Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

need some full exhaust help on my 08fit

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2011, 01:29 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by solbrothers
leave it stock
Originally Posted by solbrothers
your neighbors would be happier if you left it stock

i had a fujita short ram, megan b-pipe modded so the resonator wouldn't sit so low, megan header, and apexi wsII axle back. it was still quiet compared to my friends with just an aspec axleback -- that set-up had a more grumbly/euro car sound than anything. i got tired of the noise and went with a gutted stock intake box + k&n filter, kept the header, stock b-pipe, stock axle back. got my low-end "torque" back, cops stopped following me and ricers stopped trying to race me

new set-up will be an fa5 stock muffler, 2" b-pipe, and high-flow resonator.

Old 08-04-2011, 02:34 PM
5 Year Member
I just complete the exhaust on my '08 Fit earlier this year.
Used a generic (eBay) header 4-1, upgraded the mid-pipe to 2" (removing resonator), and finished with a megan axleback.
My wife was very concerned about the noise level when i started but has no complaints about tone or volume. Leaving the cat in (as i did) provides the necessary back pressure to the engine, as to not lose gains, and keeps the decibels down.
The exhaust manifold design on the '08 is so restrictive any header style will improve flow. As for the muffler end of things, gains and/or volume will only be present if the leading piping allows for the same flow. Think of an hourglass, if you make both ends bigger but leave the middle the same everything will still moves at the same rate.

Last edited by Giggles; 08-05-2011 at 01:39 PM. Reason: Correction to information
Old 08-05-2011, 12:29 AM
Thanks again for all the input... One question I still have is if the whole system would work better if every thing was the same brand? I'm really leaning towards getting the t1r intake for right now... I jus want to make sure I make the best decision... I dont want to regret getting something. As for the test pipe, I'm kinda on the fence about it... Will it be loud and obnoxious or loud with a good sound? My main concernother than speed is pulling off and having my car sound like its going 70 mph when it only has moved three feet.

Old 08-05-2011, 01:36 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Yoshi11289
Thanks again for all the input... One question I still have is if the whole system would work better if every thing was the same brand? I'm really leaning towards getting the t1r intake for right now... I jus want to make sure I make the best decision... I dont want to regret getting something. As for the test pipe, I'm kinda on the fence about it... Will it be loud and obnoxious or loud with a good sound? My main concernother than speed is pulling off and having my car sound like its going 70 mph when it only has moved three feet.
There is really no functional reason to use parts of all the same brand. Obviously each company will test and rate their parts within the whole setup. that being said, each company offered the same parts that all fit together. Giving a mix-and-match setup will allow you to find the set up that you like, though it may take a couple of tries.
regarding the test-pipe (which would delete your cat), if you are worried about noise you should leave the cat were it is. taking it out will be obnoxiously loud. If you decided to go the test pipe route I would suggest using the T1R 50S Ver.2

this is rated for highest flow while keeping noise to a minimum.

Changing everything from the cat-back will keep noise levels normal and provide the flow that you are looking for.

Old 08-05-2011, 01:51 PM
5 Year Member
Whatever you do....don't go HKS HiPower...makes every Honda sound like a perma fart.

Old 08-05-2011, 01:53 PM
5 Year Member
^ Agreed!

10 characters