Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

New J's Racing chamber intake

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 01:27 AM
Former Vendor
Hopefully, we will be getting something in July.

Old 06-28-2007, 11:47 PM
Really lookin forward to this intake. Please keep us updated when it comes out.

Old 07-12-2007, 08:54 AM
I love chamber intakes!! I hope the developmental work for this intake to fit the US Fit is going good. This will be the intake I put on my fit!!

Scott

Old 08-01-2007, 04:43 PM
Any update on the development of this intake for the USDM Fit??

Old 08-01-2007, 04:54 PM
Retired Moderator
Unfortunately it is gonna be a long wait:

14) J's Racing Tsuchinoko intake
-USDM fitment
-improves engine response and acceleration
-dynoed 6hp with JDM Fit engine
-Estimated Time of delivery : October

I might upgrade my AEM CAI for this beauty unless I decide to go forced induction

Old 08-01-2007, 11:08 PM
June 2007 1st Place Fit of the Month Winner
5 Year Member
thats one damn expensive intake...i am just a Supa Sucka guy...i guess its what you want to put on your car...just bought that intake from H-Fit and its been getting great reviews
J's racing shit is just to damn expensive

Old 08-02-2007, 10:21 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Paulo107
Tell me about it, I just ordered the J's Header and have my sights focused on their titanium cat-back exhaust!

Old 08-02-2007, 02:47 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Illusive
Unfortunately it is gonna be a long wait:

14) J's Racing Tsuchinoko intake
-USDM fitment
-improves engine response and acceleration
-dynoed 6hp with JDM Fit engine
-Estimated Time of delivery : October

I might upgrade my AEM CAI for this beauty unless I decide to go forced induction

Ill start saving now

Old 08-02-2007, 02:54 PM
thats one damn expensive intake...i am just a Supa Sucka guy...i guess its what you want to put on your car...just bought that intake from H-Fit and its been getting great reviews
I'm not a big fan of that Supa Sucka intake. I can see too many flow problems with that design. The over all concept for that intake is nice but I feel there is room for improvement.

I try and put nothing but the best on my cars and I’m only going to be doing a few things to my fit so I’m going with all top quality parts.

Old 08-03-2007, 07:34 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by MadtownFit
I'm not a big fan of that Supa Sucka intake. I can see too many flow problems with that design.

Flow Problems? How? I have been driving around with one on my car since it was introduced and haven't seen any negative effects...

The over all concept for that intake is nice but I feel there is room for improvement.

Such as? Throw your input in my H-Fit Supa Sucka thread also located in this section please...

I try and put nothing but the best on my cars and I’m only going to be doing a few things to my fit so I’m going with all top quality parts.
Is that best = most expensive? Alot of people fall for that trap.

Old 08-03-2007, 09:43 AM
[quote=Wave;162752][/color]
Flow Problems? How?

Is that best = most expensive? Alot of people fall for that trap.[/quote]

The over all shape is not ideal for the best air flow/path. Air comes in the filter has to turn 90 degrees then make another 90 degree turn before entering the TB. Not the ideal flow path if you ask me, a more direct path going into the TB would be nice. I had a book about designing intakes and exhaust manifolds and I learned a lot from that book, I just wish I would not have let an old co-worker barrow it. I also have made and tested some different types of velocity stacks in the past and that project was a very good learning experience too.

The most expensive does not = the best, that I know. But what I can tell you that over the past 10 years playing with Hondas and trying over 5 different header and intake setups on my last car I learned what works for what I’m after. I found that the higher quality/more expensive parts tend to perform better then the lower end stuff.

I’m not saying I’m some expert but I also not new to this.

Last edited by MadtownFit; 08-03-2007 at 09:46 AM.
Old 08-03-2007, 10:44 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by MadtownFit
I'm not a big fan of that Supa Sucka intake. I can see too many flow problems with that design. The over all concept for that intake is nice but I feel there is room for improvement.

OK here we go with the first "hater" of the Supa Sucka Intake. Unless your Superman and have x-ray vision and can see the flow problems on that intake i would suggest you not judge a book by its cover. You want to put top quality parts on your cars thats all you. Some guys like Wave and I and others go another route. Maybe you should Define for all of us your meaning to top quality. Dont knock on a company that did alot of R&D on that intake and the only thing you can say since in your eyes its not top quality that it might have flow problems with that design. Before I continue to tell you how i feel about your unproven comment let me get back on this threads subject...

J's racing is a well respected Tuning shop for Hondas and the intake they are developing for the USDM Fit will be a remarkable upgrade that i wont spend the $$$ on.

Old 08-03-2007, 12:39 PM
5 Year Member
Wow!

All I'll say is that I've personally tried most of the intakes currently available for US Honda Fit's, the rest of my local FitFreaker's have the intakes I haven't tried.

The Supa Sucka works. Butt Dyno and daily driving tells me so, however this is not the point of the original thread.

I'm sure the J's Racing intake will kick ass - but those of us with budgets(rent, gas, food, my firearms addiction , etc...) have to balance actual cost versus value.

Old 08-03-2007, 12:46 PM
5 Year Member
looks nice, but I would never pay that much for a intake for such a little motor.

Old 08-03-2007, 01:02 PM
WoW, Paulo what is your problem today? I was not trying to start any arguments with anyone, I just stated my thoughts. BTW, I’m not the only person that looked at that intake and thought of flow problems. Three different engineers that I work with also felt it might have some flow problems. These guys have more experience with fluid dynamics then me, and probably more experience then most people on this site, and they are also big time motor sports fan. These guys know what they are talking about and I trust what they have to say.

You said the company did all this R&D work on this product, so then lest see some flow charts and some screen shots of the fluid dynamic analysis that was done, etc. etc.

One last thing, I did not go and bash anyone that use this intake, I just stated how I felt about it, and my opinion comes from past experience not just some random thought I come up with. I also want to point out that I did not call anyone a “hater” like you.

Last edited by MadtownFit; 08-03-2007 at 01:07 PM.
Old 08-03-2007, 05:36 PM
5 Year Member
keep the subject to this thread rolling please

Old 08-03-2007, 06:04 PM
5 Year Member
keep the subject to this thread rolling please

X2 im sure the h-fit intake is a great product. nuff said. now release date on j's intake

Old 08-04-2007, 12:30 PM
The problem with Japanese tuners especially ones who build there products with a big emphasis on racing is that they focus more on mid to high rpm power and either lose power in the low end or dont gain any power at all under 3.5k-4.0k depending on the application.

Dont get me wrong, I love revving the engine past those rpm's as much as the next guy but it is a little pointless to drive like that all the time to feel those power gains. Paying $450 and up for a intake that gives at the most 5whp and most of those being from 3.5k and up to me is a waste of money. Sure the same can be said for other mods for the Fit, catback for one, $600 for less the 5whp and unlike a intake, with a catback the gains are harder to feel and the power range is pretty much the same as an intake.

Old 08-04-2007, 01:28 PM
5 Year Member
y would u spend $700 on an intake.
and no body runs cold air intake on a real race car for real performance

the key is to run the shortest intake pipe and have proper intake ductings to the intake.

which will have proper amount of air going into the intake with the ducting and you will get faster responds with a shorter intake pipe.

whtever carbon intake pipes...all for looks..and bling factor.

Old 08-04-2007, 05:21 PM
5 Year Member
like something like this is already good enough...but instead of that china filter put the apexi one on, ans the apexi one is the best on the market

Quick Reply: New J's Racing chamber intake