Fit Exterior Modifications & JDM Styling Discussions about about exterior modifications, body-work, body-kits and JDM body styling

Safe Method of Removing Emblems

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 11:15 AM
Safe Method of Removing Emblems

The safest method I know for removing emblems, that doesn't leave any scratches on the paint and doesn't break emblems is........

*Drum Roll*

Fishing Line.

Sorry I don't have photos, but I've done it before and it works.
Just get some strong line and cut a long line. Place the line against the adhesive behind the emblem, hold each end of the line and rock the line back and forth while pulling it across. It cuts through the adhesive, and the line is round so it shouldn't damage the paint. There will be a lot of residue left, so just grab so goo gone and take it off. It's easy and safe, I would've taken pictures, but I don't have any emblems to take off for you. :]
If this is old, my bad. If this is useful, I'm glad to help.

Old 06-02-2008, 01:03 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by KsEkHatch
The safest method I know for removing emblems, that doesn't leave any scratches on the paint and doesn't break emblems is........

*Drum Roll*

Fishing Line.

Sorry I don't have photos, but I've done it before and it works.
Just get some strong line and cut a long line. Place the line against the adhesive behind the emblem, hold each end of the line and rock the line back and forth while pulling it across. It cuts through the adhesive, and the line is round so it shouldn't damage the paint. There will be a lot of residue left, so just grab so goo gone and take it off. It's easy and safe, I would've taken pictures, but I don't have any emblems to take off for you. :]
If this is old, my bad. If this is useful, I'm glad to help.
yeah thats a good one, i use piano string.