Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

need some full exhaust help on my 08fit

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 12:04 AM
Exclamation need some full exhaust help on my 08fit

ok let me get straight to the point. I have a 2008 Honda fit Sport A/T Ive been looking to upgrade my full exhaust for a good while now but I cant make up my mind on what I should get. So here is my list of questions
1. Where should i begin; intake or exhaust?

2. Which intake is going to be best? I have been looking at the T1R and password jdm intake but really dont know what to look for. Are they just all the same? Which one will give best performance?

3. What headers should I get and is it best to stick with the same brand for the whole exhaust system so that everything works better together? i.e.(t1r intake, headers, testpipe, b pipe and muffler)

4. What is the difference between a 4-1 header and a 4-2-1 header? I have heard so many different things, I just want a clear answer!

5. Do I even need to change my downpipe/testpipe/catalytic converter whatever you want to call it?

6. When you buy Mugen are you just paying for the name or are they really that much better?

I want a nice deep tone for my exhaust! I would hate to spend money on all this and end up with a lame, high pitched, ricey sounding car. I have been on youtube to hear different exhausts on a fit however everyone has different things done to their cars so my final question is
7. Other than the muffler itself, do the other components of the exhaust system influence the sound it makes as well?

I want know which brand is going to be reliable and which sucks.I have been looking at the megan, T1R and the apexi exhaust but cant pull the trigger on anyone of them. I just want my car to benefit from these upgrades to give it some speed. Could really use some of you guys knowledge. All the help is greatly appreciated!

Old 08-02-2011, 02:24 PM
no header if u want low tone and not go deaf. just get a catback ull be happy. i run no muffler and i sound like a street bike but i like hks/megan/apexi ect. mufflers those will also sound good. but i have a theory- cant get air in, if u cant get it out... but if u cant get air out, if u cant get air in so i belive an intake and exhaust together will show more improvements then just one or the other. dont spend 400+ for exhaust i get it custom made in sd for 145$ any piping i want with whatever route (over/ under axle/ cut outs ect.) u just need a muffler. i wouldnt spend 200+ on those but i can get a hks style muffler (almost the same size too/ they are fucking huge btw) for 40 from a local shop. so honestly my cheapest exhaust w/ muffler would be 200? or just about but since i dont want a muffler i had the most wonderful exhaust tip made...

Name:  2011-05-27160631.jpg
Views: 1379
Size:  154.1 KB

Name:  2010-09-09122327.jpg
Views: 1082
Size:  71.0 KB

Old 08-02-2011, 02:28 PM
the cat and factory exhaust manifold will keep it quieter but you can still get pretty loud

Old 08-02-2011, 03:56 PM
Look up and You Tube Tsudo cat back. I have it and LOVE it. Great deep sound, not at all ricey. Im a true JDM nut so dont let the price fool you into thinking it is not quality. These exhausts are widely used on nissan.

Test pipe will be way tooloud with a Cat back, trust me on that one.

Header is good, but from what research i have done it will loose power in the low to mid range.

You already know the good names because you named them already. If you can afford full TR1 header, and cat back....DO IT. You will not be dissappointed.

Intake I say should be first. TR1 is great, same as password, but for gains and sound why not just do the SSR DIY intake in this forum. Works great.

Old 08-02-2011, 06:55 PM
Personately, i didn't loose power with the Header... I did loose power with the Aspec Axleback!! Maybe because of that integrated silencer built in it!! An empty toilet tissue roll won't get in...

Marko!!

Last edited by DOHCtor; 08-02-2011 at 07:11 PM.
Old 08-03-2011, 10:56 AM
Thanks for the help gentlemen, I guess the general consensus is that a test pipe would be overkill or too loud. Keep the suggestions coming! I think ima go with the intake first. Will there be a very noticeable difference when I get all this done?

Old 08-03-2011, 07:28 PM
Check out Megan Racing's resonated test pipe!! It seems like it's not that much noisy like the others as they put a big resonator in the place of the cat...!

Marko!!

http://www.meganracing.com/product_d...d=280&catid=10

Last edited by DOHCtor; 08-03-2011 at 07:33 PM.
Old 08-03-2011, 07:54 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by DOHCtor
Check out Megan Racing's resonated test pipe!! It seems like it's not that much noisy like the others as they put a big resonator in the place of the cat...!

Marko!!

Megan Racing
The shape of it looks like it may pass a visual inspection as an after market catalytic converter.. I'll find out if it does in a day or so.

Old 08-03-2011, 08:19 PM
5 Year Member
I will second the Tsudo exhaust. I put one on our fit and have been running one on my eg for years now and the sounds is great, quality and fitment were perfect and it costs half what other do. I also did the SSR intake mentioned and it helped with adding alittle power.

I agree that if you don't want to loud then no test pipe. That is what I run on my civic and it is loud but I love it. Honestly the biggest difference you will feel is if you do the intake and full exhaust along with the test pipe as the Cat is the most restrictive thing in the system.

Keep in mind that none of these things are really adding huge power to the system. They are just freeing up power that is lost due to the stock system being restrictive. Adding the intake and exhaust made the car feel more peppy and willing to accelerate when I stepped on the gas. The sound also helps make you feel like you are going faster.

Old 08-03-2011, 08:34 PM
5 Year Member
When using a test pipe, it really depends on what muffler you have. Obviously with a n1 canister style it's going to be loud. BUT, Im running a T1R test pipe, megan midpipe, with a T1R 50s Ver.2 axle back (which has a big body muffler) and it sounds deep, rumbly and lovely.

Old 08-03-2011, 08:43 PM
Super Moderator
A test pipe will make your car VERY loud. I had T1R header, T1R test pipe, Spoon B-pipe (resonator cut out) and Spoon N1 Muffler. My brother said he could hear me from maybe quarter to half mile away. I dint mind the sound but it does get a little annoying when in the car for a long time. Did you look at the exhaust thread here? it might help you decide https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...os-inside.html

Old 08-04-2011, 01:00 AM
5 Year Member
Lolllll yep, no resonator and a spoon n1 would probably be one of the loudest setups.

Old 08-04-2011, 03:24 AM
5 Year Member
An Apexi exhaust control valve that is cable actuated from inside the car is what I put in front of the muffler to cut down on exhaust noise.. It has really made a difference.. My closest neighbor wanted to know if I had put a bigger muffler on the car because her windows didn't rattle when I drove by.

Old 08-04-2011, 04:21 AM
5 Year Member
leave it stock

Old 08-04-2011, 04:39 AM
5 Year Member
Wow! That is such an original idea, I'd never have thought of doing that.. How much does it cost to do... There may be gains of power at higher RPM than you would normally drive in with an exhaust or intake change from stock on an otherwise stock engine but a loss of power at lower revs are going to be the cost.

Old 08-04-2011, 09:30 AM
5 Year Member
your neighbors would be happier if you left it stock

Old 08-04-2011, 10:05 AM
TC has an exhaust control valve which in a more closed position will restrict the exhaust flow and noise level will be next to nil.Brilliant if you ask me!!!

Old 08-04-2011, 10:52 AM
Super Moderator
I had the coolest neighbors ever. They never complained about my exhaust even when I would leave for work at 10:45pm. I got more complaints from my mom then anything. It will be interesting to see what my new neighbors think when I get my Fit back with the 3" exhaust

Old 08-04-2011, 12:07 PM
^ with a k and 3"exhaust you should make alot of friends in your new place.

Old 08-04-2011, 12:30 PM
5 Year Member
No one complains at my place. The neighbors all have muscle cars with straight pipes or sport bikes. Lots of very loud cars

Quick Reply: need some full exhaust help on my 08fit