Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Hasport K20/K24 Mounts

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 09:23 AM
Any plans for the 1.8L SOCH off the '07 EX?

Being smaller, power steering and AC may still be incorporated, not to mention more space for forced induction.

Old 11-03-2006, 11:38 AM
I saw the car at sema, its pretty cool. Not running yet pending on the wiring harness and an exhaust manifold. front crosmember has to be notched pretty far to clear the intake. No B series swap, not any smaller or lighter then a K and way less torque.

here is a picture

Old 11-06-2006, 09:18 PM
5 Year Member
i currently have a 02 ep3 si and having pulled out my motor... the b series and k series are quite similar in size. my buddies and i were talking about how compact the k-series actually look to the b16 and b18!! IT LOOKS SMALLER!! i know everyone's sayi, "BUT IT'S A 2.0!!"

but if u've looked at it and set both motors side by side, the k series looks actually alot slimmer!! taking off the head, the cam seats in the k20 sets the cams alot closer than the b series... alowing it the be alot slimmer. and from the picture from above, it lookes like it has the PS and AC connected. for those that dont know, the k serie's PS, AC and Alternator run off of one belt, i believe that's the PS pump sticking out of the engine bay!!

just my 2 cents!! (and my first post!! WOOT WOOT!!)
scott

Last edited by bunz559; 11-06-2006 at 09:22 PM.
Old 11-13-2006, 10:42 AM
5 Year Member
Where is the Kit!!! I had a dream last night I was purchasing it!!! Where is it!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-13-2006, 11:12 AM
Spoke to Brian over at Hasport, and he told me that it wont be available in couple months. They have 5 prototype mounts that they built out there now, but no production one's yet.

Waiting patiently here also... have engine but no mounts

Old 11-13-2006, 10:53 PM
I have a AT Sport.*sighs* Would it be possible for me to do the swap and swap it to MT also?

Old 11-14-2006, 10:44 AM
5 Year Member
I only bought the Fit instead of the RSX-S to be unique with my Swap! And have the chance to be modifying it from engine to suspension! HURRY UP!!!! Please! THanks!

I would have never bought the FIT if this swap wasn't possible!

Old 11-14-2006, 10:58 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by gettinafit
I only bought the Fit instead of the RSX-S to be unique with my Swap! And have the chance to be modifying it from engine to suspension! HURRY UP!!!! Please! THanks!

I would have never bought the FIT if this swap wasn't possible!
Yes please...I keep talking to him about Supercharging or Turbo but he's determined to do the swap.

Old 11-14-2006, 02:28 PM
it would be great to have a swap kit.
mounts, header, harness, and axles to get these swaps more plug and play

expecially the harness..I hate anything electrical

Old 11-20-2006, 10:22 AM
5 Year Member
Yes PLease give me a Kit already!!!

Old 11-20-2006, 11:23 PM
5 Year Member
So, to someone like me who has no clue about engine swaps. Exactly what does one have to do to procure a K20/24? Where should I look to have it installed? What kind of "out the door" pricing would I be looking at? And the big question, is it possible to make a K20 Fit smog legal in California? I know everyone is a car genius, but I can admit I dont have a clue on how to go about this. So any help would be great.

Old 11-21-2006, 07:02 AM
Someone that Posts too much
if you have no idea about these things, i think it's best to have a shop handle all the work.

it's not a simple DIY affair.. in Ontario (canada) we have to get an engine that is NEWER or SAME YEAR as the car we are putting it into to stay smog legal.. not sure what the procdure is in cali

-joe

Old 11-21-2006, 09:39 AM
Originally Posted by 07TaffetaFit
So, to someone like me who has no clue about engine swaps. Exactly what does one have to do to procure a K20/24? Where should I look to have it installed? What kind of "out the door" pricing would I be looking at? And the big question, is it possible to make a K20 Fit smog legal in California? I know everyone is a car genius, but I can admit I dont have a clue on how to go about this. So any help would be great.
With a stockish K20 in there, you are smog legal in Wisconsin and most states. Not sure about California but I would probably say no.

For cost, that is what I have been working on and it seems resonable in comparison to a JR Supercharger kit. Somebody can chime in if this is incorrect in any way. If you look at the base RSX or late model Civic Si(not 06) motor-the K20a3, your looking at between $1200 and 1800 for a decent motor and tranny with most of everything you need from the motor.(motor,tranny, starter, alternator, intake manifold, harness, ecu, cables, shifter)

Then its
$600 or so for mounts(not released yet)

$600 for axles maybe

$400 custom header or maybe a produced one later

lots of hours for ecu and harness rewiring (if your inclined to do it yourself or $250 or so once someone sells them for plug and play

$250 better thinner radiator

$250 for fuel pump upgrade

$20 battery relocation(I would recommend but not needed)

$100 or so for custom intake or $200 if someone sells one in the future
Optional but recommended-all new gaskets on engine, new clutch and resurfaced flywheel, engine torque dampener, and tons of oil to change out the old oil once you get it started.

Now this is doing it yourself which would take a good 3 solid days to finish assuming you knew what you were doing and had the right parts and tools. I am sure there are a few things (belt, hoses) more to this in the end, but these are the major essentials. If you take it to a decent installer and your looking to add another $2000 at the end.

Also would look at taking apart the motor and cleaning and replacing wearable parts before installation. Add a lot more for a better k20 or turbo. Not smog legal anywhere on turbo.

Old 11-21-2006, 10:33 AM
Someone that Posts too much
if you can get a k20 for 1200-1600.. with tranny? let me know :-)

-joe

Old 11-21-2006, 10:38 AM
5 Year Member
yeah I think the same rules apply here in California, if the engine isnt the same year or newer, you cant pass smog. So basically, anyone in California is SOL on doing a smog legal swap. Its way too hard to try and get away with a car that isnt smog legal out here, unless you have alot of hook-ups.

Old 11-21-2006, 10:40 AM
Someone that spends his life on FitFreak.net
I'll be impressed if someone within the next year can perform this swap in a home garage, without the use of a hoist, and have it running in 3 days. I guess if Hasport offers a plug & pray harness and all the other parts, it may happen, but unlikely.

Old 11-21-2006, 12:48 PM
Originally Posted by bunz559
i currently have a 02 ep3 si and having pulled out my motor... the b series and k series are quite similar in size. my buddies and i were talking about how compact the k-series actually look to the b16 and b18!! IT LOOKS SMALLER!! i know everyone's sayi, "BUT IT'S A 2.0!!"

but if u've looked at it and set both motors side by side, the k series looks actually alot slimmer!! taking off the head, the cam seats in the k20 sets the cams alot closer than the b series... alowing it the be alot slimmer. and from the picture from above, it lookes like it has the PS and AC connected. for those that dont know, the k serie's PS, AC and Alternator run off of one belt, i believe that's the PS pump sticking out of the engine bay!!

just my 2 cents!! (and my first post!! WOOT WOOT!!)
scott
if you look closely the AC is not conected, and the Fit has electric steering anyway so why would it need a PS pump? thats just a tensioner or something.

Old 12-12-2006, 02:26 PM
to referrence the above question (about swap) a good k20aR from a type -S is not that easy to find . . .

let me explain

the engine itself from Honda is extremely expensive, so obviously your gonna get one as slightly used as possible

typically shops "source them" either from overseas (japan,taiwan) from a Honda integra R, or from local junkyards form wrecked RSX's (best bet)

then you need to make sure it comes with tranny, excu, axels, engine

even if you have a civic or other car that the mounts and swap is from, its not that easy to do and takes alot of customization, not to say it cant be done its just very uniquie

so any local shop will quote anywhere from $9000+ for the whole thing, hense why people are hard up for a deal, and/or know people that will do the work cheap (less than $70 an hour)

i think its a great idea, ecspeacially all the support for the engine right now (insert every company that makes parts for honda here)

plus in Japna people have been doing this swap for years, but again all custom

IMO your first step is to source the engine yourself, honda-tech has many shops that can help do the source or call your local yards to see if they have any rsx-s

after that its a waiting game to get the mounts, then you gotta source the custom . . everything, just to make it "Fit"

turbo+ k20aR + Fit = bye bye (insert other car under $40k here)

just my $.02

plus i would actually rather see people to a bore on the stock block itelf, maybe on the 1.5 model to a 1.6 or 1.7, get pistons , sleeves, cams (hurry up SKUNK2!!!!!!) , rods, a solid 150 all egine ponnies and 140+ torque *drool*

i am just not big on turbo/supercharging that lil engine , i'd rather bolt on some goodies and mybe a lil head work

anyone know anyone with experience on this lil block?

Last edited by dj_buddah; 12-12-2006 at 02:45 PM.
Old 12-12-2006, 06:52 PM
Any updates from hasport? gettinafit is going crazy lol

Old 12-12-2006, 07:16 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by blackgd3
Any updates from hasport? gettinafit is going crazy lol
How am I going Crazy? That dream about purchasing the kit was a month ago! It's still not a reality! I've been modding all these Fit's but Saving for my swap!! Can't wait anylonger!

Quick Reply: Hasport K20/K24 Mounts