Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

J'S RACING FIT SPL stainless steel EX Mani 1.5(Bantage specification)

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2007, 09:09 AM
5 Year Member

Looks alot like their stainless header w/ heat wrap bandages...wish I could read Japanese!

Permutation: The order of model - - | The order of name - - | The order of price - -

A fit | Exhaust system | Acceptable vehicle model: GD3 (About the vehicle model. )
Item code:XA-F1-15B
Price including tax:81,900 Yen (excluding tax: 78,000 Yen) </SPAN>For car inspection
Material:SUS304 Lost wax flange adoption Product spec and details
It is a special specification that wraps Sarmobantage over all surroundings.
(The attack racing car of the Tsukuba time also is similarly wrapping Bantage. )

Improving the exhaust flow velocity becomes possible by raising the exhaust temperature when Sarmobantage is wrapped, and it contributes to the power-up remarkably.
In addition, the effect of suppressing the rise of the temperature of the engine room that is the weak point of a fit can be expected.

4(28φ) -1(40φ) A remarkable torque & power-up has been achieved from the low rotation region to the high rotation region by the structure.

This product uses light SUS304 of t=1.2mm-1.5mm, and is a complete, homemade product by the skill workman who corrected it by the hand work with the welding and steps by each part.

The engine performance of L15A can be drawn out full.
I will promise torque improvement & power-up.

It is a special EX manifold of a fit regardless of the stage.

Please refer to the detailed information page of ↓ for details.

Warning and notes

New gasket attachment
With service hall for empty fuel cost meter sensor installation
1.5 present fits of first term- and FF/4WD is not asked and it corresponds.

Old 07-27-2007, 12:07 PM
5 Year Member
damn, approx. $682... and I still want it...

Old 07-27-2007, 12:23 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JamesBizzle
damn, approx. $682... and I still want it...
I suppose you could always buy the regular J's header and wrap it yourself!

Old 07-27-2007, 12:46 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
You can buy heatwrap at any autoparts store, granted its not J's Racing but its still heatwrap.
I was thinking of wrapping my OEM manifold since it hasnt had a heatshield for a long time now.

Old 07-28-2007, 12:56 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Wave
Looks alot like their stainless header w/ heat wrap bandages...wish I could read Japanese!
That's exactly what it is. The translation is more or less correct aside from the odd phrasing. If you click the yellow link, it'll take you to a page that goes into more detail about the manifold in general, plus has dyno charts. In case you're wondering, "ekimani" on that page is the Japanese term for exhaust manifold -- kind of a shortened version of both words blended together. You can see from the dyno it made ~9hp just by the manifold itself, and that's no BS -- I heard it from a number of credible sources it's considered the best manifold for the Fit, period. This is on my list for next year (too broke from buying the exhaust this year )

Old 07-30-2007, 02:34 PM
what is the purpose for the heat wrap?

Old 07-31-2007, 07:48 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Jackal
what is the purpose for the heat wrap?
My understanding is that it keeps the exhaust gasses hot in order to keep the velocity up as well, therby improving performance.

A secondary benefit was to keep the area around the header slightly cooler as the wrap traps in the heat.

I did a little bit of research on the net and it seems like treating the header with a coating is a better way to go.

Old 08-04-2007, 03:33 AM
Wrapping a header/exhaust manifold in heat wrap is only suited for racing applications. Not recommended at all for the street. Depending on the material/coating of the header/manifold, the wrap while having its inherent benefit of keeping engine bay heat down, it will ruin the header after some time in a street application.

Depending on driving styles, headers even under normal driving conditions obviously get very hot, at least 200*F if not hotter. These wraps are intended to be used when a header gets very hot, much more then 200* and stay approx. that hot for a long period of time i.e. a race.

On the street where the header's heat fluctuates so much from hot to cold and vice versa, a wrap is definitely not a suitable solution to reducing heat in the engine bay or a means to gain performance.

Old 09-26-2007, 10:50 AM
wrapping, even stainless, will make hte manifold oxidize very badly, and fast.

i've had several ECHC cars built and we wrapped the headers...only to move the mainfold to a street car and have it start oxidizing within a year.

Old 09-26-2007, 10:22 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Wave
I did a little bit of research on the net and it seems like treating the header with a coating is a better way to go.

thats why i buy the dc sports header in ceramic coated...

Old 09-27-2007, 11:21 AM
5 Year Member