Fit Exterior Modifications & JDM Styling Discussions about about exterior modifications, body-work, body-kits and JDM body styling

Anyone with Seibon MG kit pics?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2007, 10:26 PM
Question Anyone with Seibon MG kit pics?

I've done a good bit of searching through the forums around here and have yet to find good quality pics of a complete Seibon MG kit ON a USDM Fit. Can anyone link to or post up some good pics? Preferably on a White or Silver Fit. Also, a short review on quality, fitment and durability would be great as well. Thanks!

Old 06-17-2007, 03:59 PM
Originally Posted by Warbler
I've done a good bit of searching through the forums around here and have yet to find good quality pics of a complete Seibon MG kit ON a USDM Fit. Can anyone link to or post up some good pics? Preferably on a White or Silver Fit. Also, a short review on quality, fitment and durability would be great as well. Thanks!
just picked up the seibon mg cf hood this week. the fit is perfect, the finish is perfect..i have it on a SSSM with fit car bra (not the hood portion) and with limo tint..i think it looks awesome, carries the black from the front to the silver going back, hardly see a driver in the car from the front...the drivers vent is right at the ITR intake filter and the center vent lets out a ton of heat from the engine...i will post pictures as soon as it stops raining here and the sun comes out again.........hope it doesn't snow.........

Old 06-17-2007, 06:36 PM
what do you do when it rains? doesnt water get on the engine?

Old 06-17-2007, 08:31 PM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by Crucio
Yeah water will get on the engine...whats wrong with that?

Old 06-17-2007, 11:00 PM
Originally Posted by Crucio
okay, it has been raining, no poooorrrring here, the last 2 days..(Illusive will confirm)..the fit sits outside (only reason the car is not black) no water has entered the engine area from the center vent...on the lower vents water drops on the hoses etc between rad and engine..when i checked this morning all was clear, however it really came friggin down this aft....so, a little cleaning, i mean like 10 minutes, and i am good for a SHOW....either you like or you don't,, you like and you put up with a little clean up after a "torrential down pour." for me, unique doesn't get any better....lol..these dudes around here keep getting stuff so i went with my heart and bought the damn hood!!! best mod so far!..it really accents the sssm lines and colour!!! (or as Colliers Dic says "color".)... as a dude from New York told me "do the damn hood man!! you won't regret!!" (GTII hood, 2002 Grand AM, sorry GM, sold the friggen car for an Accord)..good luck!!

Old 06-17-2007, 11:35 PM
5 Year Member
^^^^ huh?

Old 06-19-2007, 10:16 PM
To Davevm: Could you please post some pictures on your cf hood?

Old 06-20-2007, 12:42 AM
Originally Posted by boyetssilverfit
To Davevm: Could you please post some pictures on your cf hood?

hi, i will post pictures by the week-end...i am sorting out a wheel/tire combo for my fit with the tanabe gf210 springs..swaping wheels/tires on and off, test driving etc...so by the time each evening it is too dark for pics

we did pick up another seibon hood, for a 97 integra, it is as clean a fit and finish as the mg hood for the fit..i am quite impressed! thanks to Spead Tech for getting the hoods in so quickly and at good prices!

Old 06-20-2007, 01:15 AM
where did you buy them?and how much it cost you if you dont mind?

Old 06-27-2007, 01:25 AM
CARBON FIBER HOODS - VIS Racing and Seibon is the site i got pricing from on the seibon mg hood...the retail shown is what i paid delivered to calgary alberta, canada..i would expect cheaper in the states as i didn;t pay any shipping charges and had the hood in 5 days

here are a couple of pics finally...hood is a great fit!!! good luck!!

Old 06-27-2007, 01:40 AM
To Davevm: thanks for your response,that T1r intake is perfect for that hood,looks great!!!

Old 06-27-2007, 02:13 AM
here is 3 more, maybe you and others will get a better idea...

Old 06-27-2007, 03:42 AM
Thanks for the great pics DAVEVM. Looks great with the silver!

Now, anyone with the front and rear lip plus the side skirts so I can get an idea of what the final product will look like? Thanks guys.

Old 06-28-2007, 01:02 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by davevm
CARBON FIBER HOODS - VIS Racing and Seibon is the site i got pricing from on the seibon mg hood...the retail shown is what i paid delivered to calgary alberta, canada..i would expect cheaper in the states as i didn;t pay any shipping charges and had the hood in 5 days
Looks great. I also have a SSM fit and just put the Seibon OEM hood on last weekend. The fit and finish was perfect. I got it from Invision Performance IPTUNED.com Store - Sport Compact Car Performance Parts for well below the price listed on their website. They were very easy to deal with. Tell them Steve sent you. I don't know if they ship to Canada, though.

I am also considering the MG lip kit but really want to see it installed before purchasing it.

Old 06-28-2007, 09:51 AM
Retired Moderator
There is a member on this forum in NJ who is selling the CF MG Front Lip in the for sale section. Check it out for some pics installed.

Old 06-28-2007, 11:32 PM
Dave, you Fit looks sweeet, good job man. Thanks for sharing the pics.

Old 07-01-2007, 03:07 PM
hey davem, what kind/size rims are on your fit? and have you experienced any rubbing or discomfort with them?

Ride looks crazy with the cf hood btw

Old 07-05-2007, 12:49 AM
Originally Posted by rocklee_110
hey davem, what kind/size rims are on your fit? and have you experienced any rubbing or discomfort with them?

Ride looks crazy with the cf hood btw
16" rims, +45 offset running 195/50 with gf210 springs...J's front strutt bar

no rubbing with just myself in the car, but with a passenger i get mild rubbing on all corners...where depends on which way i turn, how hard i am into the turn, how big the pot hole/bump is...so normal driving on even pavement is not an issue...

i do have 205/40/16 i had access to and tried... had no issues ever even on hard cornering even with passenger..so am looking at installing but also think i may just put up with the mild rubbing...

thanks for the comment!