Fit Exterior Modifications & JDM Styling Discussions about about exterior modifications, body-work, body-kits and JDM body styling

Honda Emblems, RED emblems, CF emblems, emblems questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 02:19 PM
Originally Posted by greekdaddy000
My front Red emblem was stolen...AGAIN
that's crazy, are these things a hot item or something? i mean they're not THAT expensive and whats the damn point of stealing them if in doing so you rip off the foam which has the adhesive on it? thieves are idiots...

Old 12-28-2007, 04:11 PM
5 Year Member
I just installed my front badge and it looks good. However, I noticed theres is a small gap all around. Any of you guys notice that too or did I get the wrong one? It's a little gap, not bad.

Still need to get rear DC5R badge. Man, I hope my stuff doesn't get stolen like some of you guys. Too many damn thieves that deserve to be stabbed.

Old 12-28-2007, 04:20 PM
5 Year Member
the EP3 front emblem doesn't have the same curvature as the Fit...which is why your seeing that gap, which is what lets those theives get the emblems so easily! If you want to get rid of your original PM me

Old 12-29-2007, 12:32 AM
The double sided tape on the front emblem was really cheap, it peeled right off. So i went i bought some 3m double side tape for outdoor stuff. I also added some to the back emblem.

Old 12-30-2007, 05:14 AM
5 Year Member
I just installed my front badge and it looks good. However, I noticed theres is a small gap all around. Any of you guys notice that too or did I get the wrong one? It's a little gap, not bad.
same thing here...i thought i got the wrong one too but yeah, i think the EP3 is the closest that'll match the fit

the EP3 front emblem doesn't have the same curvature as the Fit...which is why your seeing that gap, which is what lets those theives get the emblems so easily! If you want to get rid of your original PM me
yeh the bottom of it juts out a lil bit....wuts the best type of 3M tape that will stick forever and will fill in that lil gap?

Old 12-30-2007, 12:04 PM
Originally Posted by HondaFitted2007
same thing here...i thought i got the wrong one too but yeah, i think the EP3 is the closest that'll match the fit

yeh the bottom of it juts out a lil bit....wuts the best type of 3M tape that will stick forever and will fill in that lil gap?
I had to sand down the front grill to make it flat. Then i used 3m double sided tape on the emblem. I saw 2 kind of double sided tape at office max, one for in doors that is rated like 3 for strength and the out door one was rated at 5. It costs about $5 for the out door one, not a lot since your trying to make a $30+ emblem stick and its way better then the ones it came with

Old 01-17-2008, 02:01 AM
5 Year Member
for you guys with the JDM Emblems. how are your emblems holding up? one issue i always had was that eventually the color would fade or crack due to the emblem being plastic. has that happened to anyone yet'?

Old 01-17-2008, 04:16 AM
5 Year Member
well, i have mine for less than a month but everything is good...the front i decided to use 3M outdoor tape its.ryu suggested and every once in a while i try to pry it off to see if it lost its grip but it hasn't lost any of its "stickyness"

the front emblem doesn't fit the curvature so i used about 2-3 layers of the 3M tape towards the bottom of the emblem to fill in that lil void...and also its a tiny bit smaller than the OEM one so when you put it on, just make sure you dead center it, its not too noticeble

Old 01-18-2008, 10:39 AM
Got my emblem stolen the other day gotta love those miami honda enthusiasts

Old 01-18-2008, 05:45 PM
5 Year Member
ooo ouch. Did they take both the emblems or just your rear one?

Old 01-19-2008, 01:20 AM
Originally Posted by Fitftw
ooo ouch. Did they take both the emblems or just your rear one?
nope just the rear one thank god it only set me back 40 bucks instead of 80. they probably have/know someone who has an rsx, so what would they do with the si emblem from the front? lol

Old 02-07-2008, 09:04 PM
5 Year Member
wow that sucks dude. but at least they only stole one of them.

Old 02-25-2008, 08:48 PM
Why can't we get the red emblems directly from north american Honda? The red-colored Fits have red Honda emblems, I just noticed this the other day when I was looking at one on the street... it was just a red base model, and had red H emblems.... so... isn't it just a matter of ordering the proper part# from your local dealership???

Old 02-25-2008, 09:17 PM
Oh wait, or it looks like the H emblems are just see-through, so it's just the chrome part, and you see the car color through it ? rofl...

Old 02-25-2008, 10:08 PM
C_O
my GF just got back from the Philippines and she picked me up a pair of red H emblems for $40.00! they're authentic, not rip-offs, came in the honda boxes, had the part numbers and all. added a fit (red dot) emblem to the mix and it came to a whopping total of $65.00!

i'm thinking of installing them this weekend but i wanted to take some extra precaution to make sure they're not stolen . maybe lining the entire backing of each emblem with outdoor grade 3m double side tape; that won't make it theft-proof, but hopefully it'll weed out the "lazy" thief's? i figured that i could sand the back of the emblem flat, run parallell lines of double sided tape from end to end then run an exact-o-knife around the edges so it sits flush. anyone else try this method?

i'm so worried mine will get snached that i'm almost convinced that i should use weather strip cement and fuse the damn things to my car!

-charlie

Old 02-25-2008, 10:47 PM
Originally Posted by necro2600
Oh wait, or it looks like the H emblems are just see-through, so it's just the chrome part, and you see the car color through it ? rofl...
haha yeah i was gunna tell you that....

Old 04-05-2008, 01:04 PM
How to remove and install new emblems

Hey i baught all new JDM emblems i want to install but i seriously have no idea what to do. I have a front and a rear red H, a new Fit one with the red dot, and then a red jdm VTEC one also. Can anyone give me advice on how to get everything off, and then permanently affix everything else? THanks.

Old 04-13-2008, 04:26 PM
JDM emblems arent very sticky

I put my JDm's up removed the clear plastic and exposed the tape, and stuck them on and they kept falling off so i got annoyed and got a little construction adhesive i found in the garage and applied a little bit to the back, like glue, and i affixed it on and pushed and waited 15 mins and it sure is stuck right on and its not going no where now. The crap i used said it was waterproof and everything so do you all think that will last?

Old 04-30-2008, 10:22 AM
I read MOST of this thread, but didnt find my answer. Does anyone know where I can get a pink "." to go on the i in Fit? My GF wants one.

Old 05-01-2008, 04:12 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by HabeneroSI
I read MOST of this thread, but didnt find my answer. Does anyone know where I can get a pink "." to go on the i in Fit? My GF wants one.
maybe nail polish??

Quick Reply: Honda Emblems, RED emblems, CF emblems, emblems questions