Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Mugen Exhaust Manifold

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2006, 11:28 AM
if the headers were on I didnt get to see them, the one in the honda booth had the hood closed and I was there for work and didnt have time to find someone to open it, sorry. I did see the jackson headers, and you want them, I assure you.

Old 11-07-2006, 10:35 AM
Originally Posted by leonine
tried to contact Clayton @ King several times and he has not responded to my requests for pics of the headers on a USDM Fit. Very skeptical.

I guess they do not want to sell them. It seems to me that if you are marketing a product where there is concern about fitment then you should post some pics to relieve your buyers' concerns.

Not trying to dis them but i refuse to spend that kind of dough without verification other than "it will fit" and then i get it and "sorry no refunds".

This sucks!
For the benefit of everyone, including my own reputation. I left town on 10/27 and did not return until 11/3. I've been sick and didn't get out of bed until 11/6.

The only message I got from Leonine was on 10/29. Obviously since I was out of town I couldn't respond the question. My apologies.

I will post pictures when I have the chance to take some. Right now our car is in transit back from the SEMA show. To be honest I'm sure how good the pictures are going to be given the location of the header in the engine bay.

Finally, why would we want to mislead people about the fitment of the header? That doesn't make business sense. When we say that the piece fits the car, we mean that it fits. We've been doing nothing but Honda's for 25 years and we are more than capable of determining if a part fits correctly.

Regarding SEMA - there were a lot of very cool developments for the L15. While swapping a K-Series is possible, the work and budget involved is significant. Talking with the folks from Golden Eagle and Full Race I think we are going to see a 300whp L15 motor pretty soon.

Clayton@King

Old 11-07-2006, 11:01 AM
Four Wheels Enthusiast
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Kingclayton
For the benefit of everyone, including my own reputation. I left town on 10/27 and did not return until 11/3. I've been sick and didn't get out of bed until 11/6.

The only message I got from Leonine was on 10/29. Obviously since I was out of town I couldn't respond the question. My apologies.

I will post pictures when I have the chance to take some. Right now our car is in transit back from the SEMA show. To be honest I'm sure how good the pictures are going to be given the location of the header in the engine bay.

Finally, why would we want to mislead people about the fitment of the header? That doesn't make business sense. When we say that the piece fits the car, we mean that it fits. We've been doing nothing but Honda's for 25 years and we are more than capable of determining if a part fits correctly.

Regarding SEMA - there were a lot of very cool developments for the L15. While swapping a K-Series is possible, the work and budget involved is significant. Talking with the folks from Golden Eagle and Full Race I think we are going to see a 300whp L15 motor pretty soon.

Clayton@King
I wounder if it would be more cost effective to do a swap, turbo or something or just keep the L engine and make it 300hp

Old 11-07-2006, 11:58 AM
The more I see of the L15 the more I like it. aside from coming power developments, the weight savings is pretty significant compared to a swap.

Old 11-08-2006, 09:46 PM
Dude, check http://twincamtech.stores.yahoo.net/mu07fithe.html There are pictures of the Mugen header right there.

I dig King, but Inlinefour is my online company of choice. Those guys know what's up and they are really nice to boot.

Last edited by VTEC_Dreams; 11-08-2006 at 09:49 PM.
Old 11-09-2006, 08:44 AM
5 Year Member
nice pics. I ordered mine from JHPUSA. Very nice. Should be here next week. Psyched!

Old 11-14-2006, 12:41 PM
5 Year Member
Holy S#!T

The mugen headers looks soooooooo sweet! Just got em today! and the skunk2 exhaust is awesome. I want to put em on this minute! But i have to wait until saturday

I'll put up some pics tonight. the quality is insane. And light as a feather.

Old 11-14-2006, 12:43 PM
Four Wheels Enthusiast
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by VTEC_Dreams
Dude, check http://twincamtech.stores.yahoo.net/mu07fithe.html There are pictures of the Mugen header right there.

I dig King, but Inlinefour is my online company of choice. Those guys know what's up and they are really nice to boot.
we have pics, just not sure if they fit on the US model
i guess we will find out on Sat.

Old 11-14-2006, 12:46 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up

The mugen headers looks soooooooo sweet! Just got em today! and the skunk2 exhaust is awesome. I want to put em on this minute! But i have to wait until saturday

I'll put up some pics tonight. the quality is insane. And light as a feather.
Hey, we'll have to meet up when you get them installed. I want to feel the before(my car) and after(your car) effects of the upgrades plus I'm curious as to how your car will sound.

Old 11-14-2006, 12:52 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by sLiVeRwOrM
we have pics, just not sure if they fit on the US model
i guess we will find out on Sat.
you can never have too many pics of these bad boys IMO. As for them fitting, AJR, JHPUSA, and King said they will fit. I will gladly be the guinea pig on this one.

Old 11-14-2006, 12:53 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Wave
Hey, we'll have to meet up when you get them installed. I want to feel the before(my car) and after(your car) effects of the upgrades plus I'm curious as to how your car will sound.
yeah sounds like a plan. after i get my t1r intake on (backordered) though to complete the setup.

Old 11-14-2006, 11:11 PM
5 Year Member
they look much better in person

than a 1 dimensional pic. worth every penny for me.

Old 11-14-2006, 11:40 PM
5 Year Member
yeah sounds like a plan. after i get my t1r intake on (backordered) though to complete the setup.
will you drive down to NYC to show us the crazy parts??? will u give me a ride after you done those TOYS???

Old 11-15-2006, 06:29 AM
5 Year Member
yo stan!

after i get it all on maybe we can get together at lance's place and take a cruise or something.

Old 11-15-2006, 07:05 AM
5 Year Member
yo stan!

after i get it all on maybe we can get together at lance's place and take a cruise or something.
Sounds like a quickie meet developing here!

Old 11-16-2006, 12:27 AM
5 Year Member
great cannot wait!! We can have dinner somewhere. If you don't mine drive down to NYC!!! Waiting at Lance Home is a very good idea!!! Just let us know when you done with the project.