Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

KWSC - was it worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2010, 10:56 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by usmc0341
Ok no need for debates here.

kennef if you're still waiting for someone to stand up and say how much they regretted the KWSC, be prepared to wait a while.
debate what? he just needs to get it and forget it!

Originally Posted by Koi
I was able to completely outrun and shut down a road raging Mazda minivan that was riding on my ass today, thanks to the magic of boost. Feels good man.
see!

Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
The money spent and time invested is reaffirmed every time I drive my car.... I wish like hell I could say that about every thing I've owned and worked on.
see X 2

Originally Posted by Wave
I drive my KWSC A/T Fit ALOT, to the tune of 126 miles round trip every time I go to work and back home, 102212 miles on the odometer so far.

The kit has been an absolute joy to own, I'd never go back to non forced induction. I only wish there was some way to put High Boost in the AT Fit's only because I'd like "just a little bit more"...yeah I'm hooked.
see X 3

Originally Posted by Wave
Hard to give you a good answer as I don't try to
hyper-mile my car...I bang the hell out of it every chance I get.

From filled up to the point where the gas is going to spill out I usually get to around 250 miles before the needle says halfway. I'd love to see what my car can do if I drove it at a constant 60mph but thats damn near impossible around my neck of the woods.
see X 4

Originally Posted by keepitpg
^^^ indeed.
oh hey whats up PG long time no see!

Originally Posted by JDMchris.com
Simply awesome!
see X 5

Originally Posted by kennef
actually, i think your change to a turbo is very interesting and could shed light on whether a kwsc is worth it or not. there's got to be a reason you didn't go back to a kwsc/ ventured off to a turbo when it doesn't seem as popular to do so.
ok this guy is just trying to get posts under is belt, he'll never pull the trigger on a KraftWerks SC - good luck dude but i say put your money where your typing fingers are and get boost anyway you want, i'd kill for a GE kit to be available soon, but will settle for my e85 turbo'd CRX to fullfill my boost addiction for now

Old 04-24-2010, 11:35 AM
5 Year Member
I have been looking for someone that wants to change back to stock from a High Boost upgrade..... I guess I am going to place an order in to Kraft Werks in a week or so since I'm not getting any younger and I refuse to let anyone else turn a wrench on my car. I don't think there is anyone that's in a hurry to to cut loose of theirs..... The flawless operation of the base kit has instilled confidence that the High Boost upgrade will meet my expectations and serve me well.

Old 04-24-2010, 12:00 PM
Koi
5 Year Member
I have been looking for someone that wants to change back to stock from a High Boost upgrade..... I guess I am going to place an order in to Kraft Werks in a week or so since I'm not getting any younger and I refuse to let anyone else turn a wrench on my car. I don't think there is anyone that's in a hurry to to cut loose of theirs..... The flawless operation of the base kit has instilled confidence that the High Boost upgrade will meet my expectations and serve me well.
I'm jealous

Old 04-24-2010, 12:05 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
Its awesome!

Old 04-24-2010, 02:14 PM
5 Year Member
Its awesome!
I have read about every post you have made in regards to your experiences with the KWSC starting way back before I started posting..... That and my own experiences with the base kit has me reassured that I am not making a mistake..... I am getting to the point age and health wise that if I don't act soon I won't be able to do what all needs to be done to get everything the way I want it mechanically.... Maybe I will do some cosmetic stuff one of these days but that really all that important to me.

Old 04-24-2010, 03:27 PM
5 Year Member
I WISH KraftWerks had a high boost option for us A/T guys, I'd be all over it in a second...

Old 04-27-2010, 06:20 PM
5 Year Member
Can anyone in socal tell me how much you guys paid for your KWSC including tax+install? I'm assuming that seperate tune is not required. I just want to know how much I should have saved to finally get this =].

Old 04-27-2010, 06:54 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by AnlDyxp_GD3
Can anyone in socal tell me how much you guys paid for your KWSC including tax+install? I'm assuming that seperate tune is not required. I just want to know how much I should have saved to finally get this =].
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...c-install.html

Old 04-27-2010, 07:09 PM
5 Year Member
yeah I've seen that thread, I'm expecting 500-800 for the install, but how much did you pay for the kit+tax? Did you pay the sticker price of $2995? Going at a 9.25% tax rate was it $3272 out the door? thanks.

Old 04-27-2010, 07:18 PM
5 Year Member
yeah I've seen that thread, I'm expecting 500-800 for the install, but how much did you pay for the kit+tax? Did you pay the sticker price of $2995? Going at a 9.25% tax rate was it $3272 out the door? thanks.
Something like that. I took over someone's pre-order before the kit was released. Back then tax was a bit cheaper, but then again the price was higher too.

Old 04-27-2010, 07:20 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
Since when is sales tax 9.25? KW is located in the IE, 8.75 tax rate.

Last edited by JDMchris.com; 04-27-2010 at 07:30 PM.
Old 04-27-2010, 07:21 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up

Something like that. I took over someone's pre-order before the kit was released. Back then tax was a bit cheaper, but then again the price was higher too.
Ohh I see. So probably roughly than the same price than I guess. Ok gotcha, thanks! I'm looking to go to that MD automotive place that you suggested as well.

Old 04-27-2010, 07:23 PM
5 Year Member
Since when is sales tax 9.25? KW is located in the IE, 8.75 tax rate.
WHAAA! No way, I completely forgot that tax rate was LA only. Thanks dude

Old 04-27-2010, 07:24 PM
5 Year Member
Ohh I see. So probably roughly than the same price than I guess. Ok gotcha, thanks! I'm looking to go to that MD automotive place that you suggested as well.
Well if you're not busy Friday, I'm stopping by there to do my uninstall. Before that happens you could do a test drive.

Old 04-27-2010, 07:27 PM
5 Year Member
Well if you're not busy Friday, I'm stopping by there to do my uninstall. Before that happens you could do a test drive.
Cool, thanks for the offer, I appreciate it. But I work all day and have class at night . I assume you had a buyer than? If your kit was for a MT I would have totally bought it. LOL

Old 04-27-2010, 07:43 PM
Does anyone know if KW is having a sale anytime soon like they did last year for the spring sale when the base kit was $2795 i believe?

Old 04-28-2010, 12:54 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by R@ymun2
Does anyone know if KW is having a sale anytime soon like they did last year for the spring sale when the base kit was $2795 i believe?
I hope so! If its possible i might hold out until than.

Old 04-28-2010, 06:16 AM
5 Year Member
i got mine for a good price with extras. plus i got a nice hook up on install from my friend

Old 04-28-2010, 11:41 AM
5 Year Member
Hell man, everything is higher than it was a year ago due to the Dollar being less than what it was then..... Once you have mounted the kit on your car you are going to enjoy it so much you will kick your own butt for not having gotten it last year, for sure.

Old 04-28-2010, 12:05 PM
5 Year Member
Hell man, everything is higher than it was a year ago due to the Dollar being less than what it was then..... Once you have mounted the kit on your car you are going to enjoy it so much you will kick your own butt for not having gotten it last year, for sure.
LOL. I'm still going to hold out to see if there will be a sale. I'm planning to quit my full-time job in a few months to return to school full time. So I will probably blow what little I have saved on the supercharger. LOL

Quick Reply: KWSC - was it worth it?