Fit Exterior Modifications & JDM Styling Discussions about about exterior modifications, body-work, body-kits and JDM body styling

JDM/EDM Stylin'

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 02:10 AM
5 Year Member
JDM/EDM Stylin'

Ok, here's a cheap mod that's kinda cool, fun, and will give you that authentic JDM or EDM look, depending how you apply it -- a Euro plate. How is this JDM? Well, for a while now there's been a bit of a boom among modders in Japan for tacking a Euro plate under the normal license plate. You see it on all kinds of cars, and the Fit just happens to be one of them. It's right up there with the vertical wiper conversion when it comes to inexpensive, thoroughly JDM flair to add to your ride. Of course, if you don't like the look you could just mount the plate as is and do it EDM style instead, the choice is yours. The fun part is that you can put whatever you want on the plate up to 9 characters, so it's like a cheapo vanity plate with style. I bought mine off of Ebay from a seller called custom.euro.plates and the plate is absolutely top-notch and the real deal, except for the custom embossing. It was about $34 with shipping incl. for the plate, frame, and tax stickers, so not too pricey, and it came in about a week. Here's a pic (the colors are off 'cause of the flash reflecting back from the plate background, in person it's perfectly as it should look):

Here's how it's used in Japan:

Old 08-17-2007, 02:34 AM
5 Year Member
MANNN. Here in glendale it is found EVERYWHERE! All my cousins have it on their bimmers n benzes lol. It's such an armenian thing to do. =]

Old 08-17-2007, 03:04 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by koolkevin1107
MANNN. Here in glendale it is found EVERYWHERE! All my cousins have it on their bimmers n benzes lol. It's such an armenian thing to do. =]
That's one benefit of living in the sticks near Pittsburgh, I guess.

Seriously though, I only like it ala the JDM usage. I probably wouldn't have bothered otherwise, but I just like that look. Haven't seen any Fit owners here with it yet either, so thought I'd jump right in.

Old 08-19-2007, 08:44 PM
5 Year Member
anyone know where to get that carbon bonnet from??? jdm???

Old 08-19-2007, 09:53 PM
5 Year Member
So they put the Japanese plate over the Euro plate?

And as you say, you can put your US plate over the Euro plate, if you live in a two plate state. I do not, so a few Dutch plates end up on my cars.

When I lived in Ohio, I had this on a couple cars many years ago, not becuase it was cool, but because they actually were French registerd Citroen cars privately imported to here in the States. The registration number (TT code, silver on red for export) was painted on the car itself, not a plate.

Cool idea, and that bracket is nice, thanks for posting.

Old 08-26-2007, 12:19 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Spule 4
So they put the Japanese plate over the Euro plate?

And as you say, you can put your US plate over the Euro plate, if you live in a two plate state. I do not, so a few Dutch plates end up on my cars.
Yeah, that's pretty much it; real simple to do. I think it's a neat look myself, so that's why I did it the JDM way, even though PA only requires the rears. If I had to do both, I'd have done the front too, like in the pic.

jezzy's jazz: the bonnet in the pic was from a Yahoo auction, but M-Works (JDM) sells them as well: http://www.t-m-works.com/ (bonnet info is here:http://www.t-m-works.com/product/pro73.htm)

BTW, here's some pics from when I mounted the plate today: