Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Remote starter for MT?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2006, 06:01 AM
5 Year Member
Question Remote starter for MT?

Is it possible to install a remote starter for a manual transmission? And if so, are there any possible complications as opposed to automatic? Also, does anyone know if it would void the warranty?

Thanks everyone.

Old 06-11-2006, 12:04 PM
Avid FitFreak Poster
Yes it is possible. Dont forget you are in gear though or your car will drive away without you. It is illegal in most states. No idea about warranty though.

Old 06-11-2006, 01:14 PM
Master FitFreaker
it is possible but illegal as well..........

Old 06-11-2006, 01:16 PM
5 Year Member
my g/f has it on her solara and its stick. just remember not to put it in gear when you park.

Old 06-11-2006, 01:23 PM
In Canada it's legal....there's remote starter for manual cars....i'm installing a lot of those and there's no problem at all with them....any of you guys want one and want to come to montreal....i'll do it for you guys at 300$ including door lock control, alarm, two remotes with 2000 feet range or 400$ for the same with a two way system and 4000 feet range...

Old 06-11-2006, 01:33 PM
5 Year Member
Clifford has a fool proof way of having it installed, although it's quite expensive (~$600USD), I believe only the higher models have this option.

In order to activate the remote start, you have to arm the remote start while the car is running in neutral, then arm the car after everybody exits the vehicle, which kills the motor. If the doors are opened at any time after the car is armed, the remote start won't work. If the alarm goes off while the car is armed, the remote start is disabled as well. When you come back to the car, you remote start it then disarm the alarm.

I have this set up in my 1999 Civic Si, and have not had any problems in the past 7 years.

Old 06-11-2006, 01:35 PM
The remote starter that i talked about above works exactly like you just said.

Old 06-22-2006, 07:55 PM
haha yea DO NOT leave it in park. my buddy had his car parked in front of a store and when he clicked it on, it hopped the curb..

Old 06-25-2006, 07:19 PM
I was wondering about this too. The whole process of the remote starter just seams like it would take too much time just to start it. My friend had a 2002 Ford Ranger and had that installed, but it was AT. His was pretty cool cuz it started with a push of a button, but he still couldnt drive it without putting his keys in and what not. Iono... I guess I just don't understand the whole process of it.

Old 06-25-2006, 08:26 PM
5 Year Member
to cool off or heat up your car without having to tot out into those elements yourself. some people would rather start the car from NISIDE the house in the winter and let it thaw befor ethey go out. that and if you want to go in the store and leave the ac on while you are gone you can without leaving the key in the car.

Old 10-14-2006, 05:12 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fit_4_a_king
Clifford has a fool proof way of having it installed, although it's quite expensive (~$600USD), I believe only the higher models have this option.

In order to activate the remote start, you have to arm the remote start while the car is running in neutral, then arm the car after everybody exits the vehicle, which kills the motor. If the doors are opened at any time after the car is armed, the remote start won't work. If the alarm goes off while the car is armed, the remote start is disabled as well. When you come back to the car, you remote start it then disarm the alarm.

I have this set up in my 1999 Civic Si, and have not had any problems in the past 7 years.
I have installed one like you said and it worked great. the car could never drive off by it self. Living in the Northeast you need that. Warm car in the winter cool car in the summer. Looking into getting one for my FIT. Just need to bypass the stock immobilizer.

Old 06-23-2007, 11:19 PM
5 Year Member
Compustar is probably one of the only companies that make an alarm for stickshift cars. the only way you will be able to start your car is if you have your hand brakes up and in neutral. if its not, the car wont autostart and you have to start it by hand.

Viper, Clifford, AutoPage, etc.(all the same company) doesnt want to hassle with making alarms for stickshift so they only have alarms for automatic.

How do i know all these information? My uncle does Alarms for a Living.

Old 06-24-2007, 03:12 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ilretep
Viper, Clifford, AutoPage, etc.(all the same company) doesnt want to hassle with making alarms for stickshift so they only have alarms for automatic.

How do i know all these information? My uncle does Alarms for a Living.
If your uncle installs Cliffords, then he must be familiar with page 9 of my Clifford alarm owner's manual:

Clifford does make alarms with remote start for manual transmissions.

Old 07-11-2007, 11:21 AM
clutch bypass, get use to parking it in neutral

enjoy