Fit Exterior Modifications & JDM Styling Discussions about about exterior modifications, body-work, body-kits and JDM body styling

do u guy think mugen is gonna make lipt kit and body kit just for the usdm market??

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2006, 09:14 PM
Master FitFreaker
do u guy think mugen is gonna make lipt kit and body kit just for the usdm market??

like the title say wat do u guy think?? R they gonna make lip kit and the mugne body just for our market?? I jkust hope they will so I can be a mugen whore fit lol

Old 04-26-2006, 05:18 PM
It would be nice if they did, but I doubt they will. I was hoping Mugen would make parts for the US Civic Si too, but that probably won't happen either. Maybe in the future they will start offering parts for US-spec cars since they are becoming even more different now from other markets, but in the past they have not done so.

Old 04-26-2006, 07:02 PM
If they do, and i'm sure they will eventually, then they would be distributed through www.kingmotorsports.com , who is the only and sole provider for authentic mugen parts, atleast they are the only one who mugen actually deals through in the U.S.

Old 04-26-2006, 08:04 PM
5 Year Member
We probabaly need to start hounding Scott Zellner @ King to push for some USDM Mugen parts for the FiT

Old 04-26-2006, 08:19 PM
Originally Posted by Tomh
If they do, and i'm sure they will eventually, then they would be distributed through www.kingmotorsports.com , who is the only and sole provider for authentic mugen parts, atleast they are the only one who mugen actually deals through in the U.S.
These guys are completely unresponsive and I'll most likely never be doing business with them. I expressed interest in an order for thousands of dollars in parts and they never even responded. Crap.

Old 04-26-2006, 09:40 PM
Doubt that they will.

With Honda US expecting only 35,000 units to be sold in the first year, what percent of those would be modded. Next, take that number and what percent of that would you expect to actually buy REAL Mugen parts???

Like everything else, it all comes down to $$$.

PS, i've never had a problem with King. I've emailed them a few times and even called them and Scott has been very fast and helpful.

Old 04-26-2006, 10:01 PM
Originally Posted by Yuf
Doubt that they will.

With Honda US expecting only 35,000 units to be sold in the first year, what percent of those would be modded. Next, take that number and what percent of that would you expect to actually buy REAL Mugen parts???

Like everything else, it all comes down to $$$.

PS, i've never had a problem with King. I've emailed them a few times and even called them and Scott has been very fast and helpful.
One thing you must consider, is that Mugen is not Honda's in house tuner like you find Nismo and TRD, Mugen is just a honda tuning company that was founded by Soichiro Honda son, who is Hirotoshi Honda, so the percent of vehicle sold will never have anything to do with if Mugen will send parts to King motorsport to be sold, Honda Motor Co. has no say in the matter what so ever.

I also have never had any problem with buying parts from King Motorsports yet.

Old 04-26-2006, 11:51 PM
Avid FitFreak Poster
I really do not think so. There will not be a large enough market for it unless the price is very reasonable... Wait we aren't talking about Mugen...

Old 04-28-2006, 11:49 AM
In a response email from Kingmotorsports(responded the next day)
"Thank you for your email. We plan a complete development program with the Fit. I would guess that parts will become available by mid summer. Once we get close to releasing these parts we will announce it on the news section of our website."

something to look out for.........

Old 04-28-2006, 11:59 AM
Originally Posted by FitDaddy
In a response email from Kingmotorsports(responded the next day)
"Thank you for your email. We plan a complete development program with the Fit. I would guess that parts will become available by mid summer. Once we get close to releasing these parts we will announce it on the news section of our website."

something to look out for.........
Good news, but are these going to be in house parts or official Mugen? I will pay the premium if Mugen R&D goes into these products.

Old 04-28-2006, 12:11 PM
If they end up coming out with stuff, then I'll be happy.

But I'm definately not getting my hopes up.

Old 04-28-2006, 12:12 PM
the body kits would be cool, but another question, do you think Mugen decide to sell the Super Charger? If so will it also be for the USDM market?

Old 04-28-2006, 01:08 PM
Mugen Fit Component Availability

The new Honda Fit is starting to hit dealerships and there is a lot of interest from new owners about Mugen part availability. We are currently in the process of test fitting Japanese parts on the US model. When this process is complete we will list all of the applicable products on the site. Check back in early June for details.

kingmotorsports.com

Old 04-28-2006, 01:49 PM
LOL

If all they're doing is test fitting already existsing Mugen parts, we basically know what the list will look like in June:

Oil Cap
Rad Cap
Resevoir Covers
Shift Knob
Shift Book
Brake Handle Boot
Pedals
Wheels
Lock Nuts
Room Cover

If we're lucky, they'll have the side skirts available!!

Old 04-28-2006, 06:05 PM
Someone that Posts too much
Mugen has its hands full with the JDM and their existing parts fit the cars in the rest of the world already.

Old 04-28-2006, 07:37 PM
Well atleast we have some idea of when to expect a few parts, and i've already got my mugen Res cover, lol, however they're universal, may even fit my Lawn mower, lol.

Old 05-04-2006, 02:13 AM
Master FitFreaker
Originally Posted by jazzdm
Mugen Fit Component Availability

The new Honda Fit is starting to hit dealerships and there is a lot of interest from new owners about Mugen part availability. We are currently in the process of test fitting Japanese parts on the US model. When this process is complete we will list all of the applicable products on the site. Check back in early June for details.

kingmotorsports.com
damn thats nice man I will check that out for sure

Old 06-28-2006, 09:56 AM
Well, as I suspected, King has now released a list of Mugen parts that are compatible with the Fit:

We have begun test fitting Mugen parts on the new Honda Fit. Below is a list of items that fit the USDM model thus far. These items will be up on the site for sale this week.

Front Strut Tower Bar
Oil Cap
Pedals
NR Wheels
Radiator Cap
Lug Nuts
Fuel Cap Cover
Oil Filter
Nothing surprising and really nothing that we didn't know already!

Old 06-28-2006, 10:06 AM
5 Year Member
keep the body kit...bring on the supercharger!

Old 06-28-2006, 10:41 AM
by the looks of the current prices for authentic mugen stuff - how much would you say the supercharger would sell for LOL. $3,500?

Quick Reply: do u guy think mugen is gonna make lipt kit and body kit just for the usdm market??