Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

HFP exaust, axle back, questions, answers

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2007, 02:13 AM
5 Year Member
i have the HFP muffler and i think it sounds real good, not too loud but nice rumble to it.

Old 05-13-2007, 02:19 AM
5 Year Member
i have the HFP muffler, i think it sounds real nice, its not too loud, real deep tone, i think its worth it once you break it in.

Old 05-13-2007, 02:23 AM
5 Year Member
Adding Sound To My HFP Muffler

i was wondering if theres anything i can do to make my HFP muffler just a lil bit louder. i dont want to get a short ram or cold air intake or anything real expensive, i want to get a k and n drop in air filter, would that make it sound any different? is there anything i can do, i dont want to do anything to void my warrenty through honda.

Old 05-13-2007, 02:44 AM
5 Year Member
Is yours an AT or MT? The cheaper way might be getting a muffler shop to cut the stock resonator on your mid pipe & weld on a "straight pipe". But it could get quite a bit louder. That won't sound that impressive if u have an AT.

Old 05-13-2007, 03:26 AM
5 Year Member
i have a MT, but i did that on my 95 jetta and that thing got hella loud, plus it made it back fire hella, it sounded pretty good but it was loud and the back fire on it made it sound like i was driving a popcorn machine. is there anything else i culd do?

Old 05-13-2007, 03:26 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by xonexlifex
i have the HFP muffler, i think it sounds real nice, its not too loud, real deep tone, i think its worth it once you break it in.
def gotta wait till you break it in, thats when you really start hearing it

Old 05-13-2007, 04:03 AM
5 Year Member
A straight pipe would be freaking loud and i'm sure that will void your warranty.

Any drop-in filter will make your car slightly louder.

and what's your budget? Someone here on the boards is running a short ram that they picked up at pep-boys. If you're worried about warrantee, you can easily swap it in and out with the stock air box under 15 minutes before you go in for service.

also, are looking for any power gains? or specifically just sound?

Last edited by JamesBizzle; 05-13-2007 at 10:50 PM.
Old 05-13-2007, 04:09 AM
5 Year Member
Well that's just the cheapest way to do it. I'm not sure what kinda muffler u had on your Jetta. But mufflers like the HPF, FGK Wagonlis(?), Mugen ones won't get THAT loud even u run straight pipe. It would scream if u have some N1 designs like SPOON N1, T1R, Aspec or skunk2 though.

U can sure get a header if u have a bigger budget. Header+cat+stock Bpipe+HPF muffler won't be that loud IMO.

Old 05-13-2007, 04:27 AM
5 Year Member
well atleast the drop in filters will make it a lil louder, i wanted to get a short ram but im afraid of the whole sucking in the hot air deal, and my uncle works at honda and he said it would void the warrenty and he told me not to do it and he knows all of that racing stuff and he said it isnt worth it especially with a brand new car. im looking for just a lil bit of sound difference with maybe a lil power difference too. i dont want to really want to spend hella bank on headers or a catback exaust either.

Old 05-13-2007, 04:50 AM
5 Year Member
I guess the drop-in filter would be your best bet, considering what you stated in the last post, to achieve a little more of a "roar" from out little L15's.

Old 05-13-2007, 12:29 PM
Originally Posted by xonexlifex
well atleast the drop in filters will make it a lil louder, i wanted to get a short ram but im afraid of the whole sucking in the hot air deal, and my uncle works at honda and he said it would void the warrenty and he told me not to do it and he knows all of that racing stuff and he said it isnt worth it especially with a brand new car. im looking for just a lil bit of sound difference with maybe a lil power difference too. i dont want to really want to spend hella bank on headers or a catback exaust either.
i used to have a stock muffler,i took it out and install those cheapo universal muffler ( $29.99)that you find in pep boys or kragen and boy i tell you it sound like a 50 year old lawnmower,after searching and investigating,talking to friends asking their opinion i finally made my decision to get a catback,(50 MM MODACAR FORCEFED CATBACK for $ 239 ) your not gonna get the sound that you want in a little L15s(i agree with jamesbizzle),you only get what you pay for when it comes to exhaust,you dont want to pay you dont get nothing,the sound is a matter of choice,to each his own!!

Old 05-13-2007, 12:31 PM
5 Year Member
ya i thnk so, ill get one sooner or later to see if it makes any difference, hey what would be a good mileage to say that its broken in yet, i just got 750 miles on the car it self, i put the muffler on the day i got it, so when should the muffler be real broken in?

Old 05-13-2007, 12:58 PM
our honda owners manual says the car is broken in at 600 miles,you already have 750 miles,its up to you,you can put it on anytime you want,be patient and wait for special deals,my catback started at around $400 plus when it first came out,i got it for $ 239,shipping + tax it cost me $ 274,check out the exhaust thread(cut back exhaust)on this forum and youll see my set up and impression about this catback,good luck,

Old 05-13-2007, 01:15 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah I guess u can try the drop in K&N but I used that on my civic before with SPOON throttle body. Not much difference on sound wise. I'm not sure about the Fit.

Since u live in California, I think your HFP muffler will get a bit louder after it's been heated up(or being used) for many times in the hot weather, eventually anyways.

Old 05-13-2007, 10:23 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Deleting the resonator will not void the warranty on the car. The only thing it will void with be the warranty on exhaust parts/leaks. Removing the resonator wouldnt make it that much louder if the cat and stock exhaust manifold are still on. If anything; buy a cat delete. My exhaust got noticeable louder. Not annoying but louder.

Old 05-13-2007, 10:50 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Mx6GT89
Deleting the resonator will not void the warranty on the car. The only thing it will void with be the warranty on exhaust parts/leaks. Removing the resonator wouldnt make it that much louder if the cat and stock exhaust manifold are still on. If anything; buy a cat delete. My exhaust got noticeable louder. Not annoying but louder.
You know what, you're right absolutely right. It'll just void warranty on your exhaust system.

Old 05-13-2007, 11:09 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
If they said that removing the resonator caused me to make massive amounts of power causing them to void my warranty Id have to punch them in the face and burn that Honda down. Then on to the next

J/K; Id deff make a scene though.

Old 05-14-2007, 12:04 AM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
I wasn't on a budget. But I didn't spend much at all. I bought those intake pipes you get at Autozone and made my own. just 2 90 degree bends and a filter. Your uncle might know alot, but I'm sure he has never driven a Fit with a short ram. I've been driving with mine on there since September. About a week after I bought my car, I put the intake on. It made power and the power is still there.

You can't void your warrenty if you put the stock stuff back if you need to service it. Only takes 15 minutes to swap it..

Old 05-15-2007, 01:59 PM
5 Year Member
did the OP ever post his price range? that could help determined what his best route would be.

Old 05-15-2007, 11:22 PM
5 Year Member
well its not really a price range its just i didnt want to spend hella bank like over 100 bucks, for a short ram or cold air intake, i mainly just want to get a k&n drop in air filter and i was wondering if it would make a difference in sound.

Quick Reply: HFP exaust, axle back, questions, answers