Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

What is TRUE (Don't delete this ADMIN!!)

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2006, 10:12 AM
5 Year Member
What is TRUE (Don't delete this ADMIN!!)

The Older B-Series engines spin counterclockwise! The Transmission makes up for this and brings it Forward rotation! When i stated that it is backwards was not the Manifolds thing! I'm a Mechanic and a Honda performance Freak!

I understand that some ADMIN person deleted what i said so as not to start controvery in a thread that it didn't pertain to, so now i'm stating it in a separate thread!

Go look it up yourself! If i'm wrong, (Which i'm not) You can delete my Thread! (but PM me your opinion!)

The B-series in a fit would take a bit more customization b/c of mount locations on frame! and engine positioning for the axles to fit through the suspension!

Just a heads up!

Old 06-26-2006, 01:31 PM
5 Year Member
I didn't want to get too technical, It might spark controversy. But i figured that people reading an engine swap thread would be alittle versed in Honda engines......

Old 06-26-2006, 04:59 PM
honda motors have been what's known as a transversed mounted motor for a long time, atleast until teh V6 came along, once the K-series hit they were facing a change from a transverse mounted motor, if you look at any new honda now you'll see that they are nolonger mounted that way ofcourse.

Old 06-27-2006, 09:47 AM
5 Year Member
TOMH, transversely mounted engines are MOST Front Wheel engine/transmission assemblies as placed in most FWD cars.

Transversely mounted just means instead of front to back positioning, it's side to side positioning. And the V6 honda accords are also Transversly mounted by the way! The K series is also transversly mounted.

The only FWD vehicle by honda that i know that is not transversly mounted is the 91-95 Legend. Strange Transfer case that went forwads and the differential wrapped around the oil pan!

Just a heads up!!

Old 06-27-2006, 03:01 PM
5 Year Member
All legend an Rls up too the 2005 were longitude mounted. When the RSX(K20) engine replaced the B series of the old interga they reversed the mounting to try to prevent rampant engine thefts.

Old 06-27-2006, 08:28 PM
Originally Posted by gettinafit
TOMH, transversely mounted engines are MOST Front Wheel engine/transmission assemblies as placed in most FWD cars.

Transversely mounted just means instead of front to back positioning, it's side to side positioning. And the V6 honda accords are also Transversly mounted by the way! The K series is also transversly mounted.

The only FWD vehicle by honda that i know that is not transversly mounted is the 91-95 Legend. Strange Transfer case that went forwads and the differential wrapped around the oil pan!

Just a heads up!!
Humm, and here i was told it was something else, such as meaning the trans was located on teh opposite side of the motor of other FWD cars, not having anything to do with RWD or FWD, but meaning the trans was located on teh right side of teh car, whereas almost every other FWD on the market has theirs located on teh left of the motor, so i could be wrong.

though i know your right about FWD V6, since they are out of the norm.

Last edited by Tomh; 06-27-2006 at 08:36 PM.
Old 07-03-2006, 01:20 PM
Someone that spends his life on FitFreak.net
Originally Posted by Stevens24
All legend an Rls up too the 2005 were longitude mounted. When the RSX(K20) engine replaced the B series of the old interga they reversed the mounting to try to prevent rampant engine thefts.
Wrong. Changing the rotation of an engine won’t reduce the odds of it being stolen. Honda decided to conform to the industry standard to increase the interest from other car manufacturers in purchasing their engines and installing them in their cars. Honda started off as an engine builder. They just happen to master the technique to build nice cars that people want.

Ever notice how the old V6 Saturn Vue was a joke, yet the Honda V6 powered one is very well rated in buyer’s guides?