Fit Exterior Modifications & JDM Styling Discussions about about exterior modifications, body-work, body-kits and JDM body styling

2008 fit + Mack Truck (Accident, please help) 56k beware

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 04:05 PM
2008 fit + Mack Truck (Accident, please help) 56k beware

I bought my 2008 SSM Sport in July and absolutely love the car.

On my way home from work I was in a low speed accident involving a Mack truck at an intersection. It was filed as 'no fault' but I don't really see it that way, but that's not the point of this post.

My car has 2000 miles on it. And this awesome custom modification.

The body shop says they are going to cut out the quarter panel and replace it with a new one. Welding it in halfway between the doors and in the door jam etc...I know people that have had this done to their cars, I wanted to know if there was a better way to get this done. Insurance is going to cover it and I want them to either restore it to factory condition or just get me a new one.

Has anyone had experience with low speed crashes and frame damage with these cars? The reason I ask is the front fender seems a little off from the A-pillar. I know is wasn't like that when I bought the car, I'm pretty particular about these things.

I've never been in an accident before so any advice you can give me for dealing with the insurance company and body shop would be appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited by ap_fit; 09-05-2008 at 04:17 PM.
Old 09-05-2008, 11:27 PM
5 Year Member
wow that sux..those look like some hard wrinkes
sorry to hear that dude

Old 09-06-2008, 08:25 AM
Originally Posted by ap_fit
I bought my 2008 SSM Sport in July and absolutely love the car.

On my way home from work I was in a low speed accident involving a Mack truck at an intersection. It was filed as 'no fault' but I don't really see it that way, but that's not the point of this post.

My car has 2000 miles on it. And this awesome custom modification.

The body shop says they are going to cut out the quarter panel and replace it with a new one. Welding it in halfway between the doors and in the door jam etc...I know people that have had this done to their cars, I wanted to know if there was a better way to get this done. Insurance is going to cover it and I want them to either restore it to factory condition or just get me a new one.

Has anyone had experience with low speed crashes and frame damage with these cars? The reason I ask is the front fender seems a little off from the A-pillar. I know is wasn't like that when I bought the car, I'm pretty particular about these things.

I've never been in an accident before so any advice you can give me for dealing with the insurance company and body shop would be appreciated.

Thanks

Cutting and welding new quarters is the best way, and if there's frame damage, it's prob not worth repairing :/ Srry bout your accident, hope you/everybody is ok.

Old 09-06-2008, 01:44 PM
thanks

I'm not sure if there is any frame damage...I'm hoping that they find some and just total the car out...then I can get an 09 :-)