get a trunk garnish and do I have to modify it to fit the USDM Fit. Im going for the VIP look and this piece completes the rear
Heres a picture of what im needing. Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.
Can someone tell me WHAT KIND OF WHEELS are those?!? I LOVE & want them!!!
VBP Sport MT

Old 08-12-2007, 11:09 PM
5 Year Member
SSR Profesors???

Old 08-19-2007, 07:34 PM
I got my tailgate garnish in some time last week. I'm dropping both my tailgate garnish and eyelids of Monday to be painted. I'm not too hip with the double sided tape either. I'm thinking about tapping two holes in threw the tailgate and then in the garnish (not using the ones that are already in the garnish.). To make a promising hold. But also weather proofing the holes that I make in the tailgate. Thats my idea anywho...

Old 08-19-2007, 07:54 PM
Wings West

looks like wings west is offering one for US bumpers

Old 08-24-2007, 04:06 PM
5 Year Member
I would probably be more inclined to purchase the one from Wings West as from what I have seen with their products, they're usually pretty spot on for quality.

Quick Reply: tail gate garnish...