Fit Exterior Modifications & JDM Styling Discussions about about exterior modifications, body-work, body-kits and JDM body styling

seibon cf mg style hood & Fujita SRI question..

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2008, 10:24 AM
seibon cf mg style hood & Fujita SRI question..

hey, new user here,

for those of you who have seibon cf hoods, preferablly the mg style one, have u had to use hood pins on it yet ? some people ive heard, talk about like noises and all the things that could go wrong. i plan on getting one soon.
and i just ordered a fujita short ram the other day, was wondering if i was to intall that, and the hood... the hood has 2 big vents (and a small one )right where the intake's filter would go... and that would problly do the trick and allow for a bit colder air to enter...
also... the hood has vents that go down.. and are pretty much open to the sky... so i was wondering if driving in the rain with the intake being near the vents would become any potential problem ? like hydro locking or something..?
thanks guys!
DAN

Old 05-25-2008, 11:33 AM
5 Year Member
no never had a problem when i had the DV style hood. 2 big holes, and no little nostril in the middle

dont worry about it, the only thing that gets me buggin is when you wash your car and you start getting soap in your engine bay. then you have to basically wash your engine too.

uh as for the hood pins, i didnt use it. i didnt feel it was useful in our situation. i mean for most cars yes, but our hood is so tiny. and it wasnt going to go ANYWHERE.

Old 05-25-2008, 06:07 PM
rain didnt get in the hood through the vent things ? what about like really heavy downfall... there are always quite a few in the year up here in CT.

Old 05-25-2008, 11:42 PM
5 Year Member
The rain won't get into your filter because I usually spray the hell out of my vents when I wash my car and water doesn't get into the engine bay at all and it also doesn't get into my chamber intake which is located like maybe half a foot or more away from the vents which point down towards the bottom of the engine in front.. The mg style won't have problems either cuz the little scoop is located no where near the filter or the electronic components of the car.

Old 06-10-2008, 03:13 PM
yeah so i ordered the fujita sri and just finished installing it 5 minutes ago. For a 17 year old kid, being me, it was fairly simple for the most part. But when it came to removing the coolant line on the bottom, i was a bit hesitant, and i removed it...

and holy crep..... coolant just starting spurting out like crazy all over the garage floor.. haha... and i quickly put on the new replacement hose.. but alot of it got away unfortunately.. it was my first DIY on this car... but yeah..

next thing,... i had difficutly with the vibration mount thing. the pipe itself fit into the big rubber connector well... and then i couldnt get the vibration mount to line up.. i tried unscrewing the battery clamp and moving it... but that only made it worse...

looking at the manual that i came with, i was doing everything right. and i look at where the hole for the sensor is.. and its literally an inch away from the big rubber connector... and mine was all the way in touching the connector...

i tried adjusting the pipe.. but it didnt really want to fung-shway the way i wanted it to... and the t clamps had to be screwed on a little crooked, along with the vibration mount, i had to bend it a little. in the drawing, it showed that you should install the L piece upwards, not down, either way.. it wasnt reaching the pipe.

I will take pictures.. and hopefully you will see what i am talking about here... thanks

Old 06-10-2008, 03:31 PM
Old 06-10-2008, 05:49 PM
if all the things i mentioned, sound normal... please tell me

i added more coolant and drove around a bit. the thing sounds like a beast

Old 06-10-2008, 06:41 PM
5 Year Member
i have a fujita CAI...the mounting points are the same i would think.

you must be putting those clamps on wrong. loosen it up, and just correct it. really all you need to do is hold the RUBBER to the pipe.

the pipe doesnt need to touch your throttle body.

it can have a gap. its hard to explain, well im having a hard time typing what i want to say that is.

pull the pipe out a bit more so the rubber isnt so close to the sensor. . attach the clamp around the rubber piece and around the pipe. make sure it is secure, there will be a gap between the throttle body and the pipe. i would say an 1inch or 2. and you will be fine.

looks like you shoved the pipe all the way to touch the throttle body.

but it SHould sound like a beast. and that sounds fine. heh

Old 06-10-2008, 07:25 PM
k, thank you,

but when i take the pipe out more... its touching the battery... and barely has enough room to come out anyways... its like 3 mm away from the battery right now.. i hope that wont cause any problems, but i will try to pull it out tomrw

and one more thing.... the vibration mount thing, that goes to the battery holder clamp... do u have one of those aswell on your CAI ? or no ? and which way did u intall it, up or down ?

and it seems that, if i was to pull out the pipe...it wouldn't reach the vibration mount...

thanks for the tips